But over The Bills by 8

The Wiz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

From what I can tell the lower bowl is just about sold out there are like 30 tickets left down low, the only tickets they have to sell are in the upper back corners should be easily 9,500 plus people there if not a sold out game. 

Yeah, I'm seeing only 887 total tickets left.  That's 9,713 sold.  Obviously not everyone who has a ticket will show; but with max capacity at 10,600; I'm expecting to see over 9K there.

40 minutes ago, philliken said:

Yeah, I'm seeing only 887 total tickets left.  That's 9,713 sold.  Obviously not everyone who has a ticket will show; but with max capacity at 10,600; I'm expecting to see over 9K there.

I just talked to my friend in the ticket office and asked him about what's available, and he said they probably had between 1,000 and 1,500 left.  Spread the word, let's sell it out.

18 minutes ago, SLUisville said:

I just talked to my friend in the ticket office and asked him about what's available, and he said they probably had between 1,000 and 1,500 left.  Spread the word, let's sell it out.

Butler can never sell out their dump, so might as well let them see what a sell out looks like. 

19 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Butler can never sell out their dump, so might as well let them see what a sell out looks like. 

Ah geez, why did you have to say this?  Butler has sold out 1 of 3 home games this year and averaged 8,000 for the other two.  Their attendance far outstrips ours.  Last season they averaged 8,350 and sold out 5 times.  We have had 4 sellouts at Chaifetz in the history of the building.  We have topped 10,000 14 times.  Chaifetz capacity is listed as 10,600.

Please use blue font next time you attempt a joke.

Yes, I will be at Chaifetz, hoping for a sell out and a Billiken victory.

RIP HUMPS and prebilliken like this

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Ah geez, why did you have to say this?  Butler has sold out 1 of 3 home games this year and averaged 8,000 for the other two.  Their attendance far outstrips ours.  Last season they averaged 8,350 and sold out 5 times.  We have had 4 sellouts at Chaifetz in the history of the building.  We have topped 10,000 14 times.  Chaifetz capacity is listed as 10,600.

I’ve heard about 8,000

2 hours ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

From what I can tell the lower bowl is just about sold out there are like 30 tickets left down low, the only tickets they have to sell are in the upper back corners should be easily 9,500 plus people there if not a sold out game. 

Not doubting you, Dan, but I was told those seats are season tickets  held by big donors. Problem is they don't attend games. Hopefully, tomorrow they'll get off their couches and go. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Well look at you, just a regular Bobby Butler. 

Hinkle is a dump. They never sell it out. The movie Hoosiers sucks. Brad Stevens thinks SLU by 10. 

39 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Well look at you, just a regular Bobby Butler. 

Hinkle is a dump. They never sell it out. The movie Hoosiers sucks. Brad Stevens thinks SLU by 10. 

Congratulations at your attempt at humor. Great job upholding a fine image of a Billiken fan. And you think Butler fans are crass?  

majerus mojo likes this

53 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

They are more likely corporately owned tickets, that’s why they are empty. 

Then give them to worthy employees, good/bad customers, their neighbors, their kids, or fellow club members. Give them to someone. Don't let them just sit empty.

Listen, I love SLU basketball more than most things in this world, but if you think the program that put back-to-back National Runners-Up together is the program that "stole" our spot in the Big East than you need to lay off the sauce. 

From a performance standpoint, Butler is the sort of program we yearn to be, you're not hating on the Bills by stating that. 

53 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Congratulations at your attempt at humor. Great job upholding a fine image of a Billiken fan. And you think Butler fans are crass?  

Congratulations at your attempts to make serious posts on a college basketball message board regarding an upcoming opponent. Johnny No Fun gets his undies in a bunch trying to uphold some sort of reputation?

It is unfortunate because this program hasn't had a game against (what should still be if not for Jim Crews running the ship ashore) a regional rival that mattered in a long while. The Butler games were some of the more fun beat downs in their special year in the A10. Glad to see them back on the schedule, would like to see it become a long term H/H series. I think it makes sense for both programs. 

And if you can't have a little meatball about that kind of game, I'm not sure what you're doing exactly. Why so serious?

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Well, this is a first. In my attempt to label this a "bad post" I labeled it a "good post". I cannot rescind my "good post" after reaching the limit.

Thanks for reading. 

28 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Listen, I love SLU basketball more than most things in this world, but if you think the program that put back-to-back National Runners-Up together is the program that "stole" our spot in the Big East than you need to lay off the sauce. 

From a performance standpoint, Butler is the sort of program we yearn to be, you're not hating on the Bills by stating that. 

You're correct. Everyone knows it was that Creighton-Marquette unholy alliance that stole SLU's spot.

Although I don't think a Butler-SLU comp is on point. SLU has been bad/mediocre in good conferences. Butler was good in conferences. Since their move up the food chain, Butler has been solid, but nothing spectacular, which is also due to the Stevens loss. I don't yearn for SLU to be a middle to lower tier team in a "major" conference. Although I obviously would say I would trade conferences with them all day long and twice on Sunday. 

17 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Congratulations at your attempts to make serious posts on a college basketball message board regarding an upcoming opponent. Johnny No Fun gets his undies in a bunch trying to uphold some sort of reputation?

It is unfortunate because this program hasn't had a game against (what should still be if not for Jim Crews running the ship ashore) a regional rival that mattered in a long while. The Butler games were some of the more fun beat downs in their special year in the A10. Glad to see them back on the schedule, would like to see it become a long term H/H series. I think it makes sense for both programs. 

And if you can't have a little meatball about that kind of game, I'm not sure what you're doing exactly. Why so serious?

You besmirched the purity of Indiana basketball.  It's no laughing matter. 

JMM28 likes this