But over The Bills by 8

The Wiz

Bills are better than Butler. Imagine being a team that loses to Dayton

This team lost to Dayton

Dayton hasn't beaten a team from even a mid major conference.

Dayton has someone who plays 22 mpg named Obadiah

Butler lost to a team at neutral site that plays someone named Obadiah.

Bills by 20

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Took a look at the Butler forum to see what they were saying about this game....

Let’s just say they’re still very butt hurt about the game (and season) in 2013 when we went into Hinkle and beat them, our second of three wins over them that season. That bus trip and game is still probably my favorite memory as a SLU fan. They claim we were loud and obnoxious (probably true) and that “several fans were booted from Hinkle for taunting other fans and players” (definitely untrue). 

https://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php?threads/butler-bulldogs-5-1-vs-slu-5-1-12-1-2018.2387/

Anyway, I would definitely like to extract some revenge for the waxing they put on our six man team last year. 

Jim Crews owns Brad Stevens. 😉

Billikid likes this

Just read their board and revising my prediction. Bills by 8 but never really in doubt after the 10 min mark in the 2nd half. Jgood with a near triple double, CAG fills up the stat sheet, Wiley hits 50+% from 3, Isabell keeps the turnovers down and French stays out of foul trouble.  This win will mark the point in the season where we finally started clicking and shows just how good we can be. 

8 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Just read their board and revising my prediction. Bills by 8 but never really in doubt after the 10 min mark in the 2nd half. Jgood with a near triple double, CAG fills up the stat sheet, Wiley hits 50+% from 3, Isabell keeps the turnovers down and French stays out of foul trouble.  This win will mark the point in the season where we finally started clicking and shows just how good we can be. 

BitesizedSickHuemul-size_restricted.gif

GBL_Bills and rgbilliken like this

3 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Took a look at the Butler forum to see what they were saying about this game....

Let’s just say they’re still very butt hurt about the game (and season) in 2013 when we went into Hinkle and beat them, our second of three wins over them that season. That bus trip and game is still probably my favorite memory as a SLU fan. They claim we were loud and obnoxious (probably true) and that “several fans were booted from Hinkle for taunting other fans and players” (definitely untrue). 

https://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php?threads/butler-bulldogs-5-1-vs-slu-5-1-12-1-2018.2387/

Anyway, I would definitely like to extract some revenge for the waxing they put on our six man team last year. 

F681C568-35D2-4481-BB25-77DC55C657FB.jpeg.2d56c98bb7f30e69b54bcd9512c89c51.jpeg

Wut

038F38FC-AC9F-4613-8DFC-A011BFCA1BAF.jpeg.4bf20c50fdad88705131afd88d123854.jpeg

CB52B147-992C-4124-901C-664F3EF927D5.gif.2808d0a18d94073deb2eb91e46f7533c.gif

14 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I, for one, had a completely respectful time at Hinkle. 

Broad Ripple after though...

I was disappointed in their student section. They just let us totally take that place over, even from pretty high up.

I would say the vast majority of us from the buses was more supportive of our team than obnoxious towards theirs.  I think their fans are probably remembering it in a worse light, considering their team was completely outclassed by ours. 

It has been awhile since we really looked forward to what might be termed a BIG GAME. We had quite a few back in the 2011-2014 era. I hope the crowd creates a BIG GAME atmosphere and those lower bowl seats are filled. It's disappointing to see how many of these sit vacant on TV.

This team hasn’t played in a big crowd yet this entire season, but as soon as they see the city show up for Butler on Saturday they will play their greatest game ever. 

We beat a far better team on the road after travel mishaps and sleep deprivation and lost to an underated Pitt team who barely lost to a top 15 team. 

We had a week to work on our offense and rest our injuries. 

This will be the most exciting game since vcu in 2014 (2013)?

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

This team hasn’t played in a big crowd yet this entire season, but as soon as they see the city show up for Butler on Saturday they will play their greatest game ever. 

We beat a far better team on the road after travel mishaps and sleep deprivation and lost to an underated Pitt team who barely lost to a top 15 team. 

We had a week to work on our offense and rest our injuries. 

This will be the most exciting game since vcu in 2014 (2013)?

We played in an NCAA Tournament that year.

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

It has been awhile since we really looked forward to what might be termed a BIG GAME. We had quite a few back in the 2011-2014 era. I hope the crowd creates a BIG GAME atmosphere and those lower bowl seats are filled. It's disappointing to see how many of these sit vacant on TV.

From what I can tell the lower bowl is just about sold out there are like 30 tickets left down low, the only tickets they have to sell are in the upper back corners should be easily 9,500 plus people there if not a sold out game. 

14 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

F681C568-35D2-4481-BB25-77DC55C657FB.jpeg.2d56c98bb7f30e69b54bcd9512c89c51.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I don't recall anything on this board about trying to find out where someone lives to inflict harm on them, we all know those sort of tussles take place in Salina 

It never did happen.  Here is the post that started the exchange with gmoser1210.

Closet thing to what he is claiming.

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I was disappointed in their student section. They just let us totally take that place over, even from pretty high up.

I would say the vast majority of us from the buses was more supportive of our team than obnoxious towards theirs.  I think their fans are probably remembering it in a worse light, considering their team was completely outclassed by ours. 

Yeah, I was in the heart of our section for that game.  I don't recall our fans being particularly obnoxious.  Boisterous, yes.

"I suggested the Big East stay at 10 teams to give SLU more time to show they were able to sustain success" - now that's pretty obnoxious.

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Yeah, I was in the heart of our section for that game.  I don't recall our fans being particularly obnoxious.  Boisterous, yes.

"I suggested the Big East stay at 10 teams to give SLU more time to show they were able to sustain success" - now that's pretty obnoxious.

It's one thing if it's coming from Villanova fans, but for a team that jumped from the Horizon to the A10 to the Big East in three seasons, they should be pretty grateful and gracious.

This is why I never look at opposing message boards.