Welcome Javonte Perkins!

53 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The SWIC 2018-19 roster lists him at 6'6" and 195 lb.  Other reports have him at 6'7", but I haven't seen anything north of 195 lb.  Perhaps he can put on 5 to 10 lb of muscle over the summer.

Check out this site, has him at 140 lbs and 6'5" in HS.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/player_details.aspx?playerid=7736

Seems to me Ford and company must believe Javonte is a steal.  They could of waited until the Spring signing period and very likely have gotten another high profile grad transfer for the position he plays.  But they committed to a juco who has played only a few games so far this season.

Now assuming Welmer is not back, Ford still has two recruits to go.  Obviously one needs to be a big.  I am hoping for Jason Jitoboh to be one of the remaining commits.  The other, another big or PG.

PG ------- Goodwin, Jacobs, Collins

SG ------- Thatch, Jimerson, Gudmundsson

SF -------- Hargroves, Perkins, Hankton

PF/C ---- French, Gordon

moytoy12 likes this

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Seems to me Ford and company must believe Javonte is a steal.  They could of waited until the Spring signing period and very likely have gotten another high profile grad transfer for the position he plays.  But they committed to a juco who has played only a few games so far this season.

Now assuming Welmer is not back, Ford still has two recruits to go.  Obviously one needs to be a big.  I am hoping for Jason Jitoboh to be one of the remaining commits.  The other, another big or PG.

PG ------- Goodwin, Jacobs, Collins

SG ------- Thatch, Jimerson, Gudmundsson

SF -------- Hargroves, Perkins, Hankton

PF/C ---- French, Gordon

With no seniors, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets 1-2 grad transfers...

8 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Saw Javonte play tonight.  I arrived late.  He was on the bench when I got there.  Didn't play much.  I figured he was in foul trouble.  Scored all of his pts in the 2nd half.  I believe he had 18.  Talked to him afterwards...he said he got poked in the eye in the 1st half.

18 in a half is a good sign. He look good?

55 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

18 in a half is a good sign. He look good?

I was talking to a Div 1 coach after the game.  In his words Javonte is a "bucket getter".  He can score the ball.  Honestly my concerns for Javonte are on the defensive end (he needs to be more physical) and staying focused in the classroom.  If he takes care of those he can definitely help the team next year.  

RUBillsFan and VeniceMenace like this

7 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I was talking to a Div 1 coach after the game.  In his words Javonte is a "bucket getter".  He can score the ball.  Honestly my concerns for Javonte are on the defensive end (he needs to be more physical) and staying focused in the classroom.  If he takes care of those he can definitely help the team next year.  

I would hope that with a full year at a JC the staff would have an idea whether this will be a problem.

34 minutes ago, Basketbill said:

I would hope that with a full year at a JC the staff would have an idea whether this will be a problem.

JUCO academics?  

SLU_Lax likes this