Welcome Javonte Perkins!

6 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Any idea which other schools were recruiting him?

In terms of actual offers...no.  But he told me last year Creighton and Wichita St were showing interest. He played AAU for Gateway with Levi Stockard,  Daniel Faris and Wyatt Yvess.  He had a lot of interest but he had grade issues.  I saw Tate at one of his games last season...but I didn't know they were interested.  Came as a surprise to me.  He definitely wanted to stay close to home tho.

31 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

In terms of actual offers...no.  But he told me last year Creighton and Wichita St were showing interest. He played AAU for Gateway with Levi Stockard,  Daniel Faris and Wyatt Yvess.  He had a lot of interest but he had grade issues.  I saw Tate at one of his games last season...but I didn't know they were interested.  Came as a surprise to me.  He definitely wanted to stay close to home tho.

Welcome Javonte Perkins look forward to cheering for you.

Thanks for sharing coach took away the sting of a tough loss.

Very impressed with coach Ford and coach Tate getting this done after a road trip and the day before thanksgiving.

I love the fact that the program is being built and maintained by a lot of local kids mixed in with some good kids from out of town.

Next would like to see some big men signed to complete the class.

HenryB likes this

Just now, CBFan said:

Welcome Javonte Perkins look forward to cheering for you.

Thanks for sharing coach took away the sting of a tough loss.

Very impressed with coach Ford and coach Tate getting this done after a road trip and the day before thanksgiving.

I love the fact that the program is being built and maintained by a lot of local kids mixed in with some good kids from out of town.

Next would like to see some big men signed to complete the class.

need at least one to replace foreman.  two would be nice.  asd coach314 said, they can sell immediate playing time.

Next year looking like; 

PG: JGood, Collins

2: Thatch, Jacobs, Ingvi

3: Perkins, Jimmerson, Hargrove, Hankton

4: French

5: Gordon

2 opens  - Big and another PF ? 

With the size of our 3's could see Hankton and Hargrove getting minutes at the 4. But we do need some inside depth. A GT and a late bloomer. In any event a lot of talent w/ this list.  Leads me to think one or possibly 2 players look to transfer. 

Zink likes this

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Next year looking like; 

PG: JGood, Collins

2: Thatch, Jacobs, Ingvi

3: Perkins, Jimmerson, Hargrove, Hankton

4: French

5: Gordon

2 opens  - Big and another PF ? 

With the size of our 3's could see Hankton and Hargrove getting minutes at the 4. But we do need some inside depth. A GT and a late bloomer. In any event a lot of talent w/ this list.  Leads me to think one or possibly 2 players look to transfer. 

I wonder if Ford is looking at our team this year wishing he had better shooting out of our bigs, realizing we’ve looked pretty good with Bess at the 4, and thinking that Hankton/Hargrove combining to back that spot up might not be a bad idea next year. Still want another true big, but if those swingmen can hold their own in the paint on defense, it really could open things up for offensively. 

This is  just what the doctor ordered ...a true shooter....60.5/ 42.6/ 81.4 =184.5.......Which translates to  A+/ A+ / A+ = overall A+....no small sample sizes....One of SLU's best incoming shooters ever.  Majerus use to say he would take a legitimate( full sample size) 180 player ...sight unseen.  This is the guy.

Hopefully he has a good year this year.

Good get.

If Jimmerson's game translates to D1, Perkins is a natural scorer, which his #'s indicate he is, Hankton and Jacobs show progress, putting the ball in the hoop should not be the challenge it is this year. Plus a solid perimeter shooting team eliminates the packed inside we get every game and opens it up for Goodwin drives and Gordon and French to get a bunch of chippies. 

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

You do realize Perkins was a 2star in high school, right?  So are you coming around realizing stars aren’t that important?  

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/javonte-perkins

He was REALLY skinny in HS, not a college ready body which may have been a factor in his rating.  The more recent photos look like he has really filled out nicely.  And the sites I saw had him at 6'5" as a HS senior.  So appears he put on height & weight.  Pretty much a different player size wise.

18 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

He was REALLY skinny in HS, not a college ready body which may have been a factor in his rating.  The more recent photos look like he has really filled out nicely.  And the sites I saw had him at 6'5" as a HS senior.  So appears he put on height & weight.  Pretty much a different player size wise.

And extended that midrange game beyond the arc, it seems. Great get for Ford and #teamblue. 

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

The SWIC 2018-19 roster lists him at 6'6" and 195 lb.  Other reports have him at 6'7", but I haven't seen anything north of 195 lb.  Perhaps he can put on 5 to 10 lb of muscle over the summer.