Isabell on bench = why? Santos departure = why?

DoctorB

Folks, sorry if this is redundant -- I rarely sign in anymore and this may have been covered in one of the other long threads which I don't have the patience to wade through -- but:

Did any info emerge from somewhere why Isabell was marooned on the bench in the first half against Pitt?  Or--going back a few weeks -- on the situation with Santos' departure?? (I happen to be on leave and am a bit out of the loop this semester...)

FWIW:  I thought Pitt was much improved and they have some excellent, explosive freshmen.  They may turn out to be much better than in the 70s.  We are definitely improving but I'm sticking with my original surmise:  Bills are a work in progress and will round into shape in a couple more months.  Nobody will want to play us then, because our defense has a chance to be awesome, just need to score better and stay out of foul trouble.  I would be thankful for that.  Boy, Santos would have been huge asset yesterday... 

drkelsey55 and moytoy12 like this

While I want the Bills to dominate everyone and win, I’m finally coming around to the fact this it’s going to be well into January before we’re clicking on all cylinders.  The loss to Pitt won’t be a major resume stumbling block as long as we win the ones we’re supposed to in OOC play and hopefully notch a couple of good wins.  

Even without seeing him practice or play, I was very high on Santos.  And Doc is Right, we sure could have used him yesterday. Heck, even a healthy Welmer would have been huge.  Just wish we had the frontline we all envisioned in July.

Anyway, let’s not one close loss (under trying circumstance) to an average P5 team get us down.   Happy thanksgiving all.  Enjoy the time with your friends and family.

CBFan and drkelsey55 like this

Reading this and the reaction to the loss to Pitt yesterday in the blog, I am amazed how much this loss appears to have affected a lot of people. This is not a major loss, people, it will be major only if it is the beginning of a string of losses. Yes we have our troubles at the start of this season and we are not playing at our peak capacity yet, so what? This is the way teams are fine tuned, by adjusting to reverses. We will do fine this year and this loss is most likely to become inconsequential. This is not a time to run around thinking the sky is falling on us.

We've been hearing ever since practice started how physical our practices are. I wonder if this isn't leading to all the foul troubles we had in NJ and NYC. The reason we lost to Pitt was having our starters lose a bunch of minutes because of foul trouble. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

We've been hearing ever since practice started how physical our practices are. I wonder if this isn't leading to all the foul troubles we had in NJ and NYC. The reason we lost to Pitt was having our starters lose a bunch of minutes because of foul trouble. 

We certainly play a physical brand of ball, but yesterday the calls were just downright bad. CAG’s third foul was a block where he got all ball.  Jgood picked up 2 questionable fouls in quick succession in the 2nd half.  There were a number of other bad calls.  We’re physical, but we didn’t called for our physical play.  We just got screwed.