GDT vs Pittsburgh in Brooklyn

Show me a single player who fouled out. None. 

Bad use of resources. The thing with fouls is they reset every game. What is the difference between not playing a guy for 20 min when he is in foul trouble  vs him getting fouled out with 5 min left. 

We never had to go to 4 freshmen, 2 who haven’t seen the court against an undefeated team. 

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I can't believe a college player can't learn to shoot free throws. I agree he shouldn't have been in but 75% of this is on French. 

Exactly!  I would make him shoot underhand.  If after all these years you can't make free throws, then go underhand.  I know that will never happen because of egos, but if you could make five more points in addition to your current scoring, why not?  If a guy hates doing it enough, he should spend more time on his own improving his free throws and prove he can shoot 70% or better shooting normal.  If not, it's Rick Barry time.

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

Bad use of resources. The thing with fouls is they reset every game. What is the difference between not playing a guy for 20 min when he is in foul trouble  vs him getting fouled out with 5 min left. 

We never had to go to 4 freshmen, 2 who haven’t seen the court against an undefeated team. 

Don't post if you have such lacking knowledge of the game. Go build a rocket. thanks

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

You said this was a deep team. 

1 minute ago, CBFan said:

Normally Wiley would have been out there instead of French both of our GT's have really helped and it hurt not having them for a full game.

We want Hankton however Hankton may have turned over the ball and we would be mad at that not having Wiley out there hurt Ford should not have not had French out there.

The last 4 minutes was horribly coached.

FG 29-68 42 percent, 3pt 5-15, FT 10-16 bad, 12 assists and turnovers, Rebounds 43-35.

Scoring JGood 16, French 13, Bess 12, Foreman 10, Isabell 8, Gordon 6, Hankton 5, Thatch 3

Ford is screaming about the officials on the interview with Bob

Foreman is the one that should have been out there.  Especially if the play was as it appeared to be a high low post play to set up Gordon.  Foreman is the best guy we have for the high post on those plays.  

billikenfan05 likes this

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Isabell has to know not to feed French in the Post on that play. Take a contested shot. French is in there to rebound. 

I think the play drawn up was for them to feed the ball to French in the high post.  It doesn't matter anyway.  He was on the court and the billikens were in the bonus.  They were going to foul French away from the ball near that point on the clock.

If last year wasn’t a wake up call, this game won’t be for French. No matter how good he is, having the ft shooting ability of a 5th grader is embarrassing. 

Take a decently athletic kid around age 15 and have them shoot 100 free throws one day with good form, they could destroy him in a ft competition in 2 days 

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I am saying the last 7 min of the first half lost us the game. Having 4 freshmen on the court, two who haven’t played before is beyond dumb. Add in that we put in our worst ft shooter with 2 min left was dumb. That’s why you let them play early on. 

Let me help you we took the lead in the second half, 10-16 from the line get 2 more free throws we have a chance.  Wiley being out hurt Isabell playing one half hurt.  We over came the second half deficit where you paying attention?

Just now, brianstl said:

Foreman is the one that should have been out there.  Especially if the play was as it appeared to be a high low post play to set up Gordon.  Foreman is the best guy we have for the high post on those plays.  

The white board just looked like a high screen with the ball handler attacking. I agree that Foreman should of been out there but i don't know. Everyone going to think they know the answer to everything but hindsight is always 20 20. I trust Ford's decision making. 

What would that do to French's confidence if he gets pulled at the end of the game? Ford trying to build towards something and that involves putting people in uncomfortable positions. We will be better once this team meshes. It's only one loss. 

I thought Rammer was doing both parts at the beginning of his TF interview. He was ticked off. I feel as good as I've felt after a loss in a long time. Before the trip I was fully prepared to be 3-2 and now we know we got screwed out of being 5-0. Be amazed if we don't win next one by 20+. New concern is Wiley. Got to see Hankton. Thatch looks like the real deal. Jacobs back. Any updates on Welmer?

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

If last year wasn’t a wake up call, this game won’t be for French. No matter how good he is, having the ft shooting ability of a 5th grader is embarrassing. 

Take a decently athletic kid around age 15 and have them shoot 100 free throws one day with good form, they could destroy him in a ft competition in 2 days 

Go tell him that to his face. 

CBFan likes this

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

He had a strong first half. Different second half when Isabell was back. Gotta figure out that relationship...

The weird thing is most of his points in the first half came off of rebounds or cuts, things he can do regardless of who brings the ball up the floor. Goodwin has to be consistently aggressive if we’re going to dance this year and so far it hasn’t happened, except for the first half today. 

Just now, slufan13 said:

Honestly it somewhat feels good to have such a disappointing loss. 3 years ago, I was indifferent at best about the results of the game because I wanted Crews gone and the last two years, we didn't have anywhere near enough talent for it to matter.

It's good to have a team that's worth watching...disappointment is far better than apathy. 

Old guy likes this

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

The white board just looked like a high screen with the ball handler attacking. I agree that Foreman should of been out there but i don't know. Everyone going to think they know the answer to everything but hindsight is always 20 20. I trust Ford's decision making. 

What would that do to French's confidence if he gets pulled at the end of the game? Ford trying to build towards something and that involves putting people in uncomfortable positions. We will be better once this team meshes. It's only one loss. 

This is a good point, but I don't know if French airballing one at the end of the game helps his confidence.

Just now, Brighton said:

They win this game if Isabell starts. I firmly believe this. It would be a shame to miss out on the NCAA's after such a promising start.

You need a jump to conclusions mat. We have several opportunities in the OOC to grab quality wins. This won't derail our season.