Steve - The Ignore Feature

Cowboy

-Steve, thank you for allowing us to play in your sandbox, this has been asked but with updates I am wondering if now available, is there a way with the Ignore Feature to not see anything related to a poster? if another poster not on Ignore quotes a poster I, and I bet many others, have on Ignore, we see the response, is there a way for all of the ignored poster's activity to be hidden? if not, would you consider asking your hosting service if this is something they could develop? I think this would be a great enhancement

-Happy Thanksgiving!

eastsidejoe likes this

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I've been on here for almost 20 years and never once used the ignore list. JUST DON'T READ POSTS BY IDIOTS! You don't need to rely on AI.

I used to think this before I actually tried the Ignore feature. Try it, and I'd be surprised if you don't like it. It's so much cleaner, so much easier to tune out nonsense.

The only downside is that other people can't help themselves and reply to the trolls.

14 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I may be able to do this with this:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9023-ne-ignore-quotes/

But very few people appeared to have bought this plugin....

-cool, I will try on my home computer

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I used to think this before I actually tried the Ignore feature. Try it, and I'd be surprised if you don't like it. It's so much cleaner, so much easier to tune out nonsense.

The only downside is that other people can't help themselves and reply to the trolls.

-this is what I don't understand

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

How does the plug in work after you install it? Do we retain the ability to select who to ignore or is this done centrally?

My impression is it will just "hide" the quotes in other users posts of the users you have on your ignore list.

We could have colors for people like the blue ink for haha's. So GD-MMXIII could be pink, old guy gray etc. that way it's still there but easy to not read. It would be easier for him to get a clue or just ban him from posting. For me I'm really not that bothered. He is a fan he just annoying as hell sometimes. Just like sitting in the stands there's idiots you have to listen all the time. Their still fans so there's that I usually wear headphones to "ignore" live.

rgbilliken likes this

Just now, Old guy said:

OK although I do not see much difference from what you have in use now.

If you're on the A-10 forum - unless they've changed things over the years - you can see an example of it there.  The idea is that if you have a user on your ignore list, if someone who's not on your ignore list quotes that user, in the quote section it will say something like "You've chosen to ignore this user."  As it is now, you're forced to see the quoted content.

Another problem with this forum's software is that when new content is added to a thread while you're reading it (and you get the notification), the content from user shows up even without your selecting "Show this post."

The plugin should now be installed.  If you are ignoring a user, you will now have the option to ignore their quotes.  You likely will have to go through the users you have already ignored to say that you want to ignore their quotes in addition to their posts (it is another checkbox you mark when you ignore a user).

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2018 at 8:46 PM, SluSignGuy said:

The plugin should now be installed.  If you are ignoring a user, you will now have the option to ignore their quotes.  You likely will have to go through the users you have already ignored to say that you want to ignore their quotes in addition to their posts (it is another checkbox you mark when you ignore a user).

It appears a recent update broke the plugin.