Other MCBB games on TV '18-'19

almaman

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Seminole defense looks less than impressive even considering SEMO is shooting the lights out. If we can just keep them honest from on perimeter and guard their shooters we can win this. 

After SEMO led 47-42 around 15 min mark in 2nd, Florida State has gone on a 36-9 run to turn this into a blow out with 4 min left.

56 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Appalachian State down 44-42 at half at Georgetown. They look like a really good shooting team, they move the ball really well on offense and find the open shot. They are 8-19 from 3 at halftime.

As good as they looked in the first half, they looked equally bad the second half shooting 1-13 from 3. It was a 3 point game under 2 minutes, but they finish games like SLU has this year. 

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Fordham put the hammer down on James Madison tonight.  Fordham will pull an upset or two this year in the A10.

Creighton is playing someone/something called Coe.  Is that a college or a non-profit organization?  Sebastian Coe?

it says College.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Utah State looks like strong chance to end Houston's undated streak on FS1. They're up 13 4 left in first.

Houston came back for the W by 10.  Cougars outscored the Aggies by 20 in the second half.   A very interesting non-call and discussion at 45 seconds.  USU was bringing the ball up when Houston deflected it.  A Cougar dove for the ball and slide, with the ball , on his backside for a good 6 feet before he flipped it to a teammate for a dunk.  Announcers said that was not a travel because he had never established a pivot foot, and he didn't roll over on the floor.  USU coach questioned it, but not very long. 

12 hours ago, almaman said:

it says College.

Apparently the Coe Kohawks are D3.  Why the heck is Creighton playing a D3 team in their OOC?

This note was on the Kohawk website;  ** Game note - The game counted as an exhibition for Coe meaning the result and stats would not count in the final season statistics. **

And this on the Creighton website:  The game and statistics count for Creighton.  Creighton is also proclaiming setting a new Big East Record with 22 three point field goals.  Come on....  Here is their website headlines.

Men's Basketball Drills BIG EAST Record 22 Three-Pointers in 50-Point Win

54 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Apparently the Coe Kohawks are D3.  Why the heck is Creighton playing a D3 team in their OOC?

This note was on the Kohawk website;  ** Game note - The game counted as an exhibition for Coe meaning the result and stats would not count in the final season statistics. **

And this on the Creighton website:  The game and statistics count for Creighton.  Creighton is also proclaiming setting a new Big East Record with 22 three point field goals.  Come on....  Here is their website headlines.

Men's Basketball Drills BIG EAST Record 22 Three-Pointers in 50-Point Win

We have done the same thing - playing a D3 or exhibition game during the season.  Apparently they could not find a fit for the date.  Weak to count the stats though.

5 hours ago, cheeseman said:

We have done the same thing - playing a D3 or exhibition game during the season.  Apparently they could not find a fit for the date.  Weak to count the stats though.

Usually Rockhurst (D-II).

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Last night's win pushed Houston up to 7th in the NCAA NET. Florida State is hanging at 30. 

SLU moved up 3 spots overnight, to 70, due to the various permutations of last nights games.

70 will get us a middle seed in the NIT and maybe a first round home game!

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

70 will get us a middle seed in the NIT and maybe a first round home game!

Very true.  As with the old RPI, likely you will need a mid to upper 40's NET ranking to get an At Large.  Assuming tomorrow's win pulls us up 10 to 15 slots, playing the rest of our A10 schedule against teams 70+ makes the math difficult.  Oregon State did a belly flop at home against Kent State today, so they will be heading north close to a 100 ranking.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

It's going to come down to who wins the tourney. Longshot for the title winner getting a 2nd bid. Unless they go 16-2. The A10 is down.

Call me a homer, but I still think the A10 will get at least 2 in. If the league is as down as we think, that will make it easier for another good(ish) team to win a lot of conference games and go deep in the conference tournament. Not saying it won’t be close, but I still think 3 teams is more likely than 1; but probably 2

1 hour ago, philliken said:

Call me a homer, but I still think the A10 will get at least 2 in. If the league is as down as we think, that will make it easier for another good(ish) team to win a lot of conference games and go deep in the conference tournament. Not saying it won’t be close, but I still think 3 teams is more likely than 1; but probably 2

Agreed. Third time . I’m willing to bet-we get-at least 2 .So far no takers. 

21 minutes ago, willie said:

Agreed. Third time . I’m willing to bet-we get-at least 2 .So far no takers. 

Willie, as i said before, If the conference season winner has a 70 NET ranking or worse and does not win the cinference tourney we will only get the tourney winner in the ncaa tourney.  I will make that bet.  

If have no history reference with the NET rankings go know how the computer will rank teams with this being the first season of NET but it sure would make sense that the regular season champion's ranking will not advance to the better of that mark.   

Why would a team get one of the 68 spots when you consider the committee will be forced to give about 22 automatic spots to teams that win their conference tourney with rankings at 70+ ranks?   Add the top 44 teams from top 10 conferences that leaves very few additional spots to be divided between the teams from 45-70.  

So willie if you want to accept the condition that the A10 champion has a 70 NET, I WILL take that bet.  One team, the conf tourney winner will get our only spot

15 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Willie, as i said before, If the conference season winner has a 70 NET ranking or worse and does not win the cinference tourney we will only get the tourney winner in the ncaa tourney.  I will make that bet.  

If have no history reference with the NET rankings go know how the computer will rank teams with this being the first season of NET but it sure would make sense that the regular season champion's ranking will not advance to the better of that mark.   

Why would a team get one of the 68 spots when you consider the committee will be forced to give about 22 automatic spots to teams that win their conference tourney with rankings at 70+ ranks?   Add the top 44 teams from top 10 conferences that leaves very few additional spots to be divided between the teams from 45-70.  

So willie if you want to accept the condition that the A10 champion has a 70 NET, I WILL take that bet.  One team, the conf tourney winner will get our only spot

Of coarse I won’t accept that. You have to make the bet before the games are played. 

19 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

What a pointless hypothetical. There's no reason to think the A10's conference champion would be ranked lower than two of its teams were ranked this morning.