The Bills over Pitt by 1

The Wiz

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

aka "cheating"

As far as the refs are concerned, I thought they were far worse and more outrageous in the Seton Hall game than in the Pitt game. 

We lost this one, and the refs contributed to the loss heavily, but there were other factors involved as well: Isabell not playing the first half, French's poor FT throws. We could have won this game if French had made a few more FT's or scored with some of the shots he missed. We could have won this game if Goodwin had scored in the second half as he did in the first half, and so on and so forth. When all the factors came together, we lost. A real pity.

What we have to do with this game is to learn from the mistakes and try to plug the issues we ourselves have. We really cannot do much about the refs, and have to assume they will continue to be biased in the rest of our big games.

2010andBeyond likes this

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Old guy said:

As far as the refs are concerned, I thought they were far worse and more outrageous in the Seton Hall game than in the Pitt game. 

We lost this one, and the refs contributed to the loss heavily, but there were other factors involved as well: Isabell not playing the first half, French's poor FT throws. We could have won this game in French had made a few more FT's or scored with some of the shots he missed. We could have won this game if Goodwin had scored in the second half as he did in the first half, and so on and so forth. When all the factors came together, we lost. A real pity.

What we have to do with this game is to learn from the mistakes and try to plug the issues we ourselves have. We really cannot do much about the refs, and have to assume they will continue to be biased in the rest of our big games.

any time there is a difference like there was the first half of the Pitt game, something isnt right.   it would be different if we only shot 3's and never attacked the basket, but the current billikens do indeed attack the basket.  

Sure thing Roy, but tell me that you can change what the ____ refs are likely to do. We have to cone down on the issues we can improve or solve, not on the ____ refs. To make things simple, and I know this is not correct, let's say that the problem with the first half of the game was that Isabell was benched, and go from there.

2 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

Pitt was quicker than us. That led to part of the differential. My biggest problem with the game was leaving French in on our last possession. Foreman and Hankin were both available and would not have been subjected to the hack immediately approach. 

Agreed. I'm still pissed about it. Ford was finally asked (I guess by Stu) if he considered taking him out in those final seconds. He admitted it was considered. We'll see going forward whether that happens the next time in a close game.

10 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Agreed. I'm still pissed about it. Ford was finally asked (I guess by Stu) if he considered taking him out in those final seconds. He admitted it was considered. We'll see going forward whether that happens the next time in a close game.

If it happens again (French stays in the game) then that is truly the definition of insanity.

Billiken Rich likes this

14 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Pitt plays 14 Iowa today. If they win and overcome the 11 point under line it would show they are a sleeper. Would be great if they remained undefeated for us 

Iowa 69 Pitt 68

Pitt has the lead 46 to 40 at half and fell apart only scoring 22 in the second half.

Playing at Iowa and losing by 1 makes me believe they could be a good team but I will wait for ACC play to decide that.