GDT IN JERSEY

Littlebill

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GBL_Bills said:

Even though Nova got embarrassed twice this week, I’d be relatively surprised to see if they drop out of the top 25 completely. 

It will be interesting to watch, won't it.  In my book, any votes they get are votes based on last season's championship.  Based on this year's performance, they are not a top 25 team.  If they get votes and are ahead of Furman, the continual injustice to Mid-majors will continue.

Edit:  I consider Jerry Palm's daily rankings fairly meaningless, but he dropped Villanova, and the Big East, out.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-villanova-loses-second-game-in-a-row-and-falls-out-of-the-updated-top-25-and-1/

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

It will be interesting to watch, won't it.  In my book, any votes they get are votes based on last season's championship.  Based on this year's performance, they are not a top 25 team.  If they get votes and are ahead of Furman, the continual injustice to Mid-majors will continue.

Edit:  I consider Jerry Palm's daily rankings fairly meaningless, but he dropped Villanova, and the Big East, out.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-villanova-loses-second-game-in-a-row-and-falls-out-of-the-updated-top-25-and-1/

Fully agree that they don’t deserve to be there, but I’m betting they’ll end up around 21 or so 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Doesn’t seem all that different than what we do here.

27 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Seton Halls real game thread was a members only affair, a BE attempt to keep their dirty laundry from airing

Probably smart, given what ours reads like.

Edited by Bills71
added comment

Don’t feel like going through the whole thread but did the announcers explain the call where SH got 2 free throws and the ball?  On the replay it looked like French got whacked it the face. Was watching a bar with no sound. Couldn’t believe the call

Just now, Westy03 said:

Don’t feel like going through the whole thread but did the announcers explain the call where SH got 2 free throws and the ball?  On the replay it looked like French got whacked it the face. Was watching a bar with no sound. Couldn’t believe the call

They said French held him or yanked him, so somehow that is a point of emphasis. I do agree the Hall player’s elbow was inadvertent and not a flagrant. It’s ludicrous to call the flagrant on French though. 

3 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

The no sound was a plus judging by few times I turned it up. They were tools. 

2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

I wonder what the world would be like if someone would invent a time machine and then go back in time to kill baby Hitler.

Hitler might be the first one to be killed but you can be certain that thousands of people would eventually be eliminated. For example, if they kill baby Attila, there might be no Hitler and so on and so forth.

13 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

They said French fouled him via the “hook and hold” which is I believe a point of emphasis that it’s a flagrant this year, as I also just saw it called in a game earlier this week. My sound wasn’t the best but I have no idea why there was no foul called against SH when last week the refs went back and saw tramaine ACCIDENTALLY hit a guy with an elbow and gave him a flagrant 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

JohnnyJumpUp marches to his own drum. I am not about to enter a "what if" discussion with him or anyone else, eg. if pigs had wings they would fly or perhaps they would be flightless and just run around in little circles flapping the useless things. I disagree with him and he disagrees with me, he is not necessarily wrong, it is his opinion.

giphy.gif

Watched the game again, and boy to get out of their with a win, playing 5 against 8,  turnovers galore,  was amazing.  

CG had a very good game, and seemed to have more blocks than the three he was credited with.  Looking at the play with about a minute left where he got leveled, it was a borderline cheap shot and should have been called a foul.  It looked like it hurt too.  

The brew-ha-ha after the game I do not think was started by Powell, as some have alluded to, but to my eye watching that over again, I think CG leaned in/down and said something to Powell, who then turns abruptly and responds....Loved to see the Senior Leadership take over and get the young man out of the way....It almost looked like Foreman new something was about to happen, and was watching closely. Hopefully with experience wisdom will come.

Still if this was an A10 game I would be sending the tape of that play to the commissioner.   Not sure Powell has a history of cheap shots, but it certainly looked like this one was. 

14 minutes ago, Basketbill said:

The brew-ha-ha after the game I do not think was started by Powell, as some have alluded to, but to my eye watching that over again, I think CG leaned in/down and said something to Powell, who then turns abruptly and responds....Loved to see the Senior Leadership take over and get the young man out of the way....It almost looked like Foreman new something was about to happen, and was watching closely. Hopefully with experience wisdom will come.

This is my take as well. Gordon leaned in and said something, just not sure if it was to Powell or the guy behind Powell in line. Anyway, Powell reacted, which caused Gordon to react too.