GDT IN JERSEY

Littlebill

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Yea, check the GDT.  There is video.  Powell is a punk and started something with Gordon.  Powell probably mad that Gordon is more NBA-ready than he will ever be. 

Went back and checked, thanks. Powell a complete jerk. Liked that the seniors took control of the situation. Don't need Gordon sitting for Pitt.

55 minutes ago, BillsBeliever said:

Again, I make this assumption with all love to the kid. Truly one of my favorite Billikens other than Jett. I’m sure the young man feels a lot of pressure to put on for the city and such.

I think he struggled this game in particular because he picked up two fouls immediately and sat for awhile.  Tough to get into the flow of the game when that happens.

If we could of handled the ball last night, this would have been a 10 point win.  The 24 TO are well documented (12 by our point guards), but Seton Hall got 16 points off of turnovers.  Cut the 24 to a reasonable number, and the 16 points goes down also. 

The most amazing stat is the rebounds, 40 to 28.  They were the taller team by far, but weren't aggressive at all on the glass.  I think Hall is looking at a lower half finish in the Big East, and I'm not sure the Big East is all that powerful this season. It will be interesting to see if they have any Top 25 teams next poll.  Maybe Butler?

17 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If we could of handled the ball last night, this would have been a 10 point win.  The 24 TO are well documented (12 by our point guards), but Seton Hall got 16 points off of turnovers.  Cut the 24 to a reasonable number, and the 16 points goes down also. 

The most amazing stat is the rebounds, 40 to 28.  They were the taller team by far, but weren't aggressive at all on the glass.  I think Hall is looking at a lower half finish in the Big East, and I'm not sure the Big East is all that powerful this season. It will be interesting to see if they have any Top 25 teams next poll.  Maybe Butler?

Even though Nova got embarrassed twice this week, I’d be relatively surprised to see if they drop out of the top 25 completely. 

20 minutes ago, Old guy said:

If we had not had the atrocious bad calls the refs made we would have won by over 10.

Actually, we will never know what the outcome of the game would have been. If the first atrocious bad call the refs made, was never made, the entire flow of the game would have changed and there is a possibility that we might have actually lost the game, BUT we will never know if those atrocious bad calls would have positively or negatively affected the final score of the game for SLU, if they were never made.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Actually, we will never know what the outcome of the game would have been. If the first atrocious bad call the refs made, was never made, the entire flow of the game would have changed and there is a possibility that we might have actually lost the game, BUT we will never know if those atrocious bad calls would have positively or negatively affected the final score of the game for SLU, if they were never made.

Old Guy?

majerus mojo likes this

-go back to the first minute of the game and it was Powell and CAG involved there too, I don;t like CAG going over to Powell after the block, the postgame line incident will get around and CAG will be targeted and he must be aware of this because we need him in the game, he has so much ability

-turnovers, turnovers, turnovers, wow we win with 24 turnovers on a BEast floor? that;s impressive but must be addressed

-now follow it up with a win against Pitt on Wednesday 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

11 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

Old Guy?

JohnnyJumpUp marches to his own drum. I am not about to enter a "what if" discussion with him or anyone else, eg. if pigs had wings they would fly or perhaps they would be flightless and just run around in little circles flapping the useless things. I disagree with him and he disagrees with me, he is not necessarily wrong, it is his opinion.

2 hours ago, BillsBeliever said:

Anyone think Goodwin is possibly concussed? I’m only assuming this because obviously he got hit in the head for his nose to break. I’m just making an assumption but his feel seems off out there.

I'm hoping Goodwin's funk is similar to what he went through last year at the beginning and he just pushes a button to return to his mid-season form from last year. What I'm afraid is that this losing of 20-25 pounds of weight to make him quicker has materially affected his strength and he's not as comfortable with his shot, driving to the hole and the general physicality of college basketball. He looks different and as of right now, he's playing different.

slufan13 likes this

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

I forgot that Powell was the guy who clocked Gordon at halfcourt. I wonder if Gordon said something when he eventually got up. So Powell follows up a cheap shot by mouthing off at him in line? What a massive d-bag.

Big East was pulling out all the stops in this one. It was the most blatant fix attempt I've seen in a long time, with all those tick tacky calls in the paint. Foreman gets robbed on a "charge call" when Sandros flopped without even having his feet set, and then they go down the other way and get an "and 1" after a blatant charge. Don't even get me started on Gordon getting taken down like an NFL quarterback. We turned the ball over WAY too many times, but the refs certainly played a role in this one. 

The big boy leagues are pulling out all the stops to ensure that the A10 remains irrelevant. 

gobillsgo likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

They were taller, but we were the the stronger team physically. We had two freshmen on the court last night more muscular than upperclassmen on Seton Hall.

HenryB, Brighton and HoosierPal like this

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I wonder what the world would be like if someone would invent a time machine and then go back in time to kill baby Hitler.