• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So that was followed by this:

Which was followed by this in the lineup:

And taken together, it sure looks like Powell's body check on Gordon at halfcourt was in retaliation for him talking smack after blocking his shot. It was a frustrating night for Powell and he couldn't say anything to Bess or Thatch, who ate his lunch, so he went after a guy he already hit with a cheapshot.

Talking a little trash after blocking a dude's shot is just plain old fashioned gamesmanship.

Talking trash in the handshake line is bush league.

Talking trash after taking the L is pathetic.

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Dion was golden tonight. Exactly what we want from him. 

Wiley's problem is he is too slow to guard anyone.  If he had more lateral quickness he'd be playing all the time.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

Wiley's problem is he is too slow to guard anyone.  If he had more lateral quickness he'd be playing all the time.

True, but he's exactly what we need right now. To wit, a guy who can hit an outside shot with consistency. If he can score 12-18 most nights, I'll forgive him his defensive struggles. 

7 minutes ago, gister said:

Isabell scares me.  So many turnovers and drives to the basket where he was trapped and didn't know what to do and ended up throwing the ball away. 

I don't know what the answer is for point guard.

Our offense creates this problem.   Too much standing around by the players without the ball.

7 hours ago, gister said:

Isabell scares me.  So many turnovers and drives to the basket where he was trapped and didn't know what to do and ended up throwing the ball away. 

I don't know what the answer is for point guard.

My buddy kept harping on Isabell too, but come on. Some bad possessions sure, but it was a sloppy game. Generally he works within the offense, and then tries to make something happen if that fails, and I can’t blame him. Was also a victim of touch fouls as much as anyone. At the end of the day he was 4-6 for 13 points, all of which were needed. I don’t think we scored a single FG after he fouled out. He was light years ahead of Goodwin, who was *abysmal*. If Isabell were responsible for some of those Goodwin second half possessions (no passes, drive, turnover) the board would be rioting. 

Granted, I agree that he will eventually cost us a game or two with his attack tendencies (see: that woefully short pull-up 3 point attempt from 23 feet), but overall he’s definitely been a positive who should only get better. 

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

You’ve stated this a half dozen times. We get it. If everyone else on the court is a plus defender, which they usually are sans Isabell (who has carried his weight) it really shouldn’t be an issue. Loved that Ford was making offensive/defensive subs with him and Foreman in the last couple mins.

Wiley is the Jake Barnett who was promised. Actually fun to watch and give him all the attempts at this point.