S Hall over the Bills by 21

The Wiz

I watched SH v NE about 20 min - didn't see any all Americans on either team.  We have the horses to run with them if we can shed the curse on our shooting.  SH has the pressure of being favored by 21 - they may get flustered when it's not so easy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Yowsers...

With the Blues being a major disappointment thus far, and a lifelong boycott of the NFL still intact,  I just have one thing to say: Don't screw this up for me, Bills. I need some success in my winter sports life.

No kidding. The only glimmer of hope (for me and I will duck) is Mizzou FB right now. Bowl-eligible !

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

So an A+ would have Nebraska ranked where? You really think that’s the team they are? I

I think they are a Final 4 team now.....With only 38% of the data in...it is not a final assessment ...It indicates they are trending toward Final 4....Ask me in 3 weeks after 5 more games whether I still hold that view....A key game in that 5 game stretch will be Clemson on 11/26....It will be similar to the SH in terms of difficulty....Clemson is an A- team playing at home. Will Neb make it to F4?...They have the tools...ie #1 defense....Really good defensive teams can go far...Offense can go cold....defense is either there or it's not.  I don't know whether they have enough depth to go all the way. But they have enough to make a good run.

In any case , I think Neb will be one of the surprise teams of 2018-19...a team to watch.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think they are a Final 4 team now.....With only 38% of the data in...it is not a final assessment ...It indicates they are trending toward Final 4....Ask me in 3 weeks after 5 more games whether I still hold that view....A key game in that 5 game stretch will be Clemson on 11/26....It will be similar to the SH in terms of difficulty....Clemson is an A- team playing at home. Will Neb make it to F4?...They have the tools...ie #1 defense....Really good defensive teams can go far...Offense can go cold....defense is either there or it's not.  I don't know whether they have enough depth to go all the way. But they have enough to make a good run.

In any case , I think Neb will be one of the surprise teams of 2018-19...a team to watch.

Final four team like top 4 in the nation or have the ability to surprise in the tournament? B10 is big this year so it can be a big test. Michigan Nebraska as a game to watch is something I’ve never heard before but will be true this year 

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Final four team like top 4 in the nation or have the ability to surprise in the tournament? B10 is big this year so it can be a big test. Michigan Nebraska as a game to watch is something I’ve never heard before but will be true this year 

Like Final 4 in the Big Dance....Nov 26 will be the next big test for the Huskers....After the Minn game on 12/5  we will know if they are for real..

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

So an A+ would have Nebraska ranked where? You really think that’s the team they are? I

I grew up in NE and attended SLU.  I can tell you for a fact this is the best team they’ve had in over 20 years.  Two seniors came back that could’ve gone pro - Copeland and Palmer.  They are studs and their team will be top 2 in the Big Ten this year.

Spoon-Balls likes this

5 hours ago, wgstl said:

Seton Hall could be last years VT.  Going into VT I was terrified as the first two games showed me nothing.    

VT was a great game last year and you are correct, we played poorly going into the VT game....I had made VT a 12 point fav....This time a little bit steeper hill to climb.. Our slash  last year was 47/22/76 ..our 2P was 58%...a key number last year was rebounding ...we out rebounded them 43-31....Give me those same numbers and we can beat SH.

29 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

None got past the 2nd round.

Loyola ....4th in D.....28-5....Final  4 ....

Mich ....6th in D........28-7....Championship game....

The common thread between the 5 teams....superior  D .... 28+ wins...all made the tourney

Bottom line....I would take 28+ wins /yr using excellent D and take my chances in the tourney.....

Even the Bills who had one of the worst offenses of all time last year were able to finish above 500  on the strength of their D....Had they even had a C offense last year they would have been Dancing.

rgbilliken likes this

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Loyola ....4th in D.....28-5....Final  4 ....

Mich ....6th in D........28-7....Championship game....

The common thread between the 5 teams....superior  D .... 28+ wins...all made the tourney

Bottom line....I would take 28+ wins /yr using excellent D and take my chances in the tourney.....

Even the Bills who had one of the worst offenses of all time last year were able to finish above 500  on the strength of their D....Had they even had a C offense last year they would have been Dancing.

Yea, suck it @TheA_Bomb

17 hours ago, Brighton said:

No kidding. The only glimmer of hope (for me and I will duck) is Mizzou FB right now. Bowl-eligible !

This is where we part ways. Don't give a rat's sphincter about Mizzou athletics.

Back to SLU v SH, I really hope this has just been a case to us playing down to our competition but I know it's much more than that. Defend, rebound, make quality shots (sounds easy!), and we're 4-0.

I also hope most bars carry FS2 because I don't get that channel at home.