Chance to nail Pestello with a snowball

dlarry

Man of the people, funny guy Freddy! This whole act has gotten so old, we don’t need a president that likes to play with the students or that they think is “cool.” Get someone in there that can get these kids real good jobs when they graduate and value for high tuition. It’s like a child is tweeting this stuff out. Again, sociology/career academic running a multimillion dollar corporation, not one Fortune 500 company would ever hire this guy, yet he runs SLU and the med school! Think about that! Think about all the people whose lives depend on this guys decision making skills. So weird and awkward imo. He could be a very good, nice person but that isn’t qualifications to be president and when will the obvious be acknowledged, he has no business running an institution like SLU, especially the med school. What am I missing??? But, everything is a funny time down at SLU, nothing wrong, all good! LOL 

BillyKen you are both right and wrong here. The primary time when your college (or grad school) makes a difference is at the time of your first hiring. From there on you are on your own, and what counts is your performance, accomplishments (if any), and promotion history at your place of work. This is what the head hunters and hiring HRs will be looking at, not so  much your alma mater.

All this touchy feely, cool guy Twitter BS is so fictitious.

Now if he just happened to be out and jumped into a snowball fight.   That's fun but this?  So what's the word?  Desperate,  forced,  dumb,  fake,  trying way to hard...

Billy Ken likes this

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

A_Bomb, has the thought crossed your mind that Pestello is just being the way he is (as scary as you may find it) and not putting up any airs or trying to fake anything?  What if this is not an act?

Oh, I see.... Fred Pestello is Old Guy!  It all makes sense now!

19 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

All this touchy feely, cool guy Twitter BS is so fictitious.

Now if he just happened to be out and jumped into a snowball fight.   That's fun but this?  So what's the word?  Desperate,  forced,  dumb,  fake,  trying way to hard...

Contrived.

602E032A-A386-4E5D-A3C3-05924ACC7683.jpeg

TheA_Bomb and Billiken Rich like this

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Oh, I see.... Fred Pestello is Old Guy!  It all makes sense now!

old guy does not = pesty.   

i would consider old guy a good person and hopefully a friend.   i consider pesty.......well pretty worthless after last year.   he has a lot of ground to make up to fix that&*&^ show last year.   and a snowball fight isnt doing it.   maybe he and the BoT should actually apologize to the fandom for the mess they made.   probably need to refund all our season ticket money as well.  

but i promise you all old guy is NOT pesty.

Brighton and TheA_Bomb like this

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

old guy does not = pesty.   

i would consider old guy a good person and hopefully a friend.   i consider pesty.......well pretty worthless after last year.   he has a lot of ground to make up to fix that&*&^ show last year.   and a snowball fight isnt doing it.   maybe he and the BoT should actually apologize to the fandom for the mess they made.   probably need to refund all our season ticket money as well.  

but i promise you all old guy is NOT pesty.

I'm not surprised that Old Guy didn't recognize that it was a joke, but I'm a bit surprised that you didn't, Roy.

And every joke shouldn't need some special formatting to announce it for most people, with a reasonable amount of astuteness, to recognize that it was a joke.

But I guess equating him with "Pesty" — even in jest — triggered you.

He’s taking cues from Obama. Be the cool guy in charge and they won’t see that you’ve run the place into the ground and love you because you’re the cool dad they wish they had. 

Dui Beto the billionaire convinced a large part of Texas to vote for him because he rode a skateboard and played guitar. That’s honestly how politics work and you’re wrong if thinking President of a university isn’t a political game 

10 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

Man of the people, funny guy Freddy! This whole act has gotten so old, we don’t need a president that likes to play with the students or that they think is “cool.” Get someone in there that can get these kids real good jobs when they graduate and value for high tuition. It’s like a child is tweeting this stuff out. Again, sociology/career academic running a multimillion dollar corporation, not one Fortune 500 company would ever hire this guy, yet he runs SLU and the med school! Think about that! Think about all the people whose lives depend on this guys decision making skills. So weird and awkward imo. He could be a very good, nice person but that isn’t qualifications to be president and when will the obvious be acknowledged, he has no business running an institution like SLU, especially the med school. What am I missing??? But, everything is a funny time down at SLU, nothing wrong, all good! LOL 

Spot on with your comments.......

Billy Ken likes this

I saw snowball fight video on Facebook. He wasn’t filmed once throwing a snowball. Tells me all I need to know. I honestly do not understand how people can defend this person running a multimillion dollar organization like SLU with a straight face. What am I missing? I really don’t get it. 

Glorydays2013 likes this

4 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

He’s taking cues from Obama. Be the cool guy in charge and they won’t see that you’ve run the place into the ground and love you because you’re the cool dad they wish they had. 

Dui Beto the billionaire convinced a large part of Texas to vote for him because he rode a skateboard and played guitar. That’s honestly how politics work and you’re wrong if thinking President of a university isn’t a political game 

Good to see the U High's finest representing.