WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

jalen-rose-owned-by-nick-van-excel-towel

Gibson is going to be playing against some insane competition with Montverde this year. If he continues to put up numbers like that he will be on everyone's radar. Thank God Ford was on him early and got him locked in... 

Is that dude with the microphone “NextYearBill?”

NextYearBill likes this

9 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Gibson is going to be playing against some insane competition with Montverde this year. If he continues to put up numbers like that he will be on everyone's radar. Thank God Ford was on him early and got him locked in... 

I think this should be the official "towel me" gif.  Great find.  

9 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

We must be careful Poach Martin will be paying attention too he has flipping signed recruits down to a science.

The J Tilmon flip has worked out so well for him.

So Jimerson has had a nice week:

• He signed on 11/14, the opening day of the period
  • Corey Evans posted his blurb (shared earlier in this thread) about him being "arguably a top five shooter in America"
  • Andrew Slater caled him a Day 2 standout at the National Prep Showcase
  • Zach Smart called his shooting "noteworthy"
  • He dropped 45 points on 9 made 3-pointers last night

Keep it rolling!

Hargrove's season with East St. Louis kicks off tonight in Abe's Roundball Classic against Orr (Chicago) at 7:30. It's an 8-team tournament with 3 guaranteed games. Depending on the result, they'll play the winner/loser of North Chicago and Springfield Lanphier on Friday. Championship is on Saturday. Other teams are Curie, Cardinal Ritter, Peoria Manual, and Chicago Brooks. Games are at Lincoln Land CC in Springfield.

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Hargrove's season with East St. Louis kicks off tonight in Abe's Roundball Classic against Orr (Chicago) at 7:30. It's an 8-team tournament with 3 guaranteed games. Depending on the result, they'll play the winner/loser of North Chicago and Springfield Lanphier on Friday. Championship is on Saturday. Other teams are Curie, Cardinal Ritter, Peoria Manual, and Chicago Brooks. Games are at Lincoln Land CC in Springfield.

im not sure hargrove has much help on his flyers team this year.   i.e. he will definitely have a target on his back each and every game.   

Just now, billiken_roy said:

im not sure hargrove has much help on his flyers team this year.   i.e. he will definitely have a target on his back each and every game.   

They also have a brutal schedule:

Belleville West (and Liddell) twice, of course, along with at least 2 quality opponents in this week's tournament, Springfield Parkview (Tyem Freeman), Warren Central (defending IN 4A state champs, went 32-0 last season, ranked #1 in the state preseason), Bloomington (Chris Payton), Vashon (good luck), Collinsville Tournament, Salem Tournament, TC Howe from Indy, Detroit Henry Ford.

We'll know a lot more about Hargrove after a season like this. He's being put through a gauntlet.

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I think Gibson could end up being the guy that everyone loves in the NCAA tournament and everyone’s like how did he end up at SLU. And then they will recognize that T Ford and SLU the GOAT 

He's definitely starting to get the kind of buzz that accompanies a lightly recruited late bloomer who by spring of his final year has power conference coaches wondering how they missed him. I'm so glad he's signed already. Had he waited, who knows.

Granted, quite a few power conference teams had been showing interest for a couple seasons. And he still has to build out his game. But still, that kind of shooting guarantees you a place in the college game.

56 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Belleville West (and Liddell) twice, of course, along with at least 2 quality opponents in this week's tournament, Springfield Parkview (Tyem Freeman), Warren Central (defending IN 4A state champs, went 32-0 last season, ranked #1 in the state preseason), Bloomington (Chris Payton), Vashon (good luck), Collinsville Tournament, Salem Tournament, TC Howe from Indy, Detroit Henry Ford.

We'll know a lot more about Hargrove after a season like this. He's being put through a gauntlet.

west has more talent then last year (6'6" transfer from CBC and only lost their 5th starter from last year's state championship roster).   the talk in belleville is that liddell and randolph will play soft to avoid injury.   randolph is the 6'5" big that has 20+ D1 football scholarship offers Defensive lineman.

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

he had offers from Cincinnati and KState

https://247sports.com/player/gibson-jimerson-46041219/

I was talking to Old Guy about the Mick.

I lover Jimerson no mater the star rating and who was recruiting him and I do not think the Mick is as good, we will see.

I can see Jimerson coming off the bench just like Wiley and nailing 3's.

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

That 12/15 game here in Webster Groves, let's MBM pow wow there and see the kids play!

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

He's definitely starting to get the kind of buzz that accompanies a lightly recruited late bloomer who by spring of his final year has power conference coaches wondering how they missed him. I'm so glad he's signed already. Had he waited, who knows.

Remember when we were saying that about Mike Crawford? 

2 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Remember when we were saying that about Mike Crawford? 

I really don't remember Mike Crawford getting this kinda buzz, in fact, he seemed pretty lightly recruited on the national scene. Perhaps others have a different recollection.