Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

Great night for our local guys! Full lines:

Collins: 24 points (9-16, 2-7, 4-4), 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 turnovers, 1 steal, 2 fouls.

Hargrove: 24 points (7-17, 2-7, 8-12), 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 5 blocks, 1 foul.

ESL led most of the game, then Vashon went on a 10-0 run and finished the third quarter up by 2. Then Hargrove hit back-to-back three pointers (he was 0-5 from 3 before that) and Richard Robinson hit a 3 and had a put-back dunk to seal it for ESL, 64-58. Hargrove was 1-5 from the FT line in the first half and 7-7 in the second. Our dude is clutch. Write-up here. Does anyone have video of Hargrove's block on that Fletcher dunk?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be interesting next year to see who inherits bess's spot between hargrove and perkins.   if we dont score the credible big,, might be the time to go 4 out and start and play them both. 

Speaking of Perkins, he continues to play well in the 3 games SWIC has played since winter break, in wins over SEIC and Link Prep, and a loss to John A. Logan. He's scored 78 points on 32-54 shooting (3-6 from 3 and 11-17 FT), for an average of 26 PPG. He's now averaging 25.1 PPG on the season, 7th in the nation, with 8.4 rebounds, 1.6 assists and a slashline of .570/.390/.771. He's not at that 1.8 no-doubter shooting slashline, but at 1.731, he's not far off and would by far be our most efficient scorer this season. Even though his volume will be different here, his scoring ability is more than welcome.

And Roy, given what the lack of a center seems to be doing for French, I don't mind going 4-out at all and giving him room to operate. That's a look I'd definitely like to see more of the rest of this season and next.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Speaking of Perkins, he continues to play well in the 3 games SWIC has played since winter break, in wins over SEIC and Link Prep, and a loss to John A. Logan. He's scored 78 points on 32-54 shooting (3-6 from 3 and 11-17 FT), for an average of 26 PPG. He's now averaging 25.1 PPG on the season, 7th in the nation, with 8.4 rebounds, 1.6 assists and a slashline of .570/.390/.771. He's not at that 1.8 no-doubter shooting slashline, but at 1.731, he's not far off and would by far be our most efficient scorer this season. Even though his volume will be different here, his scoring ability is more than welcome.

And Roy, given what the lack of a center seems to be doing for French, I don't mind going 4-out at all and giving him room to operate. That's a look I'd definitely like to see more of the rest of this season and next.

no doubt french is now playing his best.    villanova won the national championship playing four guards.   so it can be successful.   especially since we would have killer rebounding guards.  

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

no doubt french is now playing his best.    villanova won the national championship playing four guards.   so it can be successful.   especially since we would have killer rebounding guards.  

I don't disagree with you or @Pistol, but we need some other big men even if we play primarily 4 guards (and I don't interpret you or Pistol saying any differently). I love French, but he and Hankton can't be the extent of our interior presence next year.

14 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I don't disagree with you or @Pistol, but we need some other big men even if we play primarily 4 guards (and I don't interpret you or Pistol saying any differently). I love French, but he and Hankton can't be the extent of our interior presence next year.

Oh, I'd still be prioritizing a post and a stretch-4 with our remaining scholarships, no question. I just don't necessarily have the same urgency around finding at least one big who will play 30-ish MPG. I don't mind going for younger bigs with higher ceilings.

billiken_roy and Zink like this

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Oh, I'd still be prioritizing a post and a stretch-4 with our remaining scholarships, no question. I just don't necessarily have the same urgency around finding at least one big who will play 30-ish MPG. I don't mind going for younger bigs with higher ceilings.

exactly.   if we get a high quality big or two fine.   all the better.  but if we bring in the second coming of gillmann or neufeld, they can sit while perkins and hargrove handle the spot.    you all might think that a stiff would not happen, the problem is that the pickings will be slim for the spring recruiting likely.   i would even prefer to rough it a year and find the talent next summer as to bring brett jolley 2.0 in.  

Spoon-Balls and slufanskip like this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Collins: 24 points (9-16, 2-7, 4-4), 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 turnovers, 1 steal, 2 fouls.

Hargrove: 24 points (7-17, 2-7, 8-12), 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 5 blocks, 1 foul.

ESL led most of the game, then Vashon went on a 10-0 run and finished the third quarter up by 2. Then Hargrove hit back-to-back three pointers (he was 0-5 from 3 before that) and Richard Robinson hit a 3 and had a put-back dunk to seal it for ESL, 64-58. Hargrove was 1-5 from the FT line in the first half and 7-7 in the second. Our dude is clutch. Write-up here. Does anyone have video of Hargrove's block on that Fletcher dunk?

I can't find video of it, but here are some links to incredible pictures of it.

https://www.jjsphotographyplus.com/p65017530/h814dc8ef#h814dc8ef

https://www.jjsphotographyplus.com/p65017530/h814dca23#h814dca23

https://www.jjsphotographyplus.com/p65017530/h814dcc04#h814dcc04

https://www.jjsphotographyplus.com/p65017530/h814dcf6d#h814dcf6d

40 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That third photo. Jesus. Can anyone embed the photos? 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Wowwwwww. Those are amazing.

That's an unbelievable block.

After last years game at Vashon...Hargrove was MOTIVATED.  He didn't come out the game.  Played with a high motor and set the tone from the beginning of the game.  ESL's coach put him in great scoring opportunities and he came thru...big time.

Pistol and Zink like this

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

If you pause it at 0:07, a towel will be needed.

22 hours ago, brianstl said:

Pictures 2 and 3 his head is pretty darn close to rim height. That would give him close to if not a 40" verticle

brianstl likes this