Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

39 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

This could go in both this and the 2019 recruiting thread, but Perkins is listed here as the #6 Juco recruit in the country. 

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-juco-basketball-top-100-rankings

Great find although stumped that Alonzo Verge is ranked 15...a huge JUCO offensive stat leader in points and FT %

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Noice.  

Now, how do we get Khadim Sy (#4 on the list)?

30 minutes ago, slusam said:

Sy has left Virginia Techs team twice. Dont know what is up with him

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Most of the 6'9" + guys have been plucked. Wonder if we're after the # 4 player- Sy? 

Sy appears to have a complicated relationship with Virginia Tech. From what I understand, he went to VT for his freshman season (2016-2017), transferred to a juco after that season, decided he left VT too soon and returned at the semester break last year, redshirted for that semester to retain eligibility, and then left VT again this past summer and went to a juco (Daytona State College, FL).

Since returning to juco, he has gotten offers from Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn, Texas Tech, and East Carolina, all in October. So it appears that his recruitment is open and that he will not be returning to VT.

While we're on that list, Wilfried Likayi is pretty intriguing. 6-10 forward averaging 17 and 6, shooting 43.2% from 3. Looks like he's back from an injury that kept him out most of December. Said before this season that Texas Tech and Oklahoma were his favorites but not much going on recruiting-wise since then.

Here were the preseason teams heading into this juco season, which gives some more insight as to who some of the top prospects are/were.

We were recruiting David Sloan a few years back when he was in HS. Alonzo Verge, of course. We offered Chris Duarte but lost out to Oregon.

Anyway, not a ton of juco bigs out there this season.

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Who better than our staff knows how to deal with headcases? But I do get your reservations. To be a HC today it's 50% hoops 50% psychiatrist. 

VeniceMenace likes this

After a long winter break, GJ is back in action:

And unfortunately it looks like our local signees will not be in action tonight. Vashon-ESL has already been rescheduled for Monday, and it doesn't look like St. Mary's will head to Indiana for that road game.

But there is this, which I forgot to share a few days ago:

Side note: If St. Mary's sells that Southside Jordan shirt in their bookstore, I've gotta get one of those.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

After a long winter break, GJ is back in action:

And unfortunately it looks like our local signees will not be in action tonight. Vashon-ESL has already been rescheduled for Monday, and it doesn't look like St. Mary's will head to Indiana for that road game.

But there is this, which I forgot to share a few days ago:

Side note: If St. Mary's sells that Southside Jordan shirt in their bookstore, I've gotta get one of those.

Those shirts are pretty awesome.

I didn’t attend St. Mary’s but I grew up and still live in South City.

If you find out the my sell them out it on the board. I’d definitely go get one.

31 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Those shirts are pretty awesome.

I didn’t attend St. Mary’s but I grew up and still live in South City.

If you find out the my sell them out it on the board. I’d definitely go get one.

https://sideline.bsnsports.com/schools/missouri/st.louis/st-marys-high-school

They have some pretty cool gear actually, but not that shirt.  I bet if you emailed, they'd consider adding it to their store.  Once the design is created and paid for, it's a heck of a lot easier and cheaper to order more.

26 minutes ago, philliken said:

https://sideline.bsnsports.com/schools/missouri/st.louis/st-marys-high-school

They have some pretty cool gear actually, but not that shirt.  I bet if you emailed, they'd consider adding it to their store.  Once the design is created and paid for, it's a heck of a lot easier and cheaper to order more.

They are really missing out on some revenue by not having the Southside and Southside Catholic stuff online.

Agreed. I didn't go there but am from South City and think they look great. Plus, I went to a Marianist HS and my brother-in-law went there, so I guess I have some second-hand connections to it.