Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-good news, stay healthy, I looked at MSHSAA's site in an attempt to find practice minimums for bball but could not find anything, anyone know if there is such a thing? there is for football

I know that there is for water polo.  So, there must be for basketball.  I think its something like 7 or 10 practices.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's probably been participating in practice, just not cleared for non-contact stuff. I don't know this for a fact. But I do know that he has been doing workouts outside of St. Mary's-related activities. So my guess is that when he's ready to play in a game, he'll go.

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-good news, stay healthy, I looked at MSHSAA's site in an attempt to find practice minimums for bball but could not find anything, anyone know if there is such a thing? there is for football

I know at our HS it is 14, but not sure who counts or what counts. 

19 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:
Steve Keller

At Hoop Group NJ Tip Off at Elizabeth Dunn Center & after 3 Montverde CBD leads Blair 52-46. St Louis bound Gibson Jimerson is playing best I have ever seen him with 17 in third quarter alone. Needless to say he is burying ever single jumper.

bell_ringer.gif

Belleville West beat East St. Louis tonight at ESL, 54-50. They held Hargrove to 12 points.

ESL plays Hillcrest (Missouri State commit Tyem Freeman) tomorrow at Webster Groves, and Belleville West will play CBC in the finale there tomorrow night.

#earltimeupdate

#goseethekidsplay

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Belleville West beat East St. Louis tonight at ESL, 54-50. They held Hargrove to 12 points.

ESL plays Hillcrest (Missouri State commit Tyem Freeman) tomorrow at Webster Groves, and Belleville West will play CBC in the finale there tomorrow night.

#earltimeupdate

#goseethekidsplay

I'ma try to make it.  Those shootouts are usually pretty good

18 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I know at our HS it is 14, but not sure who counts or what counts. 

9 hours ago, Pistol said:

#earltimeupdate

#goseethekidsplay

West is big and they’re deep. Anyone know how many rebounds Hargrove snagged?

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

#earltimeupdate

#goseethekidsplay

ESL plays Parkview, not Hillcrest. Tyem Freeman transferred to Parkview a few years ago. It’s a shame we didn’t go after him.

Pistol likes this

ESL was all over Springfield Parkview from the start, leading 19-4 after the first quarter and winning 61-43. Hargrove had 8 in the first quarter and finished with 14.

If anyone wants the 8-minute highlight vid, here you go:

To save you some time, Hargrove's highlights (he's got some other appearances but these are the main ones):

2:10 - block converted into a dunk at the other end

2:20 - layup

2:45 - steal and reverse dunk (dude can get up)

3:05 - floater to beat the buzzer

4:55 and 5:10 - jumpers

Zink likes this

15 hours ago, Pistol said:

St. Mary's lost at home to Father Tolton, 69-46.

Every time I hear about that school, I think of this line by Hochman from a 2015 column on Michael Porter Jr.

Alas, he’s 17 and entering his junior year at Columbia’s Father Tolton Regional Catholic High School, which exists. 

Pistol likes this

Another source names Jimerson one of the standouts of the Hoop Group Tip-Off:

Gibson Jimerson (Saint Louis) / ’19 Montverde Academy CBD

One of the better shooters of the weekend, Jimerson had a stronger outing in Montverde’s first game on Friday but showed off his deadly shooting off the dribble and the catch with a solid 6’5 frame.

Nice tweet a few days ago by the program, but here are his updated averages through 12 games:

Points: 24.9, rebounds: 8.6, assists: 1.8, steals: 1.1, slashline: .563/.377/.793.

He gets to the FT line a good amount and is 14th in the country in free throws made. He's 7th nationally in scoring average. SWIC is now 9-3 with a 6-game winning streak, and it looks like they're on winter break until 1/3.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Hargrove will be busy the rest of this week, with games tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday:

If you're in Indy or can get to Edwardsville, #goseethekidsplay.

The two games in Indy will be interesting.  I don't know much about Howe, but they typically aren't very good.  Warren Central is the top ranked team in the state and won last year's state 4A title.  They are currently 4-0, but have a 36 game win streak going.  (Yes, they had played only 4 games through Dec 14.)  On Friday they destroyed a very good Ben Davis team (6-1).  They are still without two of their top players who are still engaged with All-Star football games.  If have no idea if they will play on the 22nd.  I wish I was back in Indy to watch, but alas can't make it.