Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I agree with this. My issue would be more with Sloan's lack of offers considering how well-known a talent he is. Something isn't right there.

Or we just not hearing about Sloan's offers or is VA Tech the only offer he has? It seems a lot of times the JUCO offers get lost in the shuffle of recruiting reporting. I think the only school that was reported as offering Verge when he committed to ASU was UCF.  I am sure we had an offer out to Verge.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

No but see he’s averaging, as a JUCO Frosh, 12 points, 7 rebs, 60 percent shooter and, ugh, 60 percent free throws...are we for sure recruiting him?

Those are last seasons stats. He is averaging 16.7, 60% fg, and 72% from the line this season. Not sure if we are recruiting him.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Those are last seasons stats. He is averaging 16.7, 60% fg, and 72% from the line this season. Not sure if we are recruiting him.

I was just watching some highlights earlier and the guy reminded me of Donnie Dobbs minus any 3 point ability. 

On 1/23/2019 at 11:41 AM, cheeseman said:

Saw an article recently that pointed out that TN who is #1 right now does not have a top 100 recruit on their roster.

They are a roster of 3 Stars who have bought into Rick Barnes hard work pays off. They are a fun team to root for and watch. Mrs. Schasz is a VFL. We went to the FL-UT game. Chaifetz is a palace next to the dump FL calls home. Go Vols! Love to see them cut the nets down in April.

20 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Comparison:

Creighton's soccer complex blows away Hermann Field

Creighton baseball plays in a beautiful, baseball only stadium which hosts the College World Series every year  -- I have personally been there twice

Creighton's basketball teams (I am told) play in a facility comparable to Chaifetz

Creighton basketball has been a consistent, perennial winning program for years compared to SLU having some very high moments (higher than Creighton) as well as some very, very low moments (lower than Creighton) over the past 20 and/or 40 years

Nobody shows up for baseball games. Its cool yes, but not needed. CHI Health center is almost 2x larger. Seats 19000.

14 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Anyone know what's up with Javonte Perkins? 

He wasn't listed anywhere in his team's box score from Saturday vs. Wabash Valley...

I'm guessing he's injured. He played limited minutes the prior game (Lake Land), so I bet he got hurt in that one. Of course, it's juco so there is nothing on Twitter, there's no write-up I can find for the Wabash Valley game, and the Lake Land game article doesn't mention him.

East St. Louis beat Henry Ford 61-52 at the Hardcourt Challenge at Edison HS in Detroit this weekend. Hargrove was named to the event's second team. Haven't found a box score yet. ESL is on an 8-game winning streak, now 19-5 on the season. They host Edwardsville on Friday.

St. Mary's beat Hazelwood East 72-50 on Monday. Collins had 22 points on 8-11 shooting (1-3 3FG, 5-5 FT), along with 2 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 5 turnovers. His TOs are high this season, but like it's been pointed out, he's playing with a much younger, less experienced supporting cast this season. They play at Tolton Friday.

I'll see if Perkins plays tonight for SWIC at Shawnee. I'm still assuming he's been out the past game and a half due to injury but still can't confirm any details.

Here's what Jimerson is up to this week (CBD National):

They got the win over 4ASport last night, 102-94. No box score that I can find.

CBFan likes this

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

East St. Louis beat Henry Ford 61-52 at the Hardcourt Challenge at Edison HS in Detroit this weekend. Hargrove was named to the event's second team. Haven't found a box score yet. ESL is on an 8-game winning streak, now 19-5 on the season. They host Edwardsville on Friday.

St. Mary's beat Hazelwood East 72-50 on Monday. Collins had 22 points on 8-11 shooting (1-3 3FG, 5-5 FT), along with 2 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 5 turnovers. His TOs are high this season, but like it's been pointed out, he's playing with a much younger, less experienced supporting cast this season. They play at Tolton Friday.

I'll see if Perkins plays tonight for SWIC at Shawnee. I'm still assuming he's been out the past game and a half due to injury but still can't confirm any details.

Here's what Jimerson is up to this week (CBD National):

They got the win over 4ASport last night, 102-94. No box score that I can find.

The stats you have posted reads to me that Collins is scoring a lot.

I really hope he will be good enough next season to run the point and score enough to make teams defend more than the pass.

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri excels at penetrating and finishing at the rim. At the next level, he won't be as effective at finishing but that dribble penetration will come in handy. When the help defender comes, he consistently finds the open man.

So if Yuri gets time at the PG, and if give good minutes to Jimmerson and Perkins, what role does Goodwin play? (some PG and some 2 guard?) Thatch? (backup 2 guard and some 3?)  

Hargrove and Hankton fight for time at the 4?  French the 5 - despite being 6'7" bc he can play with his back to basket?   Hopefully, this will change as Coach Ford will have 5 to 6 more spots to fill - and hopefully get 2 bigs.

10 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

So if Yuri gets time at the PG, and if give good minutes to Jimmerson and Perkins, what role does Goodwin play? (some PG and some 2 guard?) Thatch? (backup 2 guard and some 3?)  

Hargrove and Hankton fight for time at the 4?  French the 5 - despite being 6'7" bc he can play with his back to basket?   Hopefully, this will change as Coach Ford will have 5 to 6 more spots to fill - and hopefully get 2 bigs.

Some viable combinations:

Yuri

Jimerson

Goodwin

Perkins

French

Yuri

Thatch

Perkins

Hankton

French

Goodwin

Jimerson

Perkins

Hargrove

French

Good point guards tend to go off against Chaminade. That has been a position of weakness for an otherwise strong program for quite some time now, even during (and before) the Tatum era. If they were going to lose to another good PG, I guess I'm glad it's Collins. His full line: 34 points (10-18, 3-4, 11-15), 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 6 steals, 3 turnovers.

Did Luke Kasubke get hurt or something? Box score shows 2 points for him, and he came in averaging over 23 PPG. I can't find any confirmation.

Meanwhile, Hargrove and ESL are now 21-5 after a 10-game winning streak. They handled Edwardsville 72-36 on Friday and won at SLUH last night, 49-33. Getting it done on defense. Hargrove's lines:

Edwardsville: 9 points (4-6, 0-1, 1-2), 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks.

@SLUH: 17 points (5-16, 0-5, 7-11), 9 rebounds, 4 blocks.

The 10-game streak will be tested at Belleville West this weekend, but E.J. Liddell was unable to play last night because of an ankle injury he suffered against Simeon and BW lost to Collinsville by 2. From the Post: "Liddell sat on the bench with his left foot in a boot after suffering an injury against Simeon on Saturday. His status is day-to-day. He'll be evaluated prior to Friday's home game with East St. Louis to determine if he'll play. It's the first game Liddell missed in his high school career."