Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

6 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Watched the whole thing ...Perkins credited with 15 pts, 8 rebs & highest plus/minus of anyone, not bad...nice jump shot, tends to sneak in on some opportunities near the basket...more of an outside game though. Like the versatility.

Perkins is a decent athlete, a little bit of a quirky shot but looked comfortable knocking down some mid-range jumpers. Attempted some drives but didn't show the explosiveness to turn the corner and create his own shot. If coming from high school, he'd be a three star recruit. My guess is he'll be an 8-10 ppg scorer playing 20 mins. a game, plus or minus a few. A solid pick-up but as the all-time scorer at SWIC, I was hoping for a little more.

I wasn't familiar with Oregon signee Chris Duarte, but it's obvious why he's the NJCAA POY. Scored 26 on 10-13 shooting, 4-5 from the arc, and was toying with the competition. He'll be a big-time player for the Ducks.

As an aside, and this is completely unimportant, but I spent my first two years of college at an NJCAA school so I especially enjoyed watching this.`

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Perkins is a decent athlete, a little bit of a quirky shot but looked comfortable knocking down some mid-range jumpers. Attempted some drives but didn't show the explosiveness to turn the corner and create his own shot. If coming from high school, he'd be a three star recruit. My guess is he'll be an 8-10 ppg scorer playing 20 mins. a game, plus or minus a few. A solid pick-up but as the all-time scorer at SWIC, I was hoping for a little more.

I wasn't familiar with Oregon signee Chris Duarte, but it's obvious why he's the NJCAA POY. Scored 26 on 10-13 shooting, 4-5 from the arc, and was toying with the competition. He'll be a big-time player for the Ducks.

As an aside, and this is completely unimportant, but I spent my first two years of college at an NJCAA school so I especially enjoyed watching this.`

You're projecting 8-10 ppg based on one all-star game? Okay.

On 5/25/2019 at 2:10 PM, VeniceMenace said:

Hargrove missed at 6-8, a high jump height two others cleared. No state title in this sport but a great year.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, RiseAndGrind said:

Ended up 3rd in his first year ever doing high jump. Pretty good.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, almaman said:

6'6"?

Official results - Hargrove finished third at 6-7. First place was 6-9 (by a freshman - keep an eye on that kid) and second was 6-8. He could've tied or won on a better day but it's a great showing for a newbie and he helped East St. Louis to a 2A state title. Granted, the 7 points he tacked on weren't a difference maker for a team that doubled up the second place finisher - 84 team points for the win, 42 for second - but it's a nice benefit to get some points from the field events when most of ESL's domination happened on the track.

Hargrove is now a state champ in two different sports in the span of under three months.