Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

17 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

One has to assume there is no news from the NCAA on Lewis' request for immediate eligibility. 

And in class already.....hmm, chance of graduating after summer session and being an eligible GT?

Yes, I can confirm that Lewis is enrolled, class has begun; and I think the NCAA stuff/ transfer credit situation etc. still being worked out.

Does anyone happen to know if SLU has shown any interest in Jayce Catchings out at Liberty, by the way??  He's beginning to grow into his adult body, is lifting, and I think was 2nd in MO in scoring last year as a junior...  His older brother Kale plays at Harvard.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Yes, I can confirm that Lewis is enrolled, class has begun; and I think the NCAA stuff/ transfer credit situation etc. still being worked out.

Does anyone happen to know if SLU has shown any interest in Jayce Catchings out at Liberty, by the way??  He's beginning to grow into his adult body, is lifting, and I think was 2nd in MO in scoring last year as a junior...  His older brother Kale plays at Harvard.

I haven't been able to confirm interest from SLU in Catchings, but he's on my radar.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Played at Midwestern State in Wichita Falls, TX after the Dukes.

im sure it happens more than I/we think but kinda odd he averaged almost 9 ppg at the D1 level and then transferred to D2

Saw the video was 14 minutes long and told myself there wasn't a chance I watch the entire thing. I've now watched the entire video 3 times.

A lot of basketball talent on that court (Burroughs?). Did I  also see Liddell for a split second or am I making that up?

Small sample size but Yuri's stroke from long distance looks nice. The chemistry between him and Hargrove is going to be exciting to watch for the next 3-4 years. 

liddell was playing near the end with the navy t shirt with the yellow nike swoosh on it.   did i see jacobs in the game?   

who was the guard with blue shorts on the team opposite of yuri?   he was the dominate player.  

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

liddell was playing near the end with the navy t shirt with the yellow nike swoosh on it.   did i see jacobs in the game?   

who was the guard with blue shorts on the team opposite of yuri?   he was the dominate player.  

That's Jordan Stevens, mentioned on the previous page. That's what Dave Fergerson used to look like in summer open gym after he graduated. He'd come back and torch the current players. Stop and pop from anywhere.

Liddell was there, didn't play much in this video.

Jordan Nesbitt reclassified to 2021 and is at STL Christian; was originally a 2020 recruit from Lutheran North. SLU is recruiting him but hasn't offered yet.

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

there was a guy standing on the sidelines that sorta looked like jacobs. 

17 hours ago, wgstl said:

any clue as to when Perkins and jimerson will be on campus?  I know Lewis is here, and Bell will be here in 16 days,.

Not sure yet. Perkins played in the NJCAA all-star game in Las Vegas this past weekend. He was a starter for the D-I team and Chris Duarte, former SLU recruit, won the MVP but no box score has been published yet.

Jimerson was at Busch Gardens in Tampa yesterday.

I'm guessing they'll both be at SLU pretty soon.

Hargrove will be competing in the high jump in the IL state meet starting today. He has won previous meets, including sectionals, with 6-8 each time. He has cleared 7 feet in practice. He's been doing this event for just a couple months. To put his ability in perspective:

-His current jump of 6-8 would be an all-time SLU track and field record, indoor or outdoor. Granted, it's not a long and storied history, but still.

-That same jump would put him in the top 5 at the A10 championship meet pretty much every year. It wouldn't win most years but would be good for second in quite a few.

-The A10 indoor record is a freakish 7-6.5, set indoors by a George Mason high jumper named Tony Barton in 1990. This technically didn't occur while they were in the A10, but I guess the records carry over to the new conference? Seems cheap. Anyway, he missed the 1992 Olympics; that jump was his all-time personal record. He competed internationally quite a bit and was the top US jumper for a while.

-The A10 Championship outdoor record is 7-0.25 and the indoor record is 7-1.75. The former is the only time 7 feet has been cleared outdoors at the A10 championship meet.

-The IL record is 7-3.5, and the all-time HS record is 7-6.

-IL Class 3A is usually won with a jump of about 6-10, give or take. With his current jump, he will likely be a top 3 jumper at state but would need another couple inches to win (most years).

tl;dr - Terrence Hargrove has a legit shot to win the high jump at state this weekend, and with just a couple months of practice ever would be the all-time best high jumper at SLU. It's amazing to think what he could be doing had he been training in this event for a longer period of time.

billikenbill likes this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Hargrove will be competing in the high jump in the IL state meet starting today. He has won previous meets, including sectionals, with 6-8 each time. He has cleared 7 feet in practice. He's been doing this event for just a couple months. To put his ability in perspective:

-His current jump of 6-8 would be an all-time SLU track and field record, indoor or outdoor. Granted, it's not a long and storied history, but still.

-That same jump would put him in the top 5 at the A10 championship meet pretty much every year. It wouldn't win most years but would be good for second in quite a few.

-The A10 indoor record is a freakish 7-6.5, set indoors by a George Mason high jumper named Tony Barton in 1990. This technically didn't occur while they were in the A10, but I guess the records carry over to the new conference? Seems cheap. Anyway, he missed the 1992 Olympics; that jump was his all-time personal record. He competed internationally quite a bit and was the top US jumper for a while.

-The A10 Championship outdoor record is 7-0.25 and the indoor record is 7-1.75. The former is the only time 7 feet has been cleared outdoors at the A10 championship meet.

-IL Class 3A is usually won with a jump of about 6-10, give or take. With his current jump, he will likely be a top 3 jumper at state but would need another couple inches to win (most years).

tl;dr - Terrence Hargrove has a legit shot to win the high jump at state this weekend, and with just a couple months of practice ever would be the all-time best high jumper at SLU. It's amazing to think what he could be doing had he been training in this event for a longer period of time.

These are the results from the last IAAF U19 World Championship in 2017.  

https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-u18-championships/iaaf-world-u18-championships-nairobi-2017-5838/results/men/high-jump/final/result

14 hours ago, Pistol said:

Not sure yet. Perkins played in the NJCAA all-star game in Las Vegas this past weekend. He was a starter for the D-I team and Chris Duarte, former SLU recruit, won the MVP but no box score has been published yet.

Perkins will be there Jun 9

SLU_Lax and Pistol like this

On 5/23/2019 at 8:51 AM, Pistol said:

This one time I was at Francis Park and it has a small creek in it.

The creek is about a foot and a half wide and I went to jump over it. I jumped and landed safely on the other side. I also could touch the net in my teen years. So I understand Hargrove’s freakish jumping ability.

MattyMo213 and moytoy12 like this

On 5/23/2019 at 8:40 AM, Pistol said:

Video of the game 

https://jcbca.weebly.com/

1 hour ago, almaman said:

When Donnie Dobbs was our center how many of our 19-20 guys would look down on him?

You can get away with Donnie Dobbs as your center when you shoot 39% as a team from the 3 and your guards force a ton of turnovers on defense.

3 hours ago, thetorch said:

Dobbs was never the center either. Pederson, Robinson, Campbell, Harris all played next to Dobbs.

Harris did not play much when Dobbs was a senior.  I am not sure what position DD really played under size  4,  or what but he was effective.

8 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Video of the game 

https://jcbca.weebly.com/

Watched the whole thing ...Perkins credited with 15 pts, 8 rebs & highest plus/minus of anyone, not bad...nice jump shot, tends to sneak in on some opportunities near the basket...more of an outside game though. Like the versatility.