Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Aquinas said:

He is more than just a spot up 3 point shooter. He kind of reminds me of a Scott Highmark..... on steroids.

Agreed.  Definitely more than a 3 point shooter.  He'll need to work on going left, but beyond his shot making ability it looks like he has a great skillset to build on. 

20 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I love that (1) he has a lightning quick release, and (2) that a large portion of this video he's creating his own shot.

he reminds me of "that one guy" that every team who makes a run in the tournament has. 

cgeldmacher and Zink like this

6 hours ago, bauman said:

signing period starts today, right.  Come on down, Jimmy Bell!

6 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I saw where Mr. Bell has a signing ceremony tonight at 6 pm.

Today is also the one-year anniversary of his dad's passing. Yesterday would've been his birthday. Pretty emotional day for Bell.

Jimmy has amazing body control.  We should run every out of bounds play with him as option 1.  Let’s see; Lewis averaged 14 as a frosh & we’re worried about finding minutes for him?  Does his jumper remind u of a certain guard on VA?

27 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

Jimmy has amazing body control.  We should run every out of bounds play with him as option 1.  Let’s see; Lewis averaged 14 as a frosh & we’re worried about finding minutes for him?  Does his jumper remind u of a certain guard on VA?

I love how he always either has his feet set for a shot after the catch, or if he the defender is right on top of him, he’s ready to do some sort of shimmy/fake in order to free himself up. He definitely has the potential to be more than a catch and shoot guy based on this video. 

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I love that (1) he has a lightning quick release, and (2) that a large portion of this video he's creating his own shot.

Someone compared him to S Highmark a few posts back.  GJ is way beyond Scott's shooting ability if his video is representative of his game.  Scott was a really good spot-up shooter but was not very good shooting on the move.  Claggs was the guy that excelled at that, not Scott.  Jimerson looks like way more that just a spot up shooter and a guy who could add a lot to the team next year.

dennis_w and BIG BILL FAN like this

2 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

Lewis is going to play.  The question is how much.  Scott Highmark averaged 13 ppg as a freshman and Lewis will be competing against a freshman who may be even more talented than Highmark.  And against a defensive standout with a chip on his shoulder.

There hasn't been this much competition at the shooting guard position since I've been following the Billikens.  Good times.

5 minutes ago, willie said:

I am not overlooking him. I expect him to be in the top 3 in almost all categories. 

Same. In fact he is who I think has the biggest year next year of the newbies 

21 hours ago, Pistol said:

Every time I see a school like Duke, Virginia, Nova, etc winning a championship, I always pay particular attention to their abundance of scrappy white gym rats who can just flat out put the ball in the net. Xavier and Butler also stock up on them. Jimmerson reminds me a lot of those types.

1 minute ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Every time I see a school like Duke, Virginia, Nova, etc winning a championship, I always pay particular attention to their abundance of scrappy white gym rats who can just flat out put the ball in the net. Xavier and Butler also stock up on them. Jimmerson reminds me a lot of those types.

Yep. So happy the final four in 2 years is as close as Indy 

GBL_Bills likes this

7 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Jimerson (one "m" please) next year and I'd like Kasubke  next!

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

This is probably covered in some thread, but we always seem to have some confusion about available scholarships, so here is the way I see it with the assumption that Lewis is only going to be on the squad next year (for either a 1/2 year or a full year).  This is as of 4/17/19

Seniors next year:

Lewis

Juniors:

Perkins, Goodwin, French

Soph:

Jacobs, Thatch, Hankton

Fresh;

Jimerson, Collins, Hargrove, Bell

Eleven scholarships used a/o today-----  2 available for 2019 signees*

Ten scholarships used a/o today(two above* and the Lewis scholarship)-----3 available for 2020 signees.

Fill any additional signees into the appropriate year, e.g. a grad transfer would go into the year with Lewis.

What is important to me is that we have 3, 2020 scholarships for the outstanding group of players, that year; i.e. Love, Kasubke, K Clark, the Mehlville 3, and others.  This would balance the scholarships as follows in the 2020-21 year:

Seniors---3; Juniors ---3;   Soph-----4; Fresh-----3.

Zink likes this