Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Cuts off in the middle of a question, but the first 2:20 is worth a quick watch.

For those of us who have been fans for decades—and at times watched teams that did not have very good shooting—it is very exciting to see us add a young man who appears to be a pure shooter! With next years team we will probably see double teams on Hasan and teams helping on Jordan in the post and Yuri off the dribble. I can see passes out to a wide open shooter or two. If Gibson can hit those open shots it will open things up for Perkins and Hargrove as well. Then if JImmy can spell Hasan in the post and Fred can polish up his shooting we could be looking at a team with much more offensive firepower. If the new guys can defend—we know the returning 3 of Jordan, Hasan and Fred can be tough defenders then with Jacobs and Hankton we will have a deep and athletic team. Young with great potential imo. Let’s all show up for the banquet tomorrow night! Go Bills!

I'm glad I'm not a coach trying to figure out the NCAA Recruiting calendar.  The spring signing period begins April 17 and extends through May 15. [We have all seen signings outside of this period.] I anticipate Bell will sign during this period.   Expect the Transfer Portal numbers to peak in the next week, and slow down, but not stop, shortly after.

Here is what the NCAA lists for the rest of April.  Players declaring for the NBA draft must do so by the end of April 21. They have until May29th to remove their name. So lots of dominos yet to fall.

04-04-19 thru 04-11-19 (noon) Dead Period
04-11-19 (noon) thru 04-14-19 Recruiting Period
04-15-19 thru 04-18-19 Dead Period
04-19-19 thru 04-24-19 Recruiting Period
04-25-19 Quiet Period
04-26-19 thru 04-28-19 Evaluation Period – non-scholastic events
04-29-19 thru 05-02-19 Recruiting Period

22 hours ago, Billikenswin said:

For those of us who have been fans for decades—and at times watched teams that did not have very good shooting—it is very exciting to see us add a young man who appears to be a pure shooter! With next years team we will probably see double teams on Hasahn and teams helping on Jordan in the post and Yuri off the dribble. I can see passes out to a wide open shooter or two. If Gibson can hit those open shots it will open things up for Perkins and Hargrove as well. Then if JImmy can spell Hasahn in the post and Fred can polish up his shooting we could be looking at a team with much more offensive firepower. If the new guys can defend—we know the returning 3 of Jordan, Hasahn and Fred can be tough defenders then with Jacobs and Hankton we will have a deep and athletic team. Young with great potential imo. Let’s all show up for the banquet tomorrow night! Go Bills!

Psst:  There are still up to 3 more players to factor into the equation.

(Hasahn's name has 2 H's.)

I wish I could use all of my "Good Posts" for the day on that.

Now you can see why Hargrove told Frank C. that he was going to recruit Collins to join him at SLU. He'll be on the receiving end of a lot of alley-oops, making him look great.

That last pass from Collins would be unbelievable if we didn't see him make almost the same pass to McKinney in an all-star game last week. Three-quarter court alley-oop off a quick two-handed fling.

Zink likes this

3 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Would it be accurate to say Yuri is a better Ty Graves?

we really never saw graves play.    but i would guess what graves had in athleticism over collins, collins more than made up in pure point guard skills and awareness.  

On 4/8/2019 at 12:02 PM, Billikenswin said:

For those of us who have been fans for decades—and at times watched teams that did not have very good shooting—it is very exciting to see us add a young man who appears to be a pure shooter! With next years team we will probably see double teams on Hasan and teams helping on Jordan in the post and Yuri off the dribble. I can see passes out to a wide open shooter or two. If Gibson can hit those open shots it will open things up for Perkins and Hargrove as well. Then if JImmy can spell Hasan in the post and Fred can polish up his shooting we could be looking at a team with much more offensive firepower. If the new guys can defend—we know the returning 3 of Jordan, Hasan and Fred can be tough defenders then with Jacobs and Hankton we will have a deep and athletic team. Young with great potential imo. Let’s all show up for the banquet tomorrow night! Go Bills!

Whatever happened to using only people’s initials so we have to figure out who’s being talked about? I’m not used to this!!

billikenbill likes this

40 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-that video should get us through the summer - WOW - and yes I understand it was not a real game

I kept all 4 of the A10 tournament games on the DVR to get me through the summer and early fall.

The 5 guys we have already is a lot to be excited about.  All of them fill needs on the team a shooter, point guard, a big, an athletic forward that can defend and score and an experienced forward that can score.

I am so excited about how the remaining 3 scholarships are filled and hopefully that is determined by May.

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

I kept all 4 of the A10 tournament games on the DVR to get me through the summer and early fall.

The 5 guys we have already is a lot to be excited about.  All of them fill needs on the team a shooter, point guard, a big, an athletic forward that can defend and score and an experienced forward that can score.

I am so excited about how the remaining 3 scholarships are filled and hopefully that is determined by May.

That's my plan for the HTRB podcast.

21 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

How many more days till billiken madness?

Teams better put a lock on the back door. I love that Yuri always has his eyes up the court. In some of the clips I've seen he's even got them up while under a bit of pressure. 

On 4/8/2019 at 7:17 PM, Cowboy said:

-thanks for finding and posting, he handled the interview very well, let's say again 8 threes!!!!!!! 

If Gibson had gone to another A10 school we would have hated seeing him on the floor just knowing he was about to slay the Billikens with 3 bombs. Thank you, Gibson, for choosing SLU! His name even sounds like a sniper name. Can't wait to watch him in a Bills uni! Kid looks good in blue.