Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

On 3/20/2019 at 11:03 PM, NH said:

I’ve always been a little cautious about slotting these freshmen for big minutes but the more I watch of Hargrove the more it seems like he’ll absolutely find ways to contribute. He, Thatch and Goodwin have the makings of a lethal defensive trio.

• 2a4dcc97ada59ba93194083f41de2074_bigger.

Regarding incoming freshman point guard Yuri Collins, Ford said: "Yuri brings ridiculous defense. I went and saw him the other day. I hadn't seen him in a month or two. I couldn't believe his body. He fits in."
NH likes this

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/26/2019 at 1:20 PM, willie said:

someone will leave. Someone always leaves. 

That's not the point.  We would prefer to give scholarships out this Fall to traditional high school Seniors rather than in the Spring for the reason that chances of landing a quality, long term player seem to improve with a Fall recruit If you give out more scholarships than allowed in the Fall, then not only are there the ethical issues offensive to many but you also can needlessly create a toxic environment as guys look around and wonder whose scholarship has been given away within telling them. They further get upset when only 8-10 are getting minutes.

8 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I know the transfer list has grown over the years but does it really work out that every school loses someone?  or is it that multiple transfers come from the same school?

I recall there were over 700 transfers last year. That's about two per D1 school. Not sure if that number included GT's and lower division guys moving up to D1. We've had a bunch over the last 3 years between Dead's gems leaving and Sit 2. But not have all transferred either; i.e. Henriquez, Santos, and Thor all went pro. 

19 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I know the transfer list has grown over the years but does it really work out that every school loses someone?  or is it that multiple transfers come from the same school?

I don't think Iowa, Loyola, Davidson or VCU are going to lose anyone to transfer.  And that's just off the top of my head.  Struggling programs, schools that fire their coach and new coaches running off players to make room for their guys have a disproportionate number of transfers.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

I don't think Iowa, Loyola, Davidson or VCU are going to lose anyone to transfer.  And that's just off the top of my head.  Struggling programs, schools that fire their coach and new coaches running off players to make room for their guys have a disproportionate number of transfers.

Davidson's backup center is transferring

3star_recruit likes this

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Really. I would of guessed most are unhappy on their own is the cause of the explosion of transfers in last couple of decades.

Very few college basketball players make the NBA.   Not all that many play professionally.  By definition, GT's already have their college degrees and I suspect most are ready to get on with their lives - and put their lifelong hoops dream aside and purchase dress clothes to interview and get their first real job.  Transferring to another D1 school, sitting out an entire year -- and then playing their final year is adds 2 more years and is just not all that appealing.  But transferring and immediately playing -- now that's appealing.  

7 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Very few college basketball players make the NBA.   Not all that many play professionally.  By definition, GT's already have their college degrees and I suspect most are ready to get on with their lives - and put their lifelong hoops dream aside and purchase dress clothes to interview and get their first real job.  Transferring to another D1 school, sitting out an entire year -- and then playing their final year is adds 2 more years and is just not all that appealing.  But transferring and immediately playing -- now that's appealing.  

I question this, but maybe that’s because I have the benefit of hindsight.  I would have stayed in college for as long as I could, especially if I got a scholarship to do so. 

billikenbill likes this

48 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I question this, but maybe that’s because I have the benefit of hindsight.  I would have stayed in college for as long as I could, especially if I got a scholarship to do so. 

I’m with you.

lets see...play ball, go to class for 12 hours a week, do some homework, party and have the opportunity to bang multiple hot chicks every weekend, have basically 0 responsibilities or go to work and begin doing the 8 - 5 gig for the next 40 years.

I know what I’m choosing.

When I first heard this explained I thought it was about degrees and being able to do graduate work in field not offered at school which had graduated said player. I guess just another angle of the same tired charade of collage sports central conceit. 

20 hours ago, dlarry said:

I’m with you.

lets see...play ball, go to class for 12 hours a week, do some homework, party and have the opportunity to bang multiple hot chicks every weekend, have basically 0 responsibilities or go to work and begin doing the 8 - 5 gig for the next 40 years.

I know what I’m choosing.

I've had the idea to open an adults only resort (age 35 and older) in the Caribbean that is simply called "College."  For one week, you relive the best time of your life.

25 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Can't wait to watch Yuri run fast breaks next year. Not many college guys can make that pass yet alone high schoolers.

Image result for geyser eruption gif

Now that i've watched that clip 20 times, the catch and finish is equally impressive. Anyone know who that young bloke is? Good lord, he took one dribble and  then fired that freakin' laser beam from the 3 point line!

41 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

. Anyone know who that young bloke is? Good lord, he took one dribble and  then fired that freakin' laser beam from the 3 point line!

Mario

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I have a feeling we are going to love watching Yuri and Hargrove on fast breaks. 

this is really good news that we plan to fast break next year!