Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Hopefully Yuri leg injury isn't to serious...

Let's hope it's nothing major. He's got a game tomorrow:

21, 3, and 4 on a bum leg to take his team to the state finals. Dude is a warrior.

brianstl likes this

Just now, almaman said:

supposedly free but they ask for CC info so I'm skipping thanks though.

If you search "east st louis" or "peoria manual" on Twitter and follow updates, those are coming pretty regularly. If I find another streaming option, I'll let you know, but most state tournaments are going to just have one state association-approved option.

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

We are adding some warriors next year

No matter what happens the rest of the way - and it looks like it'll be either first or second place for both of them - what's undeniable is that Collins and Hargrove have completely willed their teams through the playoffs. They've stepped up, put the teams on their backs, and played arguably the best basketball of their HS careers. And now here they are, playing for state titles most people never would've expected to see them in. So tough and so focused, and completely locked in. These guys are winners.

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

No matter what happens the rest of the way - and it looks like it'll be either first or second place for both of them - what's undeniable is that Collins and Hargrove have completely willed their teams through the playoffs. They've stepped up, put the teams on their backs, and played arguably the best basketball of their HS careers. And now here they are, playing for state titles most people never would've expected to see them in. So tough and so focused, and completely locked in. These guys are winners.

I am so pumped. I wish we could fly Yuri to NYC tonight to run point. 

Crazy that this is the first state final for ESL, right?

Bogan is deep and very, very good. There's no question ESL is the underdog in this one. SLU 2020 offer Antoine Bloxton has been great for Bogan in the playoffs after sitting out the regular season for a transfer.

Hargrove had 19 points, at least 11 rebounds, and at least 6 blocks. I'll post the full stats when I have them.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Crazy that this is the first state final for ESL, right?

Bogan is deep and very, very good. There's no question ESL is the underdog in this one. SLU 2020 offer Antoine Bloxton has been great for Bogan in the playoffs after sitting out the regular season for a transfer.

Hargrove had 19 points, at least 11 rebounds, and at least 6 blocks. I'll post the full stats when I have them.

Lincoln High School in ESL was the basketball school - they had 4 AA state championships - 81-82, 86-87, 87-88, 88--89 with LaPhonso Ellis and Cuonzo Martin. Lincoln closed in 1998.

1 minute ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Lincoln High School in ESL was the basketball school - they had 4 AA state championships - 81-82, 86-87, 87-88, 88--89 with LaPhonso Ellis and Cuonzo Martin. Lincoln closed in 1998.

Ah, of course. Forgot those guys played there.

Tomorrow's state finals are all set:

St. Mary's vs. Grandview, 2:40 pm, JQH Arena, Springfield, MO. Grandview (28-2) is the defending 4A state champ. They're legit.

East St. Louis vs. Bogan, 1:00 pm, Carver Arena, Peoria, IL. Bogan (30-3) beat DePaul Prep by 20 in the other semifinal today. They have two uncommitted all-state seniors, a junior (Antoine Bloxton) with a SLU offer, and plenty of other firepower and depth.

If either Hargrove or Collins can pull off a win tomorrow, I'll be even more impressed with them than I already am.