Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

1 minute ago, almaman said:

This is still streaming! What's next are they down to final 4 and off to Springfield.

Yes, they are off to Springfield for the final 4.

The St. Mary's bigs are thin and did not convert many field goals however they blocked a lot of shots

HoosierPal likes this

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slusam said:

Just watched the first half and he didnt score and had 3 rebounds. He must of had a hell of a second half.

He went up for either dunk or layup fouled but got the ball to go down.  Hit the FT.  Fouled while shooting hit both free throws.  Hit a nice little jump hook,  and a tip in on another.  was a total of 5-7 from the line, Nice block of LaMelo's driving layup attempt, and another one but Lamelo made contact and he(JBJr) was called for a foul.  LaMelo seems to be on the edge of being a dirty player,  it looked to me like he was clawing and pulling Jimmy Bell down on that play.  This was after LaMelo flailed his legs on a three pointer flop to get a foul call.  .

Zink likes this

Thanks to those who shared the stats and reviews of Collins' game this weekend. St. Mary's will take on Ladue (20-8) in Springfield at noon this Friday. Ladue is a solid team but a favorable draw this late in the tournament. They came in second in their conference to McCluer North. They only score about 55 PPG but allow fewer than 50 PPG. Their games in the playoffs have all been low scoring:

W 49-48 Westminster (district semifinals)

W 47-46 John Borroughs (district championship)

W 48-45 Jennings (OT, sectionals)

W 54-40 St. Charles West (quarterfinals)

So this could be a grind for Collins and Southside Catholic. Ladue overcame a big deficit vs. Jennings; 6-1 junior Jaylen Boyd (12.9 PPG, leading scorer) grabbed his own missed FT and hit a 3-pointer to send that one to OT. He's got a strong build and will probably draw the defensive assignment against Collins. Ladue has decent size and they're all about defense. Moses Okpala (6-7) and Evan Schneider (6-6) are the two other players that could step up for Ladue. They'll be a challenge for St. Mary's frontcourt.

Still, the way they're playing right now makes me think St. Mary's is the favorite in this one. If they can beat Ladue, they'll face the winner of Grandview (27-2) and Logan-Rogersville (24-6) for the Class 4 title.

As mentioned earlier, Hargrove and East St. Louis advanced with a 77-60 win over Justin Love's Mascoutah team. Hargrove had 16 points (8-17, 0-4, 0-1), 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 5 blocks, and 2 turnovers.

They're now in the IL class 3A super-sectionals (quarterfinals) and will face Springfield Southeast tomorrow at 7 pm at the Bank of Springfield Center. The winner will head to the state semifinals at Carver Arena in Peoria.

15 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

If you don't have time to watch the game but want to see Bell (#15) battling under the basket & a couple scores and rejection, here you go..zoom to the second half of this 12-minute segment:

Jimmy bell moments

7:56 -  nice little basket

9:00 big block on Lamelo Ball

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's impressive that he put up the numbers he did. That game was an up and down the court 3 point chucking contest.

my thoughts too.  I was hoping to see a few more of his points. 

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

As mentioned earlier, Hargrove and East St. Louis advanced with a 77-60 win over Justin Love's Mascoutah team. Hargrove had 16 points (8-17, 0-4, 0-1), 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 5 blocks, and 2 turnovers.

They're now in the IL class 3A super-sectionals (quarterfinals) and will face Springfield Southeast tomorrow at 7 pm at the Bank of Springfield Center. The winner will head to the state semifinals at Carver Arena in Peoria.

How tall is Hargrove; 6'7" or 6'8"? 

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's impressive that he put up the numbers he did. That game was an up and down the court 3 point chucking contest.

Just now, wgstl said:

my thoughts too.  I was hoping to see a few more of his points. 

11, 12, and 2 is a great line for a game of this magnitude. To score double figures on a team with Zion Harmon, Terry Armstrong, and Addison Patterson is almost mathematically impossible. My guess - because I didn't see the game and the highlights are limited - is that he had a fair amount of second-chance points from offensive rebounds left by those three high-volume shooters. The big man got work done down in the trenches. Much respect.

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

How tall is Hargrove; 6'7" or 6'8"? 

Probably 6-7 without shoes and 6-8 with? I'm not totally sure. He's close, and thought to still be growing a little.

Just now, Pistol said:

11, 12, and 2 is a great line for a game of this magnitude. To score double figures on a team with Zion Harmon, Terry Armstrong, and Addison Patterson is almost mathematically impossible. My guess - because I didn't see the game and the highlights are limited - is that he had a fair amount of second-chance points from offensive rebounds left by those three high-volume shooters. The big man got work done down in the trenches. Much respect.

Missing out on second chance points has been the left Achilles heel to our free throw shootings right as of late. Hopefully he'll help us fix that.

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Bell averages 3 ppg on this year's edition of Bella Vista. He got a lot more run last year.  He splits time off the bench with another big bodied post player. In this particular game Bell was successful keeping the other team's star big from establishing position so the coach left him in.

Bell scored on a nice jump hook and a couple of tip ins. He couldn't get off the floor well enough to finish off his other post opportunities but at least he was able to get to the line, where he shot 5/7. Nice stroke.

The A10 is the right level for him. When he gets in better shape, he is going to be hard to guard in this conference.

Pistol likes this

33 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Bell averages 3 ppg on this year's edition of Bella Vista. He got a lot more run last year.  He splits time off the bench with another big bodied post player. In this particular game Bell was successful keeping the other team's star big from establishing position so the coach left him in.

Bell scored on a nice jump hook and a couple of tip ins. He couldn't get off the floor well enough to finish off his other post opportunities but at least he was able to get to the line, where he shot 5/7. Nice stroke.

The A10 is the right level for him. When he gets in better shape, he is going to be hard to guard in this conference.

He also had nice position for rebound numerous times but he teammates shot went in.  He will need to not get use to that.....😉

40 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

By my count, Bella Vista has 3 imposing bigs.  Gotta be good comp for Bell during practice. 

yep all three are the same height, 2 of the 3 look like bangers. 

SIAP: Jimmy Bell

Talks about how coaches from Michigan state, NC state and TT began taking notice when he started losing the weight. 

Also he said during his sophomore year of high school when he was 6'8, his doctors predicted a height of 7'2.

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/-4506945702886381758/arthur-hills-jimmy-bell-loses-weight-adds-football-basketball-offers/

BIG BILL FAN likes this

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Probably 6-7 without shoes and 6-8 with? I'm not totally sure. He's close, and thought to still be growing a little.

-based on seeing him at our games, passing him on the concourse, both of us in shoes, I think estimates of his height are a bit exaggerated to the high end