Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He is bigger than Jacob Gilyard and Fats Russell, and about the same size as Otis Livingston, all whom are doing fine in the A10. 

actually i think they are all around the 5'9 -5'10 size.   i believe gilyard and russell are faster.   

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

actually i think they are all around the 5'9 -5'10 size.   i believe gilyard and russell are faster.   

The published listings I found have Gilyard at 5'9", 160 lb, Russell at 5'10", 165 lb, Livingston at 5'11" , 170 lb and Collins at 5'11", 165 lb.  He has good company in the A10 and will do just fine.  

17 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The published listings I found have Gilyard at 5'9", 160 lb, Russell at 5'10", 165 lb, Livingston at 5'11" , 170 lb and Collins at 5'11", 165 lb.  He has good company in the A10 and will do just fine.  

unless he has grown, in the last year, because i admit i havent seen yuri this year play, he wasnt 5'11".

Guys like Yuri tend to be successful offensively in the A-10. The major determining factor of his ability to contribute will be defense. McCall and Kwamain were both excellent defensively. If Yuri can get close to that level, I think he’ll be a major addition. 

28 minutes ago, wgstl said:

@Pistol or anyone, Im going to the Vashon v CBC tonight, other than the big 3, anyone else hold SLU offer's or interest to look out for?

Basically everyone!

Vashon: McKinney (Mizzou) and McCaskill (Portland) are signed but will be key players. Fletcher, obviously. Curious to see how Akok Yor is progressing, although I think he's a good candidate for a prep year to give himself a chance to develop and raise his stock. Phillip Russell, the small PG, is the other senior with D-I attention. We offered Kobe Clark when we offered Fletcher but he has a longer way to go, so I'd be curious to see him play more. Nicholas Kern is the intriguing sophomore; he's shown flashes this season and has some serious upside.

CBC: Love is obviously the man for this team. Josh Wallace is a senior and I don't know what level he'll play at next year but he's always been a nice role player for BBE in the AAU season. Rob Martin is the freshman PG who is one of the top 2022 prospects in the area. Larry Hughes, Jr. just got in his first HS game the other night; hopefully he gets some time in this one. Chevalier Brenson is a solid sophomore; not sure what his ceiling is yet.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Basically everyone!

Vashon: McKinney (Mizzou) and McCaskill (Portland) are signed but will be key players. Fletcher, obviously. Curious to see how Akok Yor is progressing, although I think he's a good candidate for a prep year to give himself a chance to develop and raise his stock. Phillip Russell, the small PG, is the other senior with D-I attention. We offered Kobe Clark when we offered Fletcher but he has a longer way to go, so I'd be curious to see him play more. Nicholas Kern is the intriguing sophomore; he's shown flashes this season and has some serious upside.

CBC: Love is obviously the man for this team. Josh Wallace is a senior and I don't know what level he'll play at next year but he's always been a nice role player for BBE in the AAU season. Rob Martin is the freshman PG who is one of the top 2022 prospects in the area. Larry Hughes, Jr. just got in his first HS game the other night; hopefully he gets some time in this one. Chevalier Brenson is a solid sophomore; not sure what his ceiling is yet.

speaking of jr, it was either the davidson or the richmond game, jr was sliding by his father to sit down at the game so dad got up to let him in, jr is almost as tall as dad now.   

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Basically everyone!

Thanks as always

22 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Basically everyone!

Akok?  The jokes are just too easy.......but.......We need Akok!

Yes I'm a bad person....

26 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-SWIC shot 74% from 3pt and 87% from ft and only won by 6, Perkins played 38 minutes and had no fouls

Foul numbers in NJCAA box scores aren't reliable. I don't know why they don't get filled out like other stats.

Glad that Perkins is back. 8-9 from the FT line is something we could use ASAP.

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Foul numbers in NJCAA box scores aren't reliable. I don't know why they don't get filled out like other stats.

Glad that Perkins is back. 8-9 from the FT line is something we could use ASAP.

-I did wonder about that with only 11 fouls in the box score 

So we know by now from other threads that Hargrove and ESL pulled out a 57-56 win at Belleville West after he knocked down 2 clutch FTs to seal it. He finished with 20 points on 8-16 shooting (1-6 3FG, 3-3 FT), with 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 4 blocks, and a turnover. This win extends ESL's win streak to 11 and their season record to 22-5. They host O'Fallon on Friday night.

Yuri Collins and St. Mary's played on back-to-back nights this weekend. The first was a 67-58 loss to Cardinal Ritter; Collins ended with 21 points (6-12, 1-5, 8-10), 1 rebound, 7 assists, 3 steals, and 2 turnovers. The second was a 50-48 win over Carnahan; Collins had 17 points (4-15, 0-6, 9-12), 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals, and 5 turnovers. The Dragons host St. Dominic on Friday night.

Perkins and SWIC beat Lincoln Trail 78-72 last Wednesday. Perkins had 16 points (5-13, 0-1, 6-8), with 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 turnovers. SWIC beat Lewis & Clark 88-74 this weekend but the box score hasn't been published yet. EDIT: Perkins had 26 points (8-14, 0-4, 10-12), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. SWIC plays at Southeastern Illinois (SEIC?) on Wednesday, 2/13.

Montverde CBD won both games at the Metro Classic in NJ this weekend, taking down St. Thomas More 74-61 and The Skill Factory (Gold) 62-52. I don't have Jimerson's numbers for either, but here's a nice athlete of the week write-up by his school. In short:

• Jimerson has a cumulative GPA of 4.32 (Summa Laude) and is in the top percentile of the postgraduate class.
  • His coach calls him efficient and consistent and says he hates taking him out, even when he needs a break.
  • His mom ran track at Oregon.
  • He says his hobbies are reading and chess.
  • He came to Montverde for a challenging transitional year between HS and college.
  • He enjoys math and chemistry so he thinks he'll major in something in the engineering or medical fields. "Either way, I know that St. Louis University is the right college for me."
wgstl, johnbj14, Zink and 1 other like this

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

• Jimerson has a cumulative GPA of 4.32 (Summa Laude) and is in the top percentile of the postgraduate class.
  • His coach calls him efficient and consistent and says he hates taking him out, even when he needs a break.
  • He came to Montverde for a challenging transitional year between HS and college.
  • He enjoys math and chemistry so he thinks he'll major in something in the engineering or medical fields. "Either way, I know that St. Louis University is the right college for me."

going to college for the right reasons.  gotta like that. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

So we know by now from other threads that Hargrove and ESL pulled out a 57-56 win at Belleville West after he knocked down 2 clutch FTs to seal it. He finished with 20 points on 8-16 shooting (1-6 3FG, 3-3 FT), with 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 4 blocks, and a turnover. This win extends ESL's win streak to 11 and their season record to 22-5. They host O'Fallon on Friday night.

Yuri Collins and St. Mary's played on back-to-back nights this weekend. The first was a 67-58 loss to Cardinal Ritter; Collins ended with 21 points (6-12, 1-5, 8-10), 1 rebound, 7 assists, 3 steals, and 2 turnovers. The second was a 50-48 win over Carnahan; Collins had 17 points (4-15, 0-6, 9-12), 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals, and 5 turnovers. The Dragons host St. Dominic on Friday night.

Perkins and SWIC beat Lincoln Trail 78-72 last Wednesday. Perkins had 16 points (5-13, 0-1, 6-8), with 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 turnovers. SWIC beat Lewis & Clark 88-74 this weekend but the box score hasn't been published yet.

Montverde CBD won both games at the Metro Classic in NJ this weekend, taking down St. Thomas More 74-61 and The Skill Factory (Gold) 62-52. I don't have Jimerson's numbers for either, but here's a nice athlete of the week write-up by his school. In short:

Seems like Cartere Gordon 2.0