Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I know young players are trending back to the shorter shorts, but this look on GJ makes him look like he has some tree trunk legs in that video. He used to be a lot heavier earlier in HS. Not saying this is good or bad - he'll have a better chance of getting minutes if he can physically match up - but it's an interesting look on his frame.

Agreed. 

I think it's easier for the younger guys with some excess weight to turn it into muscle than the young guys who are super skinny. I have no complaints with our S&C coach, so hopefully Gibson can totally buy-in and be a huge weapon. We've seen how valuable outside shooting can be (see: Wiley & St. Joes) .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

he doesn't look very athletic but boy he can shoot. 

His highlight reel looks a lot like Mike Crawford’s did. Main difference being Jimmerson is playing against real talent, and Crawford was doing it against teams of 6’1” chubby hoosiers. 

Westy03 likes this

On 1/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, Old guy said:

The next thing you have to ask yourself, if you reject the idea of getting transfers, is what are you going to do with a class that contains 6 freshmen and 1 JUCO. Just think about it 6 freshmen. Do you really want a class with that many freshmen in it?

If you sign a class with 6 freshmen you can assume 2 or 3 will transfer before the end of their freshman year. That is fine as long as everyone understands it ahead of time and doesn't panic when it happens.

10 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Looks athletic to me.  Liked that miss then immediately rebounded the miss and put it in.

He looks athletic for a human, but not for an A-10 basketball player, in my opinion. That said, he’s pretty tall for his position so that will help to compensate.

55 minutes ago, davidnark said:

If you sign a class with 6 freshmen you can assume 2 or 3 will transfer before the end of their freshman year. That is fine as long as everyone understands it ahead of time and doesn't panic when it happens.

I don't disagree but I would think that Ford is not looking to sign 6 freshmen.  I would think 3 of the 4 open schollies will go to grad transfers, Jucos, or transfers.  Trying to maintain a balance in your classes is still important and transfers only make it harder.

48 minutes ago, NH said:

He looks athletic for a human, but not for an A-10 basketball player, in my opinion. That said, he’s pretty tall for his position so that will help to compensate.

He looks more athletic than Scott Highmark. Highmark turned out to be OK in a better conference than the A10.

Remember back when shooting lights out was the definition of good in Basketball? Like beefing about Hammerin's Hank not fielding. (he could of course) but even if I'd find away to get his bat in the lineup. With French, Thatch, Goodwin all returning we got 3 A+ defenders one fill in blank with any eligible male and the scoring stud.

HenryB likes this

13 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

Athleticism is great if you also have basketball skills, i will take a lesser athlete if he has the skills, i remember sekue who was apparently a great track athlete with no bb skills, 

Exactly right, there are a few on this board who are only concerned with someone’s vertical jump and completely dismiss the skill aspects of the game. The most valuable attribute one can have as a basketball player is being a great shooter.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Imagine comparing Sekue Berentine to Scary Terry Hargrove 

Still remember Sekue at senior year midnight madness or some kind of madness.  He was bald and built and I was just wondering who the hell he was.  He was not as horrible as a senior as some of us remember...….

54 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

Athleticism is great if you also have basketball skills, i will take a lesser athlete if he has the skills, i remember sekue who was apparently a great track athlete with no bb skills, 

Being a great track athlete does not necessarily make you a great athlete.  All it means is you can run fast or slow for long distances.  Does not require good eye hand coordination or foot eye coordination.  Remember the wide receiver for Dallas - Hays - could run like a deer but had no hands.  He eventually got better but he was a stone hands for a long time.