Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

Just now, slu72 said:

Beal and Lee to FL, Tatum to Duke, Kasubke to SLU? I ain't getting my hopes up. Good luck where ever he ends up. Hate to say it, but this is where our being in the Beast just might help with a kid like this.

I’m cautiously optimistic. He’s at a lot of our games. Could be he just wants to watch basketball, obviously. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Beal and Lee to FL, Tatum to Duke, Kasubke to SLU? I ain't getting my hopes up. Good luck where ever he ends up. Hate to say it, but this is where our being in the Beast just might help with a kid like this.

Hot take: SLU wins the A10, Chris May gets SLU into the Big East in the off season. Our first game is against DePaul and we win by 30. 💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

1 minute ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Hot take: SLU wins the A10, Chris May gets SLU into the Big East in the off season. Our first game is against DePaul and we win by 30. 💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

If Chris May gets SLU into the big east i will forgive his terrible terrible job so far as AD

35 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

If Chris May gets SLU into the big east i will forgive his terrible terrible job so far as AD

If Chris May can’t get it done he would have to go down as one of the worst AD’s of all time. No reason we shouldn’t be the first program considered for expansion.

It’s SLU’s to screw up...

On 1/16/2019 at 3:48 PM, almaman said:

Right so he'd be in his 50's by now. Is he on good terms with the program, for that matter Jr?

Our Luther Burden was one of Grawer's earliest players.  Believe Grawer's first year was 1982-1983?  The stats say that Luther played thru 1985 but I sure thought he had finished by by 1984.  Guess not.

As to the high school age Luther Burden, I have no knowledge.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:15 AM, billiken_roy said:

it will be interesting next year to see who inherits bess's spot between hargrove and perkins.   if we dont score the credible big,, might be the time to go 4 out and start and play them both. 

Perkins will have had 2 years of JUCO ball and therefore should be much further along for next year as compared to Hargrove - a true freshman.

As to Hankton, he will have had a full year under his belt and a whole summer of being able to hit the weight room.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, slubillikens43 said:

You almost have to bank on a grad transfer big to give you big minutes at this point imo. But you never know with Ford i'm sure there's some kids out there we've never had on our radar that he's working with.

A grad transfer like Rasheed Anthony?  Or maybe Luis Santos?  Haven't we had enough?

11 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Perkins will have had 2 years of JUCO ball and therefore should be much further along for next year as compared to Hargrove - a true freshman.

As to Hankton, he will have had a full year under his belt and a whole summer of being able to hit the weight room.

Unless he, Hankton, becomes Welmer 2 with his foot issues ......😈

2 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Unless he, Hankton, becomes Welmer 2 with his foot issues ......😈

Christ, I hope not. We can’t afford to waste scholarships anymore. Not trying to sh!t on Welmer, but one year of playing for four years of using a scholarship is a pretty awful return on investment. Especially when you consider the depth issues we’ve had the last two years. 

41 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

A grad transfer like Rasheed Anthony?  Or maybe Luis Santos?  Haven't we had enough?

The next thing you have to ask yourself, if you reject the idea of getting transfers, is what are you going to do with a class that contains 6 freshmen and 1 JUCO. Just think about it 6 freshmen. Do you really want a class with that many freshmen in it?

13 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The next thing you have to ask yourself, if you reject the idea of getting transfers, is what are you going to do with a class that contains 6 freshmen and 1 JUCO. Just think about it 6 freshmen. Do you really want a class with that many freshmen in it?

Bringing in six freshmen recruits when 6 of your 9 man rotation is already set is a waste of scholarships. Three of them will never see the floor. Logic dictates that a defensive-minded transfer big will fill one of those scholarships.

cgeldmacher likes this

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Bringing in six freshmen recruits when 6 of your 9 man rotation is already set is a waste of scholarships. Three of them will never see the floor. Logic dictates that a defensive-minded transfer big will fill one of those scholarships.

I'm tired of 60 point games. I want someone who can average 20 ppg.  I want one of GloryDays rec players that can hit 50% from the three and 90% from the line.

5 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

That will definitely be interesting to watch next year.  I think Perkins and Hargrove are good enough to play next year.  Perkins has been told there are minutes available.  I think Hargrove fits more with the type of players Ford is bringing in however...French,  Goodwin,  Thatch.

13 hours ago, Pistol said:

Javonte Perkins dropped 42 in a 2-point loss to Vincennes (15-1, ranked 4th in the country) on Wednesday. He was 13-23 from the field, 2-6 from 3, and 14-16 from the line. He added 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and a steal, but had 4 turnovers. His season averages are up to 26.2 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists, with a slashline of .569/.385/.784. He's up to 4th in the nation in scoring average.

SWIC (11-5) plays at Kaskaskia (12-4) on Monday.

SWIC might be in the toughest D-I region in the country. Region 24 has the #3 (John A. Logan), #4 (Vincennes), and #22 (Olney Central) ranked teams. Lincoln Trail, Kaskaskia, and Wabash Valley all have double-digit wins.

Wow!

hate the thought of no Bess next year but this sure helps, thanks for keeping tabs Pistol!

Collins had 15 points (4-10 FG, 0-4 3FG, 7-9 FT), 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, and 3 TOs in a 55-52 loss to Borgia. They've got Hazelwood East next weekend.

Hargrove had 17 points (7-14 FG, 0-3 3FG, 3-3 FT), 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 turnovers, and 8 (!) blocks in a 70-50 win over Effingham. ESL will play for the Salem Invitational Tournament championship tomorrow night at 7:30 vs. Teutopolis.

Just a reminder that Hargrove can dunk (by the way, the cheerleader stepping over out of fear even though she's not even close to him is a really nice beat):

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

he doesn't look very athletic but boy he can shoot. 

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Conklin but can shoot?? (kidding)

I know young players are trending back to the shorter shorts, but this look on GJ makes him look like he has some tree trunk legs in that video. He used to be a lot heavier earlier in HS. Not saying this is good or bad - he'll have a better chance of getting minutes if he can physically match up - but it's an interesting look on his frame.