Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

1 hour ago, Basketbill said:

I agree that you cannot make an absolute judgement,  but it is an impressive block and a fantastic picture.  I look forward to that kind of play next year!

The shots that photographer got of that block were incredible.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

if any former billikens had more leaping ability i might measure jett.  but hargrove is extraordinary.  

Jamal Johnson back in ca 1996 had serious hops, and was a quick and explosive leaper.

as far as the parallex error on the photo, it is easy to correct the angle. Look at the backboard bottom, adjust your smartphone so both bottom corners are level, and now you know within an inch of where his head is...hitting the bottom of the rim level. 🙂

ive seen hargrove a lot in the last 3+ years and i agree he is a nice player.  that said, i keep bouncing back to the fact he was a down the bench guy for the beagles this past summer.   seems like he deserved a little more play time and featuring.   i understand the beagles were a good team, but come on.  

1 hour ago, willie said:

Sr. Played for Grawer. 

Right so he'd be in his 50's by now. Is he on good terms with the program, for that matter Jr?

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Jacobs has as good of a jumping ability as I've seen

Really? That's a good thing. I haven't noticed in his 83 minutes. His stats continue to amuse me. Zelig like. And somehow he's got amazing fouls per minute to go with the stockpile of goose eggs he's accumulated in box scores. I can't say a thing about if he's a keeper on what I've seen so trust in TF is my plan. I think he is rewarding him for the good practices coach speaks of which I hazard to guess may be won on more than lights out shooting. If he can just neutralize his man for a few minutes a half without screwing up. Any actual stat stuffing will of course be welcomed and surely boost his minutes.

15 minutes ago, almaman said:

Right so he'd be in his 50's by now. Is he on good terms with the program, for that matter Jr?

Really? That's a good thing. I haven't noticed in his 83 minutes. His stats continue to amuse me. Zelig like. And somehow he's got amazing fouls per minute to go with the stockpile of goose eggs he's accumulated in box scores. I can't say a thing about if he's a keeper on what I've seen so trust in TF is my plan. I think he is rewarding him for the good practices coach speaks of which I hazard to guess may be won on more than lights out shooting. If he can just neutralize his man for a few minutes a half without screwing up. Any actual stat stuffing will of course be welcomed and surely boost his minutes.

actually i am thinking jacobs is "rewarded' simply on his athletic potential.   as you documented he hasnt filled up the boxscore.   he plays scared it appears to me.   i dont know why or what changes that.   might be something as simple as a big steal with grand big time dunk to finish.   or it might be a gradual process that doesnt happen till next year when he's a year older and more experienced.   if he isnt a trouble maker and does his part in practice, im willing to wait based on that athleticism.  

21 minutes ago, almaman said:

Watch Jacobs dunks in warm ups. He can get up.

5 minutes ago, slusam said:

Watch Jacobs dunks in warm ups. He can get up.

warmups, the billiken madness night, heck, just running to the scorers table.   all say jacobs is a superb athlete.   but something happens for those two steps from when he reports in till he crosses the sideline into a game.   a different jacobs begins.   that jacobs has to have some sort of exorcism.   

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

actually i am thinking jacobs is "rewarded' simply on his athletic potential.   as you documented he hasnt filled up the boxscore.   he plays scared it appears to me.   i dont know why or what changes that.   might be something as simple as a big steal with grand big time dunk to finish.   or it might be a gradual process that doesnt happen till next year when he's a year older and more experienced.   if he isnt a trouble maker and does his part in practice, im willing to wait based on that athleticism.  

It would be great to get to the level that we would have great players on bench that never get many mpg because we are full of studs. We've been on the cusp both last 2 years then S2 and S&G and we remain paper thin. Number 10 n 11 going into season are now forced to be 8 and 9 and not sure we are yet that deep.

warmups, the billiken madness night, heck, just running to the scorers table.   all say jacobs is a superb athlete.   but something happens for those two steps from when he reports in till he crosses the sideline into a game.   a different jacobs begins.   that jacobs has to have some sort of exorcism.   

This is exactly why the shooting ability of Hankton shouldn’t be minimized. There are a lot of great athletes who never become good basketball players. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Terrence Hargrove Jr. is gonna be problem in the A10! Went 22-10, 3 blk against rival Vashon High. <a href="https://twitter.com/TerrenceHargro1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TerrenceHargro1</a> <a href="https://t.co/yonCUdBSk0">pic.twitter.com/yonCUdBSk0</a></p>&mdash; Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1085659896085807104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Calling it now: Hargrove is going to average 20 points,10 rebounds, and 5 blocks a game his freshman year with a slashline of .65/.50/.95

Littlebill likes this

HoHo

Ghostbuster needed on Compton. Maybe the big concert coming up can shake out the mojo. Hope players get in to those concerts for free. Good perk as they have a fair amount of shows.

56 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I love how he floats in the air and then does a finger roll. TH has the potential to be really special here. I understand we're in the age of overselling recruits and what they can become, but I think he is a perfect player for today's game. 

ESL didn't need much from Hargrove to thump Triad 76-43 at the Salem Invitational Tournament. Hargrove finished with 9 points on 4-12 shooting, along with 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal. They play Effingham in the semifinals at Salem today. Finals and 3rd place game are tomorrow.

St. Mary's hosts Borgia tonight at 7:15. Borgia has been streaky, but is currently on a 3-game winning streak.

Montverde CBD is playing in the Hoophall Classic in Springfield, MA this weekend. They'll play at 12:30 Eastern on Sunday against Brewster Academy (NH). This is one of the toughest possible draws for Jimerson's squad, as Brewster has Jalen Lecque (2019, NC State), Alonzo Gaffney (2019, Ohio State), Kai Jones (2019, Texas), and the top player in the 2021 class, Terrence Clarke. You can watch if you have a FLOHOOOPS account. Link here.

Javonte Perkins dropped 42 in a 2-point loss to Vincennes (15-1, ranked 4th in the country) on Wednesday. He was 13-23 from the field, 2-6 from 3, and 14-16 from the line. He added 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and a steal, but had 4 turnovers. His season averages are up to 26.2 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists, with a slashline of .569/.385/.784. He's up to 4th in the nation in scoring average.

SWIC (11-5) plays at Kaskaskia (12-4) on Monday.

SWIC might be in the toughest D-I region in the country. Region 24 has the #3 (John A. Logan), #4 (Vincennes), and #22 (Olney Central) ranked teams. Lincoln Trail, Kaskaskia, and Wabash Valley all have double-digit wins.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:59 PM, JohnnyJumpUp said:

No love from local channel 5 ksdk sports reporter🤔

Beal and Lee to FL, Tatum to Duke, Kasubke to SLU? I ain't getting my hopes up. Good luck where ever he ends up. Hate to say it, but this is where our being in the Beast just might help with a kid like this.