Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't get how Montverde is going about who plays with what team this season.  As of last week Zakharov was listed on the varsity roster.  He is no longer listed on there and I guess that means he will play CBD all year.  That move alone will make the CBD really good.  

I guess they are really looking to build up the CBD program this season.  Now that Zakharov is committed to Gonzaga there isn't the need to showcase him to top programs on the varsity roster. They can use Zakharov to draw even more eyes to the CBD program and market Zakharov as a CBD product.  The CBD program is a way to add close to another million dollars a year in income for the school just in tuition.  

Personally, I am glad that Jimerson is on the CBD team.  It means he will play more.

I’m a big fan of CBD.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the Post's write-up. Jashawn Anderson got to be the hero, draining a deep 3 to win it, but Hargrove was the man. His 37 points were a career high. He indeed scored 15 in the fourth quarter.

"In the final seconds after a missed free throw by Collinsville (7-1, 1-1), Chambers called a timeout to run a play for Hargrove. When Collinsville took away that option, the backup for the Flyers was senior Cornelius Leflore.

When LeFlore kicked the ball back to Anderson, there wasn't time for a third option."

Love this:

"We kept pounding the ball inside and got them (Collinsville's big men) out of the game, so that really helped us a lot," Hargrove said. "I was just trying to play my game, crash the boards and getting the ball inside the hole."

Hargrove was also a force on the glass and the defense, corralling 14 rebounds and recording seven blocks.

Stats for SWIC's win over Lincoln Trail are now available. It was a low-volume night for Perkins, who only had 4 FGA and finished with 11 points (6-8 FT). He also chipped in 12 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals. Without knowing the story, my guess is he had the equivalent of Javon Bess on him, or maybe a gimmick defense like a box and one. He was clearly a focal point if he just had 4 attempts.

His season scoring average is down to 26.3, with a slashline of .561/.395/.814. He's now third in the country in scoring.

36 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Stats for SWIC's win over Lincoln Trail are now available. It was a low-volume night for Perkins, who only had 4 FGA and finished with 11 points (6-8 FT). He also chipped in 12 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals. Without knowing the story, my guess is he had the equivalent of Javon Bess on him, or maybe a gimmick defense like a box and one. He was clearly a focal point if he just had 4 attempts.

His season scoring average is down to 26.3, with a slashline of .561/.395/.814. He's now third in the country in scoring.

What a scrub

Just realized Hargrove's next game is against Alton. They just won last night in their first game after that horrible brawl; someone shared the video in another thread.

And yes, that photo of him above is awesome. I love the look of calm on his face, like "Yeah, I'm just gonna put this right here where it belongs now."

39 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Just realized Hargrove's next game is against Alton. They just won last night in their first game after that horrible brawl; someone shared the video in another thread.

And yes, that photo of him above is awesome. I love the look of calm on his face, like "Yeah, I'm just gonna put this right here where it belongs now."

looks like he's still going up just dropped off the rock on his way to the roof.

Pistol likes this

Hargrove's full line vs. Collinsville: 37 points, 14 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 steal, 7 blocks, .522/.250/.750

Hargrove's averages: 24.4 points, 12.0 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.6 steals, 3.8 blocks, .446/.353/.680

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Whoa.  I wouldn't go that far.  But he should get time

i agree, at the D1 level i think we would never play him at either of the bigs or at point guard.   he is a wing.  

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i agree, at the D1 level i think we would never play him at either of the bigs or at point guard.   he is a wing.  

Agreed.  If he gets a rebound tho he will initiate the break.  And he can be trusted to make the right pass.  It will be a great competition for that starting spot.  Does anyone have a feel for what Thor and Jimmerson's positions will be next year?  Lot of talent it seems