Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here’s a report about Hargrove from the weekend. Pretty impressive!

Saw that this morning and was going to post it if someone else hadn't already. Quite a game he had. Also, had he not been taken out with that foul and ESL had beaten Curie, he would've been the tournament MVP.

Still, ESL had a really strong showing at a solid tournament. Given what we've already said about their schedule, that bodes well. They need to keep playing at this level.

Here's the link for tracking Javonte Perkins' stats this season: http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div1/players/javonteperkinss2n7

Through 3 games with available stats, he's averaging 26.7 points, 9.0 rebounds, and 1.0 assists on a slashline of .519/.389/.773. Stats for the Shawnee game on 11/20 have not been posted. SWIC plays Mineral Area College tonight and Olney Central on Wednesday.

Last season: http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18/div1/players/javonteperkins5pra

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Here's the link for tracking Javonte Perkins' stats this season: http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div1/players/javonteperkinss2n7

Through 3 games with available stats, he's averaging 26.7 points, 9.0 rebounds, and 1.0 assists on a slashline of .519/.389/.773. Stats for the Shawnee game on 11/20 have not been posted. SWIC plays Mineral Area College tonight and Olney Central on Wednesday.

Last season: http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18/div1/players/javonteperkins5pra

Shawnee game—32 points, 11 rebounds and 3 steals—10 for 12 at free throw line, 11 for 20 from field, 2 for 7 from 3.

Pistol and Box and Won like this

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

While a small  sample size,  it looks like he is off to a good ..and more important ..consistent start.

By mid Dec we should have enough data to project  how he's going to do for 2018-19.

This is good for us. 1. The shoulder has plenty of time to recover, and he probably has enough time available to practice after the recovery period is done, before he becomes a Bill.

2. The fact that he will not be doing much playing, if any, time this season will probably keep the poaching coaches away from him.

40 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is good for us. 1. The shoulder has plenty of time to recover, and he probably has enough time available to practice after the recovery period is done, before he becomes a Bill.

2. The fact that he will not be doing much playing, if any, time this season will probably keep the poaching coaches away from him.

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I’m cool with him not playing this year 

It is good that he'll have plenty of time to recover, but all things being equal I'd rather not have a recruit coming off shoulder surgery.  I'd rather him get a chance to play his senior year of HS.  That playing experience might not be as valuable as college experience, but it is worth something in terms of him being ready to contribute next year.

As far as coaches poaching him, I don't think we have to worry about it either way.  Yuri already signed his LOI and has been working to recruit unsigned guys (Jitoboh) to SLU.

billiken_roy likes this

10 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I’m cool with him not playing this year 

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It is good that he'll have plenty of time to recover, but all things being equal I'd rather not have a recruit coming off shoulder surgery.  I'd rather him get a chance to play his senior year of HS.  That playing experience might not be as valuable as college experience, but it is worth something in terms of him being ready to contribute next year.

As far as coaches poaching him, I don't think we have to worry about it either way.  Yuri already signed his LOI and has been working to recruit unsigned guys (Jitoboh) to SLU.

I'm not worried about his timetable or the threat of poaching, either. He's going to make the right long-term decisions based on what his doctors are telling him. I'm sure he'll be back in a month or two to play the season out, and that'll be just fine. He's already working out and looks good. YC's a solid kid, super low key.

38 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't want Yuri to rush his return, but when the doctors tell him he can go I want him to play.  I want him to have game reps working on his shot with a healthy shoulder.  That is the best way to work through the things he was doing to compensate for the injury.  

Yes.  There is a huge difference between game reps, even in high school, and Rec Center play.  

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I don't want Yuri to rush his return, but when the doctors tell him he can go I want him to play.  I want him to have game reps working on his shot with a healthy shoulder.  That is the best way to work through the things he was doing to compensate for the injury.  

i want him to have his h.s. experience.   can never go back.  if he's deemed well, let him play.