Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

If Yuri is all that he's cracked up to be and can bring it to the next level where does this leave J Good playing PG? Obviously we're not looking for Collins to score a ton, but are looking for him to be a zen master on assists. What's J Good thinking about all this since Isabell's getting most of the minutes at PG this season? 

Unlike most recent years where the coaching staff’s options were limited, we are entering a period where we shouldn’t expect freshmen to play many minutes.  Especially if they are guards or swingmen.

i don’t know why we wouldn’t expect JGood to be the #1 PG each of the next two years.

32 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I assume you know he was referring to Jacobs and are giving him grief about using initials.

Heavens no. I believe our friend can construct a sentence without mixing first names, last names, and initials together. He clearly said Yuri, hence he is referring to Mr Foreman when he lists DJ. 😂

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

hargrove is going to start.   

Roy I don't doubt you but ... I did not realize he was that good. 

So:

Goodwin 

Thatch 

Hargrove

Gordon

French 

?

That is a team that can't shoot but can out rebound, jump, hustle, and defend against anyone. That leaves your first guys off the bench as:

Jacobs, Jimerson, Yuri, and Jitoboh (calling it). 

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Roy I don't doubt you but ... I did not realize he was that good. 

So:

Goodwin 

Thatch 

Hargrove

Gordon

French 

?

That is a team that can't shoot but can out rebound, jump, hustle, and defend against anyone. That leaves your first guys off the bench as:

Jacobs, Jimerson, Yuri, and Jitoboh (calling it). 

I heard Hargrove can shoot but you are right. 1 shooter isn’t enough unless thatch becomes one. 

25 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Mickey Pearson posted that he will sign in the spring period. Does he have any interest in the Billikens? If we crush the A10 he would probably want us again. Still don’t know his reason for leaving. The actual reason. 

He would be a ready to play just like Jacobs 

I think his reason was that he had people telling him he was too good for SLU. To that, I wouldn’t want us to consider recruiting him. 

Apparently Rutgers is making him a priority. Let him finish last in the Big 10 every year.

BlueAndWhite likes this

54 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Mickey Pearson posted that he will sign in the spring period. Does he have any interest in the Billikens? If we crush the A10 he would probably want us again. Still don’t know his reason for leaving. The actual reason. 

We need bigs to finish up a good recruiting class we don't need him especially since he did not want us we do not need a potential problem to mess up the harmony of the team.

What happens when he thinks he is better than Hankton or Hargrove and mopes because he is not starting over them.

Who is recruiting him if the top schools are not interested why would SLU want him?

Lets get some solid bigs to replace Welmer, Santos and DJ.

19 minutes ago, CBFan said:

We need bigs to finish up a good recruiting class we don't need him especially since he did not want us we do not need a potential problem to mess up the harmony of the team.

What happens when he thinks he is better than Hankton or Hargrove and mopes because he is not starting over them.

Who is recruiting him if the top schools are not interested why would SLU want him?

Lets get some solid bigs to replace Welmer, Santos and DJ.

I agree if those are the reasons. I do remember thinking he was tall and had some length. 

If Yuri can pull that big guy that would be huge

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

This is in the running for your dumbest post of the day, which is saying A LOT. 

42 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I agree if those are the reasons. I do remember thinking he was tall and had some length. 

If Yuri can pull that big guy that would be huge

Mickey is 6' 9" and is long plays the small forward / guard position a much different player than Santos and DJ.

We need 2 more bigs and hope that Hankton and Jimerson can fill the outside shooting void when we loose Bess, Isabell and Wiley.

To quote another post it would be a big assist by Yuri to get him to sign.

Like I mentioned in a prior thread when Mickey was lying about her poor grandmother, and trying to hitch at a place superior to SLU. This were my words then and now: "Mikey Pearson go f_ck yourself, hope you spend your time in college riding the pine." He may or may not ride the pine but I would be totally against giving this "too good for us" POS a place at SLU. There is absolutely no need for people like him in our team.

BlueAndWhite and jimbofive like this

37 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Like I mentioned in a prior thread when Mickey was lying about her poor grandmother, and trying to hitch at a place superior to SLU. This were my words then and now: "Mikey Pearson go f_ck yourself, hope you spend your time in college riding the pine." He may or may not ride the pine but I would be totally against giving this "too good for us" POS a place at SLU. There is absolutely no need for people like him in our team.

Also this is not a 4 or 5 star recruit just a guy that has nice numbers in high school that as far as I know is not being recruited by any major program.

19 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Also this is not a 4 or 5 star recruit just a guy that has nice numbers in high school that as far as I know is not being recruited by any major program.

Yes, but in the imagination of his family he was destined to be a star at UK, and he bought into this as well. And it serves him well that he is not being recruited by any major program now.