Signed Recruit Thread 2018-19

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Ok, Yuri, it's time to make this a trifecta.

It's not surprising to me that Yuri is the one we haven't heard anything about yet. He's such a low-key dude. In the meantime, here's a video of a recent workout with Pure Sweat and a shot of St. Mary's at The Boxing Gym:

He's looking good post-shoulder surgery. He's not known as a shooter but his shot looks a little smoother - although it could be my eyes tricking me because I'm so used to seeing him in that bulky brace. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with a much younger, more inexperienced team around him this season.

6 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Really good story.  Can't wait to see him in Billiken Blue. Now, can Yuri help land Jitoboh? That would be his first big assist for us. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/national-prep-showcase-saturday-recruiting-intel-things-we-liked

Unfortunately under a section called "Mid-Major Love", but anyway, Corey Evans of Rivals wrote this today based on our guy's performance at the National Prep Showcase:

Arguably a top five shooter in America, there are questions of where he might defend at the next level but one thing that cannot be swept under the rug is just how potent of a shot maker Gibson Jimerson is. The St. Louis bound 3-man can hit out of the spot-up, off of staggers and speed up his release whenever he needs to. Whichever situation, more than not, the ball is likely to go in, which it did on Saturday. Travis Ford had his fair share of shooters during his previous stop at Oklahoma State but Jimerson might be his best one yet…the Atlantic 10 must be warned.

If Yuri is all that he's cracked up to be and can bring it to the next level where does this leave J Good playing PG? Obviously we're not looking for Collins to score a ton, but are looking for him to be a zen master on assists. What's J Good thinking about all this since Isabell's getting most of the minutes at PG this season? 

17 hours ago, Pistol said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/national-prep-showcase-saturday-recruiting-intel-things-we-liked

Unfortunately under a section called "Mid-Major Love", but anyway, Corey Evans of Rivals wrote this today based on our guy's performance at the National Prep Showcase:

Arguably a top five shooter in America, there are questions of where he might defend at the next level but one thing that cannot be swept under the rug is just how potent of a shot maker Gibson Jimerson is. The St. Louis bound 3-man can hit out of the spot-up, off of staggers and speed up his release whenever he needs to. Whichever situation, more than not, the ball is likely to go in, which it did on Saturday. Travis Ford had his fair share of shooters during his previous stop at Oklahoma State but Jimerson might be his best one yet…the Atlantic 10 must be warned.

Can you say zone

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

If Yuri is all that he's cracked up to be and can bring it to the next level where does this leave J Good playing PG? Obviously we're not looking for Collins to score a ton, but are looking for him to be a zen master on assists. What's J Good thinking about all this since Isabell's getting most of the minutes at PG this season? 

Dj will probably play more that Yuri

French, Gordon, Goodwin, Thatch with DJ, Thor, and the incoming freshmen fighting for the rest of pt. 

The 5th starter completely depends on how Ford wants to run the offense next year at point but I think Thatch fills in Bess’s role and we put a shooter in like Gibson, Thor or Hargrove. 

You’ve heard it here first...

43 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Dj will probably play more that Yuri

French, Gordon, Goodwin, Thatch with DJ, Thor, and the incoming freshmen fighting for the rest of pt. 

The 5th starter completely depends on how Ford wants to run the offense next year at point but I think Thatch fills in Bess’s role and we put a shooter in like Gibson, Thor or Hargrove. 

You’ve heard it here first...

hargrove is going to start.   

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

No zone after he rips off about 4 in a row. Then they gotta put someone on him. Which should open up the inside. I'm excited about this kid. 

You missed my point - the quote talked about how Gibson would have trouble playing defense at the D1 level.  I was proposing that the team play a zone when he is in.