GDT TROY

Littlebill

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Brilliant captain obvious only a deep thinker like you and know other Billiken fan can figure out that the way the team played will not be good enough to win the A10.

We get it captain obvious, many of us were at the game are happy we won and cheered the team on to victory as you whined and complained like a little B.  After you posted we would lose several times then after victory you post more crap like this.

+1

J Good gets the game ball. That 3 he hit came from across the river. But the big play came on that late rebound that gave us a fresh shot clock and resulted in a basket. I believe Troy was only down by 3 at the time so that O rebound came at a big moment. 

I see Gordon only had 3 rebounds.  I was not able to watch the game last night but in the 2 games I have seen he has looked very tenative/notinterested ( trying not to say soft) in rebounding.  How did he look last night?  Hope he becomes more aggressive as he acclimates to the college game.

9 minutes ago, Billfan7 said:

I see Gordon only had 3 rebounds.  I was not able to watch the game last night but in the 2 games I have seen he has looked very tenative/notinterested ( trying not to say soft) in rebounding.  How did he look last night?  Hope he becomes more aggressive as he acclimates to the college game.

He was aggressive when he got the ball in the post. He is adjusting to the college game and showed well last night.

38 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think Gordon may be afraid to go too aggressively after boards for fear of getting fouls and sat on the bench. He'll learn what refs will ignore and show improvement. Thought he played well last night and rose to the occasion. 

gordon offensively was fine.   defense he seemed afraid to touch anyone.   now granted he has been in foul trouble the last couple of games, but cant lay back against the opponent as he did last night.   we got three bigs and we have shown if we have to, playing four guards and letting bess defend a big is ok so use the fouls and use that size advantage other than french, none of our inside guys showed well defensively.   

28 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

gordon offensively was fine.   defense he seemed afraid to touch anyone.   now granted he has been in foul trouble the last couple of games, but cant lay back against the opponent as he did last night.   we got three bigs and we have shown if we have to, playing four guards and letting bess defend a big is ok so use the fouls and use that size advantage other than french, none of our inside guys showed well defensively.   

Anytime a player shoots 100% from the field, he is doing fine.  But Gordon had 0 fouls last night. There was  no need to be tentative.  Varnado blew past him whenever he desired last night.  The footwork needs, well, work.  He wasn't getting any weak-side help, but I'm guessing French (who did have 4 fouls) would have put up more resistance.

After two games, I'm not sure French and Gordon are comfortable playing together.  Both, so far, have the same 5 to 7 foot game.  Hopefully the chemistry between the two will improve with minutes played.  It's two games, but the combined FT of French and Gordon is 2 of 9.  FG% they are 8 of 12.  Pretty obvious what I would do if the ball goes to either one in deep.

Gordon was great. Thatch didn’t have a good game. It will come though. 

Probabky in the minority, but I want to see Thor get some time. Hopefully we get an easier win Tuesday so some of the youngsters can get some extended time.  I have no idea about Ingvi’s defense, but if he’s half as good a shooter as we’ve heard there would seem to be a role for him on this team. 

Billiken Rich likes this

9 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Gordon was great. Thatch didn’t have a good game. It will come though. 

Probabky in the minority, but I want to see Thor get some time. Hopefully we get an easier win Tuesday so some of the youngsters can get some extended time.  I have no idea about Ingvi’s defense, but if he’s half as good a shooter as we’ve heard there would seem to be a role for him on this team. 

Also hoping KC gets healthy ASAP.

Billiken Rich likes this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Anytime a player shoots 100% from the field, he is doing fine.  But Gordon had 0 fouls last night. There was  no need to be tentative.  Varnado blew past him whenever he desired last night.  The footwork needs, well, work.  He wasn't getting any weak-side help, but I'm guessing French (who did have 4 fouls) would have put up more resistance.

After two games, I'm not sure French and Gordon are comfortable playing together.  Both, so far, have the same 5 to 7 foot game.  Hopefully the chemistry between the two will improve with minutes played.  It's two games, but the combined FT of French and Gordon is 2 of 9.  FG% they are 8 of 12.  Pretty obvious what I would do if the ball goes to either one in deep.

What else is new, Gordon is tentative because he has only played 2 D1 games so far. He will get it just give him some time. The issue of French and Gordon not been comfortable playing together is not much different than Isabell and Goodwin being uncomfortable with one another. It takes some time to fit together, they will all get it.