Around the A10 Composite

Taj79

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VCU got fouled on the final three as the clock ran out.  Officials swallowed their whistles.  Even the announcers said that the shooter was fouled and a must call.  Replay showed it clearly. Shot was from maybe 23 feet, so not a heave.

Whatever, VCU will do some damage in the A10.

One of our favorite officials Bo Bo Boroski was calling the VCU game it is nice to know that he calls games poorly for all of the A10 and it is not personal.

St. Johns 87 VCU 86 in one overtime.

VCU can score but they do not defend very well.

Vann is a shooter and do not put him on the line he never misses.

HP is right VCU got fouled on the last shot and should have been three free throws I saw the replay the shooter got hit.

Boise State 72 Bonnies 52

Notre Dame 67 Da Dukes 56

George Mason 78 NC Central 63

52 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

VCU got fouled on the final three as the clock ran out.  Officials swallowed their whistles.  Even the announcers said that the shooter was fouled and a must call.  Replay showed it clearly. Shot was from maybe 23 feet, so not a heave.

Whatever, VCU will do some damage in the A10.

Disagree on the foul call. Slight touch on the forearm after the ball was released. I felt good no call. Fran F sucked as a coach and sucks as an announcer. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Disagree on the foul call. Slight touch on the forearm after the ball was released. I felt good no call. Fran F sucked as a coach and sucks as an announcer. 

I guess you didn't notice how short the shot was because of the foul.  Slight touch?

Today's games and lines:  the Bonnies (NL) in the Caymans against Akron.  Saint Louis (-4.5) against Pitt at the Barclays.  Richmond (-4.5) against Wyoming in Ft. Myers.  And SVU (+8.5) against Butler in Atlantis.  SVU game tips at 7/6.

10 hours ago, willie said:

The foul was on is shooting arm, in the act of shooting and effected the shot.  It doesn't matter if Fran is an idiot or not.  He saw the same thing we all did and called it.  

almaman likes this

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The foul was on is shooting arm, in the act of shooting and effected the shot.  It doesn't matter if Fran is an idiot or not.  He saw the same thing we all did and called it.  

I replayed several times and maintain the ball was off the fingers before the arm was hit. 

-I watched most of the second half and OT of the VCU/St John's game and the following thoughts...-we play in that arena today, interesting that at the end of regulation and overtime VCU coach Rhoads did not call timeout either time and had them available, VCU's Vann had 30 and 11 (4 of 7 from 3 and 10 for 10 ft's), VCU outrebounded St John by 9, Ponds for St John had 35 and was 1-6 from 3 so did his damage from 2pt and ft's and made a nice shot to win it, VCU might be a little better than I expected, not sure about the final play but I sure hope we have plays for such situations and not just wild scrambles

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So at least we agree he got hit, and it should have been a foul.  It that had been Ponds, big time he gets 3 FT's.

Yes he got hit. No it should not have been called. Game should not be decided by touch contact that probably did not effect the shot. The shot was way short because the defender contested it. 

Dayton beats Butler 69 to 64.

SLU and Dayton have beaten two Big East teams.

I guess the Big East is a one bid league now.

HoosierPal likes this

9 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Dayton beats Butler 69 to 64.

SLU and Dayton have beaten two Big East teams.

I guess the Big East is a one bid league now.

And VCU got robbed of another. Wow, Big East and ACC likely one bid leagues.  Will there be enough teams to have a tourney?🤪

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

UMass with some major whoopass over SIUC today, 84-62. Shot 15 of 36 from the arc. Game not as close as the final score might indicate. 

That surprises me I watched SIUC play Kentucky and they looked good for 30 minutes and thought Barry was building something at Carbondale.