Around the A10 Composite

Taj79

Everybody that should have won did in the A10 tonight.  Mason, the Joey's, the Bonnies, Umass, Rhodey.  Richmond lost at Georgetown with Sherrod and Gilyard both out.  Courtney Stockard is back for the Bonnies.  Vermont beat Geedubya in Foggy Bottom.  Biggest surprise was 3 and 3 Old Dominion beating VCU in Norfolk by ten.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Everybody that should have won did in the A10 tonight.  Mason, the Joey's, the Bonnies, Umass, Rhodey.  Richmond lost at Georgetown with Sherrod and Gilyard both out.  Courtney Stockard is back for the Bonnies.  Vermont beat Geedubya in Foggy Bottom.  Biggest surprise was 3 and 3 Old Dominion beating VCU in Norfolk by ten.

Sherod is out for the year with a torn ACL. Tough break for Sherod and for the Spiders.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I think we can discard VCU as a possible sleeper in the league. This was a game decent teams win. Yes, they were underdogs, but if this team were to overachieve this year, they win games like this

At the half the Dukes trail Pitt 32-29.

The Dukes getting the SLU treatment by the refs Free Throws Dukes 5-7 Pitt 10-14.

At the half Dayton hanging tough with 25 ranked Miss St 29-26

1 hour ago, almaman said:

where's Pitt game showing?

I was checking scores and posting.

Pitt beats the Dukes 74-53

Free Throws Dukes 10-13 Pitt 21-27 sound familiar?

Miss State beats Dayton 65-58.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Pitt beats the Dukes 74-53

Free Throws Dukes 10-13 Pitt 21-27 sound familiar?

Miss State beats Dayton 65-58.

So much for the NET (Ncaa Evaluation Tool) which had  Duq as #1 in the A-10...I had Pitt by 10 pts. in this game........I have slammed this system a few times already....but I guess it doesn't matter because once the season is done they will make "corrections" and pick who they want.

Remember the T stands for Tool

A10 according to Sagarin

75  Davidson                =  79.34  7 -1, 71.67( 165)

79  Saint Louis             =  78.63  6 -1, 69.47( 247)

86  VCU(Va. Commonwealth)   =  78.15  6 -2, 71.09( 185)

88  Dayton                  =  77.93  4 -3, 76.48( 45)

101  Saint Joseph's-Pa.      =  76.96  4 -4, 73.48( 124)

123  Rhode Island            =  75.32  3 -3, 71.37( 175)

138  Massachusetts           =  73.97  5 -3, 64.92( 340)

168  Duquesne                =  71.64  4 -2, 71.34( 176)

187  George Mason            =  69.75  4 -5, 68.83( 265)

200  St. Bonaventure         =  69.24  3 -5, 66.36( 332)

214  Richmond                =  68.27  3 -5, 67.96( 294)

230  Fordham                 =  67.30  5 -1, 60.70( 353)

245  La Salle                =  66.34  0 -8, 78.81( 14)

268  George Washington       =  64.99  1 -7, 73.92( 108)

Upcoming opponents

110  Southern Illinois       =  76.10  5 -3, 71.14( 179)

47  Houston                 =  82.76  6 -0 63.24( 349)

312  NC Central              =  61.68  2 -5, 70.73( 201)

20  Florida State           =  87.06  6 -1, 77.63( 25)

216  Appalachian State       =  68.11  0 -5, 79.22( 9)

82  Oregon State            =  78.50  6 -1, 69.55( 241)

CBFan, all the ranking  sites use different models and come up with different rankings. The real proof of the pudding is when you see a team (SLU in this case) simultaneously improving  its raking in different ranking systems  that use different models. This indicates that regardless of the model used we are improving in a measurable fashion using different methodologies, a strong proof that the improvement is real and not model dependent. Do not worry about the actual ranking, concentrate on the direction we are moving, up or down in multiple systems. We are doing just fine. 

I think we're in for a bit of a surprise as to just how good VCU and Dayton are going to be this year. We all pretty much thought the A10 would come down to St.Joes, Davidson, and GM as our biggest threats. I think you can add the Rams and SVU to the mix at this point. We are definitely going to have to step up our game come conference time.

Sure we are but that was a given.  VCU beating Texas certainly turns some heads.  Dayton is winning at home in buy games.  They'll be middle of the road come conference time, might even get a first round A10 bye but that is really because how down the A10 seems to be this year.  Lots of ball to be played.

Injuries will come into play as well.  We've seen Courtney Stockard, LaDarien Griffin and Nick Sherrod all hobbled with some folks out for good this year.  Josh Cunningham was limited for a time, ditto Jacob Gilyard, Dion Wiley and Pookie Powell.  Every team in this league has one guy who -- if they were to 'blow a tire' -- would make that team's seasons go south quickly:  Davidson = Kellan Grady or Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Saint Louis = Javon Bess, St. Joe's = Lamar Kimble or Charlie Brown, Mason = Otis Livingstone, Rhode Isalnd = Jeff Dowtin, VCU = Marcus Evans, Fordham = Nick Honor, Umass = Luwane Pipkins, Dayton = Jalen Crutcher.  The others are all somewhat too pitiful to mention right now but you get the idea.

I am looking for St. Bonnie to make a slow climb up the ladder now that Stockard and Griffin are back.  They have three tough games coming up, Buffalo, @ Vermont and @ Syracuse, but by the time A10 starts, they may be an upset special.  I'd say mid pack is possible.

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I am looking for St. Bonnie to make a slow climb up the ladder now that Stockard and Griffin are back.  They have three tough games coming up, Buffalo, @ Vermont and @ Syracuse, but by the time A10 starts, they may be an upset special.  I'd say mid pack is possible.

And we always play so well when we travel to the North Pole.