Florida St will be big

Before you go on with a response like “another thread started by Glorydays” let me give some info on why this and not Seton Hall is our biggest game of the year. 

Currently they are at 14 in the nation and will continues to trickle down to the top 10 as the season goes on. 

There are many reasons to be excited by this. 

Florida State is one of our last non con games, and there is potential that we go into that game with as few as 0 to maybe 1 or even 2 loses. Being a game on the back half of the season means that this team (fingers crossed) have their chemistry together which would lead to a very competitive game. 

If Florida state cracks the top 10 then and we beat them, baring any stupid non con games, this is where we not only stay in the top 25 but remain there in the seemingly easy A10 conference season. 

This can be the true game of the season and the catalyst for national hype showing college hoops we are real this year. 

David King likes this

8 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Hoosier Pal and 05 bad posted it. No surprise. Come that game, it has potential to be a huge upside in rankings and recruiting

Yes I Bad posted it. And you deserved it. It’s pointless to even discuss potentially marquee wins concerning a game over a month away when we looked like dog p!ss against semo. You want to post this on Christmas morning I’ll good post you til I’m blue in the face, but GTFO of my face with a Florida State game post before thanksgiving.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yes I Bad posted it. And you deserved it. It’s pointless to even discuss potentially marquee wins concerning a game over a month away when we looked like dog p!ss against semo. You want to post this on Christmas morning I’ll good post you til I’m blue in the face, but GTFO of my face with a Florida State game post before thanksgiving.

Stu posted an article on it in reference to SLU, SEMO was a bump but we will be back. I have faith. Goodwin and Gordon wont have a bad game like that again, and Isabell will shoot better

14 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Stu posted an article on it in reference to SLU, SEMO was a bump but we will be back. I have faith. Goodwin and Gordon wont have a bad game like that again, and Isabell will shoot better

Ok cool. Still a month and a half away. With Seton Hall, SIU and Oregon state to best before we get to FSU. You are obsessed with individuals when that’s not the problem. The problem is the team not picking up the offensive schemes and working together. 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The problem is the team not picking up the offensive schemes and working together. 

I don’t disagree but I think the bigger problem is poor outside shooting. Offensive schemes and working together is fixable unfortunately having poor outside shooters really isn’t.

and for the record Hoosier pal and 05 are right this was a stupid post.

11 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

This we agree on and you can add French only scoring 2 points, he will score more against Troy.

Our core players from last season are better than what was demonstrated against SEMO and are the team leaders and will bring the new comers together.

See you all Saturday after a fine meal at Pappy's.

Glorydays2013 likes this

I guess maybe I should have started a new thread , O.T. Florida State game roll call, was wondering who all is going to be at the Doubleheader at the BB&T Center on Dec. 22nd ...First Game is between SLU and Florida State ,  after that the will be a game between Florida and FGCU...Was wondering if any Billiken fans  would stay to watch the 2nd game.  Trying to arrange to be off work that day , and cross The Alley

15 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I've modified the title of this thread.  Other than game-day threads, it seems to me that using "thread" in the title of a thread demonstrates a lack of imagination.  Nor should this thread be mistaken for what will eventually be the game-day thread for the actual game.

good point

8 hours ago, Billikid said:

It probably doesn’t make much of a difference what games us fans focus on, but I do think we have plenty of tough non con games, marquee or not. UK just escaped SIU by 11 after a 3 point halftime lead...

SIUC was up 7 in the second half.  They could not hit any 3 pointers and KY did in the second half.  Pippen and Cook are good players.

As any coach will tell you, looking past any opponent is ridiculous.  You are looking 11 games down the road when the next opponent is right in your grill.  Because of our woes in closing out SEMO, we have to focus on Troy and no one else.  Let's get to 2 and 0 and then look to go 3 - 0  in front of Seton Hall.  We must be 3 - 0 at that juncture.  And when that verdict is in a weak ACC team in Pitt is next.  Get to 5 and 0 then means not looking past Central Arkansas for Butler.  

Butler, SIU, Oregon State and Houston --- those four all in a row --- is one hellova gauntlet to get through before anyone starts looking at Florida State.  And then there is the "trap" game with NC Central should we survive that.

Based on what little I have seen to date, Davidson and St. Joe's are drastically different than any other teams I have seen.  Both rely heavily on guards driving with kick outs to big men shooters.  If French and Gordon protect the rim,  Brajkovic, Funk and Longpre will have open looks from their strengths, not weaknesses.  And that doesn't address stars like Grady, Gudmundsson, Brown and Kimble.  Both teams have adopted the Warriors style to me.  And we have not shown an ability (granted its one game) to  compete there.

We have a lot to develop.  Right now, that's where we should be in the OOC schedule.  The Hall, Pitt, Butler and Oregon State are huge games as is now SIU (what with their showing last night in Lexington).  If ever there was a team needing to take it 'one game at a time,' it's this one.  The potential is there, but everyone will bring their "A" game considering our preseason hype. Every broadcast I've listened to, the announcers have given us our due.  So everyone knows we are coming.

RamJAMTIME likes this

ESPN Power Rankings has a special mention for Florida State during this weeks Power Rankings (not polls).  Has them as the 16th best team in the country, but one to look out for.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25200602/college-basketball-power-rankings

Glorydays2013 likes this