How can we buy SHU and Pitt tickets?

TheA_Bomb

There's no option to purchase these as single game tickets via slubillikens.com 

Have you season ticket holders been contacted regarding these tickets?

I'm sure I could walk up but I want to be in the SLU section.  Also don't want to travel all the way to NYC without guaranteed tickets. 

I just emailed SLU ticket office. 

They did email me for the UH game.  $35/ ticket includes pregame beers and food at reception. 

From the email:

Join fellow SLU Alumni and friends for a pregame reception at the University of Houston's Student Center South before heading over to the new Fertitta Center to see the SLU Billikens take on the Houston Cougars! Your $35 registration includes the pregame reception with food and drinks, including two alcoholic beverages per person, as well as a ticket to the game. Also, we are offering a pregame-only option for $25, which is only for the reception, perfect for people who may already have tickets to the game. Additionally, should you register for game tickets, they will be available for pick-up at the pre-game reception.

When:
Sunday, Dec. 16
Noon - pregame party
2 p.m. - tip-off

Where:
University of Houston's Student Center South, Multipurpose Room

Registration includes tailgate appetizers, two alcoholic beverages at our pregame reception and a ticket to the basketball game. If you already have tickets to the game, there is a reception-only option. Parking will be extra. Please visit https://www.uh.edu/af-university-services/parking/ for campus parking maps and rates.

Registration options:

• Option 1: $35, which includes a ticket to the game and pregame reception

• Option 2: $25, for the pregame reception only

Please note, tickets for the game will be distributed at the pregame reception inside the University of Houston Student Center South Multipurpose Room until 3 p.m.

Thanks for that info. I’m in Texas looking to sit with Billiken fans for the Houston game, ideally behind the bench. I want to bring my son to his first Billiken game. I didn’t get that email and am wondering how to get that $35 package? Is that through the alumni association? 

From personal experience, the alumni tickets for these city receptions are not that great.  Once for George Washington (the infamous 20 point game) our seats were right behind Majerus and company.  The next year, we were in the end zone behind a basket while the high rollers ended up behind the bench.  SLU Nick will testify to that as he moved down low; I followed after half. The next two years , Smith Center nose bleeds.  

At La Salle, again behind the bench.  The next year, top rows in the corner at Gola Masoleum.  At St. Joes, corner seats in the furthest corner to boot.  Mason, upper level.  In most cases, the seats behind the bench were for folks like Chaifetz and crew, the Vogts and family members.  Best seats were at Fordham but I doubt there is enough seats there for a bad seat.

At the tournaments, like in DC and Brooklyn, never buy the package.  Most of the ushers see a sea of blue and don't stop you anyway.  At MSG last year, I bought $50 floor seats first row under basket and saved on the $100 to $150 they wanted for "our" section.  Then I moved there anyway.  Dayton is usually 400 sections.  This year, floor seats first row under basket at Seton Hall for $40.  With a noon tip at The Barclays for Pitt,  I doubt it will be that hard to move where you want.  Get a cheap end zone seat and go from there. Big key ----- act like you know what you're doing and you belong and you are aces for the most part.  One year, we came in the back door with the refs.  NO LIE.  We entered the court through the bowels, sat down with Rammer and Earl, and were never bothered.  Wear  a suit and they'll think you're in charge.  I sat on press row with Gene Bartow in Birmingham at a CUSA tournament ----- they thought I was with him and he had no clue who I was.  It's all in the delivery.

TheA_Bomb likes this

Good stuff Taj.  I'll hold off on Barclay's.  I wasn't too worried about that one but didn't know about SHU.  I'll let you guys know about the ductwork soon.

Ptw016 here's a link for you

https://alumni.slu.edu/controls/email_marketing/admin/email_marketing_email_viewer.aspx?sid=1264&eiid=3976&seiid=3015&usearchive=1&puid=327a5117-ed57-49ee-affb-6a1eea9fd382

I used to work at Sports Avenue in Union Station and a coworker would fax Media Badge requests with Sporting News letterhead to get on the sideline.  We had 1 VHS tape from a Miami game on ESPN where he can be seen yelling at a player as he goes out of bounds. 

I nearly rode back to Lawrence with KU BB from KC.  True story, Box was there.

A-Bomb ----you going to the Hall?  Let me know.  Also, anyone aware of anything as far as pregame also let me know.  Looking at dinner across street at either Redd's Biergarten or the Edison Ale House.

28 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

This is true.  But then you proceeded to threaten the bus driver with assault.

Fake news.  I walked away.

Yeah I'll be there. Biergarten sounds good to me.

SETON HALL GAME

With regards to tickets for the Seton Hall game, I have been in contact with their ticket sales rep and they set up the following link for tickets to be purchased.  Please note that this is not an official SLU sponsored event and that ticket sales do not go to the university.  Also note that I have seen cheaper tickets available on StubHub.  That said, this is good because it ensures that SLU fans are in the same section.

Seton Hall Pre-game drinks:

I will also personally be at Redd's Biergarten at 6pm on the 17th.  Again, this is not an official alumni event, but would love for as many people as possible to come out!

Redd's Biergarten is directly across the street from the Prudential Center.

Address: 37 Edison Place, Newark, NJ 07102

(note that if you look it up online, another address also appears. These addresses will lead you to the same bar/restaurant but are around the corner from each other)

PITTSBURGH GAME

With regards to the Pitt game, I am also in discussion with someone from the Barclay's Group Sales team and will post a link early next week.

Littlebill likes this

BillyKen, great that you set this up. I took quick look to see where they set up the SLU section in relation to the SLU bench. The tickets are in Section 5 which is on the corner of lower/main level closest to the Bills' bench. Given late date, this is about as good as could be expected. Maybe you knew all of this already, but I was curious... and this is great!

• 2 weeks later...