The Bills over Troy by 12

The Wiz

So let's answer the first question....Is Troy better than SEMO?  The answer is yes...SEMO was a D team....Troy a C-....Bills drop to a B.

We should have this game ...but we need to play better as Troy will present more of a challenge.....Strong inside presence ...Their forwards Varnado , Johnson and Hicks are all capable of scoring 20pts .This will be a good test of our D....back court is their weakness.

We need to pickup our slash line this game to ...47/33/ 70.....TOs need to be around 12....the weaker the shooting the more important the TO number becomes.

Here are our nationally ranked leaders....

FG%.......53rd...Foreman....83.3%

Blocks....31st...French.......4

Rebounds....55th...French....12

Steals.........66th...Bess...3

Bottom line....We have the tools...we just have to put it together  .If we make the slash line and TOs we win and make the spread....If we shoot like we did against SEMO,  we are in danger.

Better not take them lightly. Troy is probably one of your upper echelon buy games. Probably around a 160ish RPI team.

Last year they only lost to Kentucky by 8, beat Hawaii in Hawaii (I don't believe we ever did that). Beat ETSU in Johnson City.

They have a lot coming back from last year so we need a well played game.

2 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Better not take them lightly. Troy is probably one of your upper echelon buy games. Probably around a 160ish RPI team.

Last year they only lost to Kentucky by 8, beat Hawaii in Hawaii (I don't believe we ever did that). Beat ETSU in Johnson City.

Season previews rank them between 126-130 in the NCAA.

This is a game that can destroy all of the local preseason hype. IMO that makes it very important. 

Lose this game and I don’t expect a lot of Billiken columns in the near future it will also really hurt walk up sales for tickets for upcoming games.

8 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

We're 0-? vs Hawaii there?

Hopefully, Coach Ford has been hammering home the necessity of feeding the post.  If teams want to pack the paint, our guards got to find space to drive the lane.  I want to see at least one olley-oop attempt this game.  There are many ways to get the ball to the big men down low.  The high entry pass is only one way.  We can't let other teams force us into taking deep shots every possession.  That is not our strength.

25 minutes ago, almaman said:

We're 0-? vs Hawaii there?

I remember losing to Hawaii at the Kielviscotterprise Center but I don't remember us playing way out there.

ETA the band did a wonderful rendition of the theme from Hawaii 5-0. They were better than the team that day.

jimbofive likes this

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m dreading this game after what I watched Tuesday.

I ain't taking it lightly. I've told lots of people that I thought we were gonna have a very good season this year. Maybe topping the last tourney team. Now I don't know what to think.

4 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I remember losing to Hawaii at the Kielviscotterprise Center but I don't remember us playing way out there.

ETA the band did a wonderful rendition of the theme from Hawaii 5-0. They were better than the team that day.

Kielviscotterprise Center is that next to the Kielpeabodystifel ex opera house Theatre?

Is that in addition to 0-4 down there?

11 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

We played out there around 2005 or so.