Chaifetz Arena Happy Hour Scam

joe_davola

Do yourselves a favor and go to a local establishment before the game.  Not only are the beer cups the size of piss cups, but we were blatantly lied to and told the happy hour special ended at 6:15 when it really ended at 6:30.  Avoid the concessions at Chaifetz!

ChangeOfPace likes this

22 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

The Triumph Grill was terrific tonight pre game.....easy in easy out......quick jaunt to the Fets

Good to know.  We used to go there when it first opened and it was always busy and a good time.  We will check it out again.

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

The Triumph Grill was terrific tonight pre game.....easy in easy out......quick jaunt to the Fets

We used to be happy with the Triumph Grill.  Their prices and service were good.  In recent years, their prices jumped significantly and their service went downhill.  The last time we were there, during last season, the service was so poor, that we had to get everything to go. When we arrived we told them we only had an hour before the game, and we still missed the opening tip off.  One appetizer was delivered, but nothing else for 30 minutes.  We won't go back.

4 hours ago, joe_davola said:

Do yourselves a favor and go to a local establishment before the game.  Not only are the beer cups the size of piss cups, but we were blatantly lied to and told the happy hour special ended at 6:15 when it really ended at 6:30.  Avoid the concessions at Chaifetz!

And the prices have jumped again this year on beer. 

4 hours ago, gister said:

We used to be happy with the Triumph Grill.  Their prices and service were good.  In recent years, their prices jumped significantly and their service went downhill.  The last time we were there, during last season, the service was so poor, that we had to get everything to go. When we arrived we told them we only had an hour before the game, and we still missed the opening tip off.  One appetizer was delivered, but nothing else for 30 minutes.  We won't go back.

If we have a ton of time we hit the Fieldhouse.  If we have little time, its Triumph.  In my opinion an hour probably isn't enough time for more than a couple beers, although I am a chronically early sort of person.  Triumph is not cheap......then again nothing is compared to Humphreys. 

11 hours ago, joe_davola said:

I am very disappointed in Durron.  He flat-out lied to us.

joe_davola likes this

I was in line to get my 2 dollar beer and they told the lady in front of me that happy hour was over. 

I moved to the next line over and they were still selling happy hour beers. It was the same stand just a different cashier.

i do like that the premium beers fall into the happy hour category. If I’m going to get an 8 oz beer I want it to be a goose island IPA so I get a little more bang for my buck.

29 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-Lola?

You Really Got Me laughing with this one.  Your'e a Well Respected Man who will make me smile on this Sunny Afternoon, all the way Til The End Of The Day.  I'll have to share this with my co-worker Victoria.

(I love The Kinks)

7 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

If we have a ton of time we hit the Fieldhouse.  If we have little time, its Triumph.  In my opinion an hour probably isn't enough time for more than a couple beers, although I am a chronically early sort of person.  Triumph is not cheap......then again nothing is compared to Humphreys. 

I went to Fieldhouse last night and it was pretty crowded. I wanted some food but it was 45 mins before game time. I asked the bartender what was quick he said anything you order we will get out in 10-15 mins. I ordered a sandwich and still made it in by tip-off. It's a good spot.

2 hours ago, StlBills said:

I went to Fieldhouse last night and it was pretty crowded. I wanted some food but it was 45 mins before game time. I asked the bartender what was quick he said anything you order we will get out in 10-15 mins. I ordered a sandwich and still made it in by tip-off. It's a good spot.

That hasn't been my experience but I've usually tried to be at a table instead of the bar.  

39 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

What the latest on the humpherys situation beside it reopening?

The owners of the property are trying to line up tenets for a new building.  I was told this by a restaurant owner they are talking to about leasing there.