2018-2019 Men's Basketball Media Information

Go_Bills

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

It’s a long shot but does anyone know if you can stream the game while on a plane. I doubt it but if anyone has tried it please let me know thanks. 

I'm going to be on a plane as well.  I'm trying to decide if I should watch or not.  If it gets ugly, I might get arrested or something.

11 hours ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

It’s a long shot but does anyone know if you can stream the game while on a plane. I doubt it but if anyone has tried it please let me know thanks. 

Man there are so many variables in this question to try to answer it  But, I would say don't expect it, because the probably block for streaming. However, depending on the airline you might have a shot with the official site or low-quality pirate stream depending on if they have the bandwidth speeds to support video streaming. Even if it supports it I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly cap you as satellite data is very expensive.   

However, I am pretty confident that 101 and the stat links should load with no problem. 

4 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

If you pay for the internet you should be able to

Have you happened to try it by chance? Because from my reading of multiple airlines FAQ they can throttle speeds after like 250 MB so if you attempt to watch pick the LOWEST video settings. 

2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

I'm going to be on a plane as well.  I'm trying to decide if I should watch or not.  If it gets ugly, I might get arrested or something.

Depending on the airline, some give a discount if you purchase it ahead of time. If I was you I would pony up the money to give it a try. I will post the streaming links closer to game time. 

1 hour ago, Go_Bills said:

Man there are so many variables in this question to try to answer it  But, I would say don't expect it, because the probably block for streaming. However, depending on the airline you might have a shot with the official site or low-quality pirate stream depending on if they have the bandwidth speeds to support video streaming. Even if it supports it I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly cap you as satellite data is very expensive.   

However, I am pretty confident that 101 and the stat links should load with no problem. 

Have you happened to try it by chance? Because from my reading of multiple airlines FAQ they can throttle speeds after like 250 MB so if you attempt to watch pick the LOWEST video settings. 

Depending on the airline, some give a discount if you purchase it ahead of time. If I was you I would pony up the money to give it a try. I will post the streaming links closer to game time. 

I just flew home on Southwest during yesterday’s game. Eight dollars good for a couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, billikens747 said:

Has anyone been able to stream CBSSN games on Roku with a cable subscription?

No idea, try it and let us know?

28 minutes ago, willie said:

I just flew home on Southwest during yesterday’s game. Eight dollars good for a couple of weeks. 

So were you able to watch video on SouthWest during the game? If so which stream did you watch it from? 

Edit: First post updated for today's game.

38 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I’m in Mexico and CBS does not appear to be available.

I’ve never needed this thread more than I do now.

Where are you at in Mexico? If you are at one of the all inclusives they should be able to get you the game on a TV there.  Call the desk and tell them the situation.

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

I’m in Mexico and CBS does not appear to be available.

I’ve never needed this thread more than I do now.

weird. I was in Cancun once in 80's while The Lou cronies were still fighting over who gets to install cable and they had all the channels in our hotel. Stayed in hotel while bathing beauty GF now wife hit the beach. I bet they have it in bars if your in one of the tourist zones.

6 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Any free streams for today’s game? Have to take my brother to airport at noon and my TV provider does not allow access to streaming CBS via phone

When it gets close to game time, try http://firstrowi.net/basketball.  You may have to be patient.  Yesterday the link didn't show up until 5 minutes into the game.  As always, be wary of the popup ads.  Also, sometimes the feed freezes, but that could just be because of my crank-powered laptop.

37 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Where are you at in Mexico? If you are at one of the all inclusives they should be able to get you the game on a TV there.  Call the desk and tell them the situation.

We’re in Cancun. I’ll investigate. Fingers crossed...

5 minutes ago, unclecarl said:

When it gets close to game time, try http://firstrowi.net/basketball.  You may have to be patient.  Yesterday the link didn't show up until 5 minutes into the game.  As always, be wary of the popup ads.  Also, sometimes the feed freezes, but that could just be because of my crank-powered laptop.

Thanks!