Billikens.com: Server Change

SluSignGuy

Today, my web host informed me that in the next 24 - 48 hours, they will be moving Billikens.com to a new server.  There will be a little downtime - I am not sure how much.  Here is some of the text from the email

Within the next 24 - 48 hours we plan to move your service to the new infrastructure. Here's a description of the particular service(s) this affects.

server.billikens.com

This upgrade does not have an effect on the IP addresses you currently use. The IP migration will take place after all metrics indicate a successful transfer.

There will be some downtime during this transfer process. Actual downtimes will differ based on the amount of data needed to transfer. We are focused on making the process as seamless as possible. 

Apologies for this inconvenience around the first game of the season.  Overall, my web host merged with another company.  They have done a very good job warning that this will happen over the last 6 months.  It just happened to be our switch was timed for today or tomorrow.  Hopefully all goes smoothly.

8 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Did the server change get done? Just curious.

thinks for reminding me. I tried to check board out about and hour ago and it said couldn't log on to server and after failing again remembered it would be down at some point. while later  got on forgot all about it till W P posted this ? so I'm thinking maybe it's been taken care of.

37 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The forum is broken for those not logged in.  Fortunately, though the CSS is missing, the login fields appear, and once the user logs in, everything looks normal.

Thanks.  I have put in a support request with the forum software company.