GDT vs Southeast Missouri State

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Win by ten.  Slu72 is buying.  GlenGoyne 18-year-old please.

Got to give the Redhawks credit.  Did Ford get out coached?  The difference between us in the halves was astounding.  They had no interior yet we pansied around the outside.  Gordon has to get up to speed.  Goodwin can't charge into the lane out of control.  Free throw shooting remains Achilles heel.  We missed just almost as many as we made.  Outside of Wiley and Bess, three point shooting was overly suspect.    Lots of work to do. It's a win but not a good omen.

Just now, MattyMo213 said:

I don’t like to compare to other teams but UNC only beat Wofford by 11 and Villanova was only up 11 on Morgan State at halftime. Everything is fine 

While we’re on the topic might as well... Our Jesuit bros to the east r only up 4... Xavier 63 iupui 59

Wow. It’s like everyone forgot how each season tends to have a couple ups and downs.

I’m still all in for NCAA bid. They’ll gel more in the next couple weeks and by mid December well all be drinking the kool aid again. Chill out on the first game of the year with all new components. 

An ugly win is still a win. I’m glad we clawed it back to 10 😬 

Brighton likes this

20 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

How many of you chicken littles are selling stock? I’m buying all the stock I can get my hands on. 

French had one shot. Our vets let this game get away from us and now so many here are saying the sky is falling because of a bad 10 min. 🙄

The bad 10 minutes doesn’t bother me as much as the 5-26 from 3. The 5-26 wouldn’t bother me as much if it didn’t follow a 4-18 against UMSL. 

The terrible 3 point shooting is beginning to become a trend.

I think they will be ok but the awful shooting is going to hurt them more than a couple times.

Westy03 likes this

17 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Compare all u want, we've got to shoot better than 18% from 3 land and better than 54% for FT's. 

or just shoot less 3's. If we can't make them go for layups, jams and other inside stuff. 10 3s kills 10 2s but 0 for 3s loses  games. we shot over 75% on non 3s. if we took 12 of the 21 goose egg 3s and shot that same % with a dozen 2s thats 18 points.

5 minutes ago, almaman said:

or just shoot less 3's. If we can't make them go for layups, jams and other inside stuff. 10 3s kills 10 2s but 0 for 3s loses  games. we shot over 75% on non 3s. if we took 12 of the 21 goose egg 3s and shot that same % with a dozen 2s thats 18 points.

Agree. 

I don’t think French got the ball on the block more than twice. 

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If Isabell shoots that terribly at the FT line we’re not going to hold many leads

He better show something soon.  He's basically 5'2", doesn't play defense and can't hit a wide open three to save his life.  

His FTs were horrendous.