Women's Billikens Basketball

St. Louis Eagles 16’s girls have had a nice summer, taking 2nd in the Louisville Run for the Roses, winning the Chicago Tournament of Champions, and they had another good showing in Minnesota this past week. They have some talented players, including daughter of SLU alum Scott Highmark. Brooke Highmark is playing up on the team. Saniah Tyler, Marshaun Bostic, Vanessa Poll, Jaliyah Green, Samya Johnson, Lindsay Mason, Jaiden Bryant, Ari Jones, Kierra Brody, Amelia Bell, Jasmin Raynor. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, courtside said:

St. Louis Eagles 16’s girls have had a nice summer, taking 2nd in the Louisville Run for the Roses, winning the Chicago Tournament of Champions, and they had another good showing in Minnesota this past week. They have some talented players, including daughter of SLU alum Scott Highmark. Brooke Highmark is playing up on the team. Saniah Tyler, Marshaun Bostic, Vanessa Poll, Jaliyah Green, Samya Johnson, Lindsay Mason, Jaiden Bryant, Ari Jones, Kierra Brody, Amelia Bell, Jasmin Raynor. 

Interesting stuff about Highmark's daughter.  Looked her up on Twitter, she looks a lot like Scott.  Would be cool to see her as a legacy player at SLU.  SLU's assistant coach Kat Martin just recently left to be the head coach at Westminster (Brooke's HS), so that can't hurt our chances.

GCvnzTGA_400x400.jpg

37 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Looked her up on Twitter, she looks a lot like Scott.  GCvnzTGA_400x400.jpg

(While reading your comment before seeing picture) Me: "Oh come on, I'm sure she doesn't really look like...."

(Opens picture); "Yup, carry on.  That's Scotts daughter alright."

3 hours ago, philliken said:

(While reading your comment before seeing picture) Me: "Oh come on, I'm sure she doesn't really look like...."

(Opens picture); "Yup, carry on.  That's Scotts daughter alright."

I saw the picture before reading the comments, and my thought was, "She looks just like him."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 1:58 AM, billikenfan05 said:
Stone just offered an 8th grader

Ah, that makes sense. I saw this on Twitter and was thinking HS kids are looking younger than I remembered.

(I probably need to go on the record saying I only found this because I occasionally do searches on combos like "saint louis offer" to see if I missed any recent offers.)

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Ah, that makes sense. I saw this on Twitter and was thinking HS kids are looking younger than I remembered.

(I probably need to go on the record saying I only found this because I occasionally do searches on combos like "saint louis offer" to see if I missed any recent offers.)

You could have thrown the podcast under the bus. We retweeted it. Haha 

Pistol likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies preview up on SLU Billikens.com

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211814475

Coach Stone mentions Myia Clark as the most improved player. During the Billiken Madness you could see her improvement, she looked like the best player on the floor that day. The ladies scrimmage was much more serious than the men's was that day also. I'm not saying she was or is better than Ciaja or Brooke, just mentioning that you could clearly see her improvement and it appeared significant. Also watching the Billiken Madness I noted that Julia Martinez had really nice vision. She made a couple of outstanding passes, now I see she set her schools assist record. Don't have any idea how much she will contribute just noting what stood out to me. Looking forward to both the men's and ladies season's with a lot of hope

RUBillsFan and Pistol like this

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Ladies preview up on SLU Billikens.com

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211814475

Coach Stone mentions Myia Clark as the most improved player. During the Billiken Madness you could see her improvement, she looked like the best player on the floor that day. The ladies scrimmage was much more serious than the men's was that day also. I'm not saying she was or is better than Ciaja or Brooke, just mentioning that you could clearly see her improvement and it appeared significant. Also watching the Billiken Madness I noted that Julia Martinez had really nice vision. She made a couple of outstanding passes, now I see she set her schools assist record. Don't have any idea how much she will contribute just noting what stood out to me. Looking forward to both the men's and ladies season's with a lot of hope

Clark scored 18 (of the teams 42) points against UConn last season.  That speaks to her upside if she can find some consistency.  Future is bright.

• 2 weeks later...

the illini women were not good last year, and i honestly dont know what their outlook is for this season, but it is a big ten program, so good for coach stone and the lady billikens!

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the illini women were not good last year, and i honestly dont know what their outlook is for this season, but it is a big ten program, so good for coach stone and the lady billikens!

Posted the tweet first and was going to try to figure out of the Illini WBB team was any good and come back around with an edit.  Thanks.

Ciaja Harbison was named preseason 1st team all A10 and Brooke Flowers was named 3rd team and 1st team all defensive. I'd bet on Brooke doing better than that and if Myia plays this year like she looked in the scrimmage she could be pushing for a spot on one of the end of season teams

33 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Ciaja Harbison was named preseason 1st team all A10 and Brooke Flowers was named 3rd team and 1st team all defensive. I'd bet on Brooke doing better than that and if Myia plays this year like she looked in the scrimmage she could be pushing for a spot on one of the end of season teams

I think Brooke gets overlooked because she didn't get a ton of playing time the 1st half of the year.  She only started 20/31 games and averaged just 23.6 minutes per game.  She should put up bigger numbers just by getting more playing time.

I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but the women had a horrid first half against UT-Martin but rallied and won 56-50 in their opener.

They play at Cincinnati on Sunday at 2:00 and I think I'll be able to make it. They also play at NKU on Tuesday but I probably can't make that one work. I hadn't looked at the schedule until yesterday so I didn't realize they had a 2-game road trip here.

39 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but the women had a horrid first half against UT-Martin but rallied and won 56-50 in their opener.

They play at Cincinnati on Sunday at 2:00 and I think I'll be able to make it. They also play at NKU on Tuesday but I probably can't make that one work. I hadn't looked at the schedule until yesterday so I didn't realize they had a 2-game road trip here.

Ciaja harbison exited the game early in the 3rd as well.

I didn't see the game but Ciaja only played 20 minutes. Also had 6 t/o's. Brooke Flowers 10/9.  Two Frosh with big contributions Rachel Clark 12/5 shot 50% from the field and 3 in 34 min. Julia Martinez with 7 rb's and 6 assists with just 2 t/o's in 33 min.