The Bills over SEMO by 17

The Wiz

Since we began the season with a number of question marks....it is only right that we start with Descartes

It is very certain that,  when it is not in our power to determine what is true,  we ought to act according to what is most probable.....Descartes  1637

This should be an easy win....but if we go in with that attitude it won't be.

SEMO starts the season with a grade of D......9 of their players have never played D-1...Pretty much their whole team is Brewer...He made the All OVC team last year as a freshman. averaging 14.5  ppg. This year he scored 25 pts against SW Baptist.  He shot 91% from the FT line. (10-11)  Does it mean anything against a team like SWB....Yes...It means if you leave him alone he will burn you.

So what do the Bills need to do to win...make some shots....45/33/70...we could probably win with less but we should aim for at least these numbers to start getting in a groove for the season. Also , we need to cut the TOs in half from the last game (24)  Again , not only to win but to get on track. Things are going to ramp up real quick in about 12 days....Seton Hall

Bottom line...Stop Brewer and we win....Play well and we will beat more than just SEMO.

rgbilliken likes this

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

So what do the Bills need to do to win...make some shots....45/33/70...we could probably win with less but we should aim for at least these numbers to start getting in a groove for the season. Also , we need to cut the TOs in half from the last game (24)  Again , not only to win but to get on track. Things are going to ramp up real quick in about 12 days....Seton Hall

Let's hope we do better than 33%.  That's not much to ask for.  I'm betting there will be a lot of open looks.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Let's hope we do better than 33%.  That's not much to ask for.  I'm betting there will be a lot of open looks.

I  set the bar low after the UMSL showing of 25%.....33% is actually a D-......35.6 will get you a C....the 33% will be good enough to get the 17 points....baby steps.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Look at the stats from last game. That is what I was referring to. Goodwin shot like 13 and made less than 3. Isabell keeps the shooting up 

Whoa. Back up the bus. You are the guy who banged me for referring to historical player stats (and likey left a Troll Reaction).  So are you know coming over to my side?

4 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Look I would love a Majerus defense but SLU won’t get that until Jordair, Evans,Barnett, McCall, somehow becomes the defensive coaches. And even then. Majerus is not our coach and Ford has never once said he is taking from his playbook 

Playing good defense isn't a Majerus thing, it is a winning basketball thing.