GDT: Game of the Year

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Actually we were one of the most efficient offenses in the NCAA between 2011-2014 but don't let facts get in the way.

Rickma's last year was the one we ranked really high in offensive efficiency.  It went downhill from there.  In 13-14 we were just average in offensive efficiency.

18 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Someone said it earlier but these guys probably didn’t didnt try too hard against these guys. 

They knew they are far superior and will win

Its a glorified scrimmage and maybe a waste of time for them

Didn’t put much effort because of above 

explains the turnovers as well 

teams often times play to a lower teams level. If Duke played Fordham they would probably have their worst game of the year in stats 

You know, I had a slightly different take. D-2 teams naturally bring their A game in games like this. They have something to prove, a bit of chip on shoulder, we’re as good as you. Extra motivation. Then when the D-2 team is from same city as the D-1 team, and some of the players know each other, it really gets ramped up. UMSL brought much of their A game  — though in trying to do too much, got sloppy.

I thought SLU played hard. It was intense, very physical out there. And the D-1 team likewise wants to show they’re superior, the real deal. In their hurry, they play too fast, try to “out-athlete” them, take risks they usually wouldn’t, get a little too cute with stuff, don’t hold screens, forget a defensive assignment, etc. They get sloppy. Then add to that: everyone’s still fighting for top rotation minutes. Even sloppier. (Btw, I have not checked rosters to know who from each team has history with the other. Just gut guess.)

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Rickma's last year was the one we ranked really high in offensive efficiency.  It went downhill from there.  In 13-14 we were just average in offensive efficiency.

You’re right. I think what he was basing our awful offense on was points per game which was what I was arguing against 

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

Man. I just want to make the NCAA Tourney

I would pay an obscene amount of money to be guaranteed to make the Sweet 16 this year. Like "sorry no college for my non-existent children" money.

lucky for you, no money necessary this year.  Sit back and enjoy.