GDT: Game of the Year

You’re out of your mind if you think our top scorer will lose minutes and get benched. Isabell is the reason we are picked for 1st. Just a reminder because you all must have forgotten is he is being considered for the NBA with his shot. Also averaged 22 last year... on track for a high double digit point average this year. 

Thatch will get more pt later on potentially, just not as much during Non Con. It depends on Wiley entirely. I think Ford will have experience later on in the season with Gordon as the exception. Thatch will definitely be a starter next year though 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You’re out of your mind if you think our top scorer will lose minutes and get benched. Isabell is the reason we are picked for 1st. Just a reminder because you all must have forgotten is he is being considered for the NBA with his shot. Also averaged 22 last year... on track for a high double digit point average this year. 

Thatch will get more pt later on potentially, just not as much during Non Con. It depends on Wiley entirely. I think Ford will have experience later on in the season with Gordon as the exception. Thatch will definitely be a starter next year though 

If you think this team will outscore bad defense you’re very much overestimating their offensive ability.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

I like defensive effort. Haven’t seen it from him yet. 

Hopefully, he’s got the experience to know he can turn on the defensive effort when he needs to, but based on practice reports, his defensive effort seems to be consistently lacking. 

9 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

And I like that he's the best offensive billiken this century (Hot take) but to each their own

Very hot take, I like

He has the potential then to be the best Billiken this century by putting forth serious defensive effort. That should bother you 

Great response. 

Someone said it earlier but these guys probably didn’t didnt try too hard against these guys. 

They knew they are far superior and will win

Its a glorified scrimmage and maybe a waste of time for them

Didn’t put much effort because of above 

explains the turnovers as well 

teams often times play to a lower teams level. If Duke played Fordham they would probably have their worst game of the year in stats 

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Someone said it earlier but these guys probably didn’t didnt try too hard against these guys. 

teams often times play to a lower teams level. If Duke played Fordham they would probably have their worst game of the year in stats 

Maybe, maybe not.  Its alarming because we dont know yet. 

37 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Congrats on interjecting yourself into a conversation with a joke that you clearly didn't get. I was inferring that his son is a ladies man and will steal our WAGs.

and congratulations for not "getting" the fact that you are the worst offender of a foul mouth at games for youngsters to hear.  at least you were during your days in our section.   hopefully you have learned over the years since. 

7 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

1) That's a bad thing to have your team do

2) If our players had that attitude going in we're in deep sh!t.

3) See above

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

and congratulations for not "getting" the fact that you are the worst offender of a foul mouth at games for youngsters to hear.  at least you were during your days in our section.   hopefully you have learned over the years since. 

I could care less Roy as noted by me poking fun at myself.

In the words of the late great RM, "Good spacing is good offense and good offense is good spacing".  We had neither last night.  In my humble opinion, we have too much going on offensively.  Too many lazy cuts and down screens for dudes who can't shoot even if it is a good screen.  Our personnel doesn't exactly spread defenses out and last night our system didn't either. I'd rather see us play with better spacing to open up penetration than with the amount of downscreens we had last night.  We've got the guards to break guys down off the bounce and make plays if they have room to operate.  And have to have less dudes cutting through if we're hoping to go hi-lo action which is one of our primary actions.  Obviously each coach has different philosophies on exhibitions and maybe T Ford is just not giving anybody more material to scout but so far we haven't shown the personnel or system to space it the way the modern game requires. 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

1) What's your evidence?

2) If our players had that attitude going in we're in deep sh!t.

3) See above

Evidence is how good teams usually are during exhibitions? Look outside SLU and other fanbases have the same bad reactions to their teams exhibitions as we are. 

Remember during Crews last year we were like 7-0  early on and beat teams with 100 point games? Didn’t mean anything 

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I could care less Roy as noted by me poking fun at myself.

you couldnt care less about the way your deportment was observed by the fans in 102 and 103 a couple of years back?   ok.   that tells us a lot.   

LOL don’t give a flying fuok.

and i am sure the folks in 102 and 103 understood you would feel that way before.   you just gave off that air about you.   no wonder everyone flocks to sit next to you at games.