First Papal Poll

slu72

Very creative slu72, maybe in the interests of Mother Church and all of the goodness it spreads for needy people they should also reinstate the sale of indulgences. Of course this will be restricted only to those Pope Francis likes. The rebirth of Papal indulgence edicts, a free pass out of Hell regardless. If this is the idea, it is a very old idea, just ask Martin Luther (the German, XVI th century).

8 hours ago, almaman said:

I Forgot about all the Plenary Indulgences I accrued in grade school. Who kept track of them the local church or the archdiocese? Maybe they're online now. Can't remember if they did gather interest. 

Is the Church trying to solve the current scandal by granting Plenary Indulgences?

11 hours ago, almaman said:

I Forgot about all the Plenary Indulgences I accrued in grade school. Who kept track of them the local church or the archdiocese? Maybe they're online now. Can't remember if they did gather interest. 

I don't remember any plenary indulgences. Seems like we were too busy buying Pagan Babies.

12 hours ago, Old guy said:

Very creative slu72, maybe in the interests of Mother Church and all of the goodness it spreads for needy people they should also reinstate the sale of indulgences. Of course this will be restricted only to those Pope Francis likes. The rebirth of Papal indulgence edicts, a free pass out of Hell regardless. If this is the idea, it is a very old idea, just ask Martin Luther (the German, XVI th century).

So how old are you, was ML a buddy?

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

Is the Church trying to solve the current scandal by granting Plenary Indulgences?

Maybe they were the hush money back then. 

So much ridiculous dogma seemed so obvious when I dropped out of it in HS.  Another goofy rule long since dropped that got to me was women having to wear a hat to church.