GDT #Hawktober

Littlebill

11 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Many of the players shorts were a bit more fitted. Must be the new style rather than long and baggy.

Speaking of uniforms, why do men's NCAA teams wear whatever color shoes the player wants but women's teams all wear the same color shoe????? This applies to Billiken teams in addition to others.

Wiley obviously likes his shorts shorter compared to his teammates 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

It was a troll directed at this community. It’s funny. Relax 

Agreed.

if you are getting this upset about it you need to either find a new hobby or get a Xanax prescription. 

Benfred is having some fun at the expense of some over sensitive Bills fans.

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Agreed.

if you are getting this upset about it you need to either find a new hobby or get a Xanax prescription. 

Benfred is having some fun at the expense of some over sensitive Bills fans.

I do think it’s a fair criticism when he actually does put Tiger stuff in Billiken articles but this one was just him poking fun. 

I was one that complained about the Hochman Mizzou mentions but this one I did laugh at when I saw it.  Especially because on a day when Mizzou football was playing a 12th ranked team and the Blues had the Blackhawks in town, Benfred went to an exhibition game at SLU against Quincy.  It was great having two articles yesterday to read about just an exhibition game.

Littlebill likes this

BBF -- I said he'd be fine.  I was only trying to explain the "speed" of the game as you progress up the ladder.  I focused on the two quick fouls, nothing more.  I never criticized the kid directly at all and if all you want are stats, then I agree wholeheartedly with your review.  But make no mistake, two quick fouls against a Quincy will translate into four or more against the real players.

16 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

Was at the game for 1st 30 min & left with a 30+ lead.  Read this whole thread & saw no comments about Thatch's drives to the basket.  He has after burner speed - he blew by & thru everyone to the hoop.  Not sure Kwamain ever got there that quick.   Want to see more of him vs UMSL

11 hours ago, slufanskip said:

And … finishes with his left from the left. Kudos Fred Thatch. Nothing irks me more than to see a player contort his body to finish with his right hand from the left side. I'm amazed by how many good players do it. It's one of the things that made Jordair great. You had to defend both sides of the basket and it was nearly impossible to block his shot as it was always in his away hand

Thatch looked great going to the basket in the highlight packages shared on Twitter. He gets up and shows some power before finishing smooth with either hand. Definitely shades of Jett there.

People are being a little hard on Gordon. He's coming off an illness. He wasn't going to go at 100% speed and still managed to be effective in his first competitive game of college. He showed the footwork of an upperclassman on the highlights I saw, too. He's more than fine.

3 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Watching this again, I think the 0:54 mark is where Wiley's questionable injury occurs. He looked to either hyperextend his knee a bit or roll his ankle.

Hopefully Stu has an update on him later today.

Yeah, if you go back and watch my twitch stream and I don’t know why you would, I have a voice for silent movies. I think I even made a note of mentioning it on the video.

15 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I do think it’s a fair criticism when he actually does put Tiger stuff in Billiken articles but this one was just him poking fun. 

I wonder if it's trolling SLU fans or actually fishing for clicks from Mizzou fans.  I bet someone in the Post's sports department told the writers to put at least one reference to Mizzou in any article they can fit it into.  The idea  being that it will get the Mizzou fans to click on the article when they run a search for articles about Mizzou.

30 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I wonder if it's trolling SLU fans or actually fishing for clicks from Mizzou fans.  I bet someone in the Post's sports department told the writers to put at least one reference to Mizzou in any article they can fit it into.  The idea  being that it will get the Mizzou fans to click on the article when they run a search for articles about Mizzou.

Nobody is getting clicks from the body of an article. All your clicks are coming from the headline. He's pretty much confirmed this was a friendly troll.

8 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

I was one that complained about the Hochman Mizzou mentions but this one I did laugh at when I saw it.  Especially because on a day when Mizzou football was playing a 12th ranked team and the Blues had the Blackhawks in town, Benfred went to an exhibition game at SLU against Quincy.  It was great having two articles yesterday to read about just an exhibition game.

Having two writers at the P-D covering the same Billikens game -- beat writer for game story and columnist for feature article -- has happened many many times. The last time I remember was late in the 2013 conference season when Tom Timmermann and Bernie Miklasz tag-teamed it.  But two of them for an exhibition game against a Div-2 school? Following a roughly .500 season? And as Bills_06 says, with the Hawks in town?

Unthinkable.

Welcome onto the bandwagon, Post-Dispatch! Plenty of room and glad to have ya. Thanks for adding some positive sports news, much needed in this currently dreary sports market.